Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again. Another mass shooting another person in power wanting to point the blame on video games.

First of all its sad and tragic that this happened and we never want things like this to happen but unfortunately they do.

Second, I don't get why video games always get the blame and bad rap. Not saying they should but why not they say movies and music can play a role on one's mental state.

How many people imitate Al Pacino in Scarface? All the violence and sex in music, especially rap songs which is todays most popular music in America. No its always soley video games.

I know nothing of the two shooters so I dont know if they played video games or how there personal life was but maybe that was it. It could be nothing of entertainment had a play in this and it all stems from personal life. From home to the persons job, to just the outside world these two shooters deal with on a daily basis. You add that up for years, decades and some people snap.

Dont know if anyone goes to IGN but they wrote a great counter argument to Trump blaming video games. There are other countries that have access to video games and play as much as we do yet no mass shooting. Only in America. So these countries play games just as much as us yet its not affecting or influcing them to go out and do these horrible things.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Yes because when I play a video game that involves guns, my 1st thinking is I am going to go out and kill somebody.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
blame video games instead of the evident problem with letting citizens own deadly high powered military grade weaponry. That should throw em off the scent.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
The image that @Draykorinee ; posted is the only answer people need every time this argument rolls around. Trump clutching at any straw to deflect from the fact that the manifesto written basically had his words in it.

blame video games instead of the evident problem with letting citizens own high powered and deadly military weaponry. That should throw em off the scent.

#Lynn2020

·
Registered
265 Posts
The confession I truly have to make is that sometimes I have an outer-body experience, have to paint myself blue, go to as many jewelry stores as I can and steal as many gold rings as possible. There's a large gentleman with an equally as large moustache that constantly tries to stop me but I just bounce on his head 8 times and he shakes his fist in defeat until the next time my urge comes along.

For real, Trump is an empire state wanker.

It looks good on him to talk about tragedies in a community when he has the power to stop it from happening.

He's just as much a murderer as any gunman.

·
Baby Yoda
29,734 Posts
Who elected this moron?

Everyone in the world plays video games yet it's really USA where this a common occurrence.

If you're seriously trying to pin this on video games, you've either got an agenda and are protecting someone or you're straight up stupid. In Trump's case, he seems to be both.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
#Lynn2020
not sure on that, lynn suggested that the alarm sounding in alans care was down to the windscreen washer fluid being low (ludicrous) and when corrected suggested that it might be because the car's clock wasnt right.

think we can all agree that whilst lynn is a solid worker, she is incapable of leading a country. Soz lynn.

Reactions: Ninja Hedgehog

·
Baby Yoda
29,734 Posts
The fact this clown has the audacity to pin such tragedies on something as silly as video games pisses me off.

People in your country are dying meaningless deaths, and you someone of power who can do something about it are acting ignorant all to protect your buddies.

I hope the idiots who voted for him realize just how big of a mistake it was now.

Video games, jfc if you're going to deflect at least come up with something better than video games fpalm

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
not sure on that, lynn suggested that the alarm sounding in alans care was down to the windscreen washer fluid being low (ludicrous) and when corrected suggested that it might be because the car's clock wasnt right.

think we can all agree that whilst lynn is a solid worker, she is incapable of leading a country. Soz lynn.
A presidential campaign decimated with one post. Impressive

Despite her obvious (and massive) flaws listed above, she still has to be better than Trump though?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
We play enough video games everywhere else too. But we can't shoot if we don't have access to guns in other countries.

I suggest we allow guns to be available everywhere else where we play video games and see if there is any change in the number of mass shootings. Let's everyone contribute to this for science to help solve this unsolvable problem for the US.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
The leader of the most powerful country in the world refuses to look at the actual problems with it and desperately clamours to find others that are completely make-believe. World fine. Humans fine. No problem here.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,395 Posts
If someone is actually triggered into commiting mass murder because if a video game, then there was always going to be something that triggers them because that person is clearly unwell, and America's gun culture and the way more value is put into the "right" to own guns than the sanctity of human life will keep breeding these people.

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
NRA lobby stronger than gamer lobby I guess. Gamers gotta step up their donation game and hire former congressmen to lobby on their behalf for them.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I don't like to get into politics on here, but this is just total BS. They've been trying to blame this on video games ever since I was a kid. When I was a kid, Mortal Kombat was the worst thing ever according to the politicians. All people my age who played it should be in jail by now if you listened to them.

They play a ton of video games in Japan, its funny these shootings don't happen there..........

1 - 20 of 45 Posts