Wrestling Forum banner

True Story of Wrestlemania............WOW

6112 Views 44 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  imEnigmaticAsshole
Just finished watching the True Story of Wrestlemania DVD and Im thinking 'how can you not LOVE wwe after watching that?' Dont want to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet but I would definitely recommend watching it. New found respect for Vinny Mac and Hulk Hogan for what they have done for professional wrestling. Its not often that I get to praise the WWE nowadays, but this production was great. Absolutely amazing watch.

Anyone who has seen it, feel the same?
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· LIVE ACTION!
1,556 Posts
I saw the main documentary on Netflix and do recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it but I don't think I'd spend money on it. So if you have Netflix, DEFINITELY watch it. Wouldn't say I gained respect for Hogan (hard for me to do at this juncture of his career/life) but Vince definitely went even higher up in my books. The risk he took with putting on Wrestlemania was immense but as we all know, it came out for the best.

· Read Only
11,551 Posts
Oh, absolutely recommended by me as well.
It's just one of those documentaries... Not a must-watch, but if anyone is interested in the workings of the backstage side of the business and want to learn about McMahon, Hogan and the birth of WrestleMania, it is a great watch and totally worth the money.

· Registered
20,766 Posts
You can find it on Youtube easily.

· Registered
1,771 Posts
If you don't know the history then it's neat. It breaks no new ground, though, and is superficial on McMahon's relationship with Trump and just how much he had financially invested in Mania 1. Topics don't get discussed much - they ask why Flair Vs. Hogan didn't happen and it's not satisfactorily answered, even though they had plenty of people who could answer. They also spout the same lies as always about why the Hogan/Slaughter Mania was moved to a smaller building and disregard how small a venue Mania 9 happened in.

· Registered
227 Posts
If you don't know the history then it's neat. It breaks no new ground, though, and is superficial on McMahon's relationship with Trump and just how much he had financially invested in Mania 1. Topics don't get discussed much - they ask why Flair Vs. Hogan didn't happen and it's not satisfactorily answered, even though they had plenty of people who could answer. They also spout the same lies as always about why the Hogan/Slaughter Mania was moved to a smaller building and disregard how small a venue Mania 9 happened in.
Exactly,this dvd is a huge disappointment to say the least.It was basically just a recap of all Wrestlemanias.If you're expecting to see some behind the scene footage,go watch The Mania of Wrestlemania instead.

· The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,247 Posts
The only thing that I didn't like about the doc was at Mania 24 and they talked a lot about Show vs Mayweather but didn't really mention Ric Flair(retiring) then eventhough he still wrestle, it was a big moment then.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
It was a good dvd, probably one of the best I watched. Of course there are things they could have expanded on but I think as an overall history of Wrestlemania it is good.

I think the thing that really suprised me was the talk about the switching of locations of mania, where they planned it and where it actually took place etc. For example I never knew they planned to have wrestlemania 24 in the smallest building ever to hold a mania only for it to be switched to the citrus bowl.

Also the backstage footage at wm 9 was pretty neat.

· Registered
20,766 Posts
Just finished watching. Great documentary, as mentioned, they gave major props to Hogan and others like Macho Man who haven't always been on the greatest terms with the company. The backstage footage of Wrestlemania 1-3 and 9 were very insightful as well.

· Registered
141 Posts
Watched the documentary a few days ago, and enjoyed it for the most part. Sure, it could have easily been improved in some areas, but generally speaking, it was very decent. Kinda surprised how WWE actually credited Hogan with establishing Wrestlemania and how closely tied the two were for a number of years despite his ranking in the hilarious "50 Greatest Superstars" list, but that was nice to see. Though again, a bit unexpected.

The candid Wrestlemania 9 footage was very cool to see BTW.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.