Rock
Austin
HBK
HHH
Y2J
CENA
FLAIR
HOGAN

Unfortunately wrestlers such as rko and MVP and other one trick ponies alike, dont have the adaptability to be considered best ever

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
My first thought was "Undertaker is a face even when he is meant to be a heel, and he is certainly up there with the other names on that list"

MVP could have been an awesome face if they didnt totally kill his gimmick. Just imagine how famous the Rock would have been if he stayed calling himself Rocky Maivia.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Cena plays a great heel? We don't really know that. Also what about Sting, he plays a shit heel, and is a hell of a lot more legendary than Y2J. And I love Y2J.
Well he was pretty good as a heel when he was doin his Thuganomics gimmick. A lot of that hasn't really changed in his character. He just toned it down and doesn't speak in Rhyme anymore.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
i agree somewhat with your post, but take triple h off that list, he sucks as a face and really cringe worthy, i believe theres a lot of guys who never got the chance to see if they could pull off both and then theyre are guys that one or the other coems so naturally that they cant be taken serious as the other and are still legends.

I would never buy Ric flair as a face, he looks,talks and just his whole aura screams heel, same with triple h he looks like a bad man lol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ric Flair said something similar like that when talking about Steamboat. He said that he would have been the greatest wrestler ever if he had played a heel at least once in his career.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
My first thought was "Undertaker is a face even when he is meant to be a heel, and he is certainly up there with the other names on that list"

MVP could have been an awesome face if they didnt totally kill his gimmick. Just imagine how famous the Rock would have been if he stayed calling himself Rocky Maivia.
This. MVP couldn't even reinvent himself at all as a babyface character cause WWE didn't give him a chance due to them just letting MVP float around in the under-card when he is technically one of their top most accomplished wrestlers. The only time we see MVP in his new character at a full time high was during the epic promo which he shared with the Miz earlier this year. Just look at the Rock for example, when he turned Face, absolutely nothing changed about him just now his comedy target was more towards the Heel wrestlers then Faces.

The highest paid athlete gimmick could of just worked as good as it was when MVP was a Heel. For crying out-loud it was the reason how MVP was getting cheered in the first place due to his cocky, arrogant attitude and the aura that he just brings.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
LOL at you using MVP as an example when talking abut legends.
and that's another thing I meant to mention. As a massive fan of MVP, I don't know why he is being used as an example, Montel can only dream of being in the leagues of those legends, he is not even close to Orton league and I don't even like Randy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL at you using MVP as an example when talking abut legends.
Was not referring him as a legend man i was just using hi as an example that he is a great heel, but cant play a face. Also its ignorant to say (not you) that HHH and wrestlers alike arent legendary status. He is a cer for hall of fame and will go down as one of the best OF ALL TIME.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts