Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching people from WWE,ECW, WCW join TNA, i get the feeling that working with people like MCMG,AJ,Joe,Wolfe exposes workers for what they really are.

I mean look at Christian, RVD, Hardy, Moore, and Co, they were all considered good workers but as soon as they wrestled in TNA you can tell there is the odd exiting spot but no solid ability, RVD does the same 3 moves every match and looks average at best the rest of the time hes dull in the ring! Christian for me was such a boring worker in TNA and barely had a good match! Hardy has the swanton and thats about it

I do feel that Angle,Pope have proved themselves to be good workers and Anderson has obviously improved in ring but what do you guys think, does people like Joe,Aj expose workers for who they really are?!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought that Christian started off bland, but continuously improved while his was in TNA. His title match against Joe was incredible and very underrated. I think a lot of the WWE guys are so used to toning it down and wrestling WWE style that they have to get used to not holding back. The jury is still out on RVD. I want to see more ring time from him with some different style workers before I judge.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
It even happened in the Knockout Division with Tara. Taking on people like Kong, Sarita, Hamada, and Taylor exposed her as a sub-par worker.

As for the ones listed... I disagree with only one: Christian. He had great matches against Joe, Kaz, and even Chris Harris in his TNA run. He started off kinda exposed, but he definitely got used to the TNA format.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
I think bad booking demotivates people and a lot of the reason why these guys are in TNA is because they lost their spark in WWE and WWE let them go.

I do agree that, for example, Alex Shelley is more athletic than Van Dam in 2010. Van Dam's nearly old enough to be his dad so it goes without saying. Van Dam in his prime vs. Shelley would be different.

Overall, indy guys generally do have a higher workrate than the average WWE guy. Whether they know how to 'work' better is open for debate, however.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You bring up a good point. The TNA guys are just showing that the new guys are just names.

The WWE transfer guys this year rank as follows:
Anderson (What can you say about this guy)
Kendrick (really liking his promos lately)
Hardy (really not liking his promos, wrestling is decent)
Shannon Moore (DILIGAF was cool the first time, but he is okay)
RVD (not liking his promos or wrestling)
Orlando Jordan (Hated him at first, then I was entertained, then he disappeared)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
it would be vice versa in the other company. its not so much that they're exposing ex wwe guys...its that the companies have to different styles of entertainment. in the wwe, its more entertainment based. more emphasis on creating and developing the story through mic skills, promos, acts and presentation. tna is more wrestling based. so when you go from one show to another like that you have to adapt to that type of performing. so its looks like you are being exposed. its like when a guy in the nba score 30 a game playing for a fast paced up tempo team gets traded to a slow paced team and only scores 18 in a slow paced offense.

·
Registered
843 Posts
You definately have a point there, it's either that or the ex-WWE guys feel as thought they dont need to swim as hard when they feel as though they have moved to a smaller pond to the one they were already in.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
based purely on wrestling skill to me it seems to me that people that are classed as good wrestlers in WWE generally turn out to not be as good as rated

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
WWE/WCW/ECW guys in TNA with good/great matches in TNA

1. Angle
2. Sting
3. Pope Dinero
4. Mr Anderson
5. Rhino & Raven (But now they don't get T.V.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts