Wrestling Forum banner

Triple H's promo made no sense

4K views 42 replies 39 participants last post by  sonicslash 
#1 ·
Hunter saying "I never wanted to be a corporate suit" makes no sense from the history of his character because he literally conspired with the boss's daughter (or benefited from her Stockholm Syndrome, I forget how that was explained), manipulated the owner out of power, and assembled a REGIME to run the company. I mean, his character for about 12 years was all about political machinations. And now they pretend he's been Stone Cold all these years just wanting to throw fists instead of talking. His final match should have been with Taker. That was a perfect sendoff.

#8 ·
hell , during his build up for the match against Taker for WM 28 he said that he's not "that guy" anymore , and that he deals with things from a business perspective , and that undertaker is a "brand"

lol

this is WWE's yet another example of zero continuity , the writing staff are basically a group of retards looking for a corner in a round room

#12 ·
With the possible exception of Wrestlemania 27's storylines, I think WWE typically plans their WM storylines well in advance, obviously resulting in more quality and consistency. Obviously since it's during the summer, everyone's just sitting on their hands atm. The product before WM28 was far better then ATM.

#3 ·
I think he means more in a desk job sense.

As the Cerebral Assassin, he manipulated people, formed Evolution and had absolute power on his side. His on-screen marriage to Stephanie benefitted his in-ring career because he could pull strings and get title shots etc.

As on-screen COO, though, he actually has to be involved in the day-to-day runnings of the company rather than being in the ring and fighting.

So basically, while he's always been power-hungry, he's never wanted to step back and be a spectator rather than a wrestler.

#5 ·
He wanted power and control but that doesn't mean he wanted it from a desk job. He wanted it so he could run the show and be its champion etc. Him wanting power way back when doesn't mean that he wanted to leave wrestling for a corporate job away from the ring. WWE is all about lack of logic these days but I wouldn't count this as part of that.

#6 ·
But that didn't make sense before too no ? Because they say that HHH is married with Stephanie and that they are happy together but Triple H divorce from Stephanie ... and I don't think they got married again.They should hate eachother

#11 ·
He was also a member of the rebellious, anti-authority DX, so really, it could go either way.

#15 ·
This was a thing that bugged me about the promo... granted the difference is Taker just asked HHH for a rematch. Brock broke HHH's arm. It makes sense why HHH is thinking differently as Brock gave HHH a good reason to want to fight him and not care about his responsibilities.

I just found the promo as a whole a bore, even Heyman's part didn't grab me as much as it should. Basically the promo was

"Brock will not fight you and we'll not drop the lawsuits!"
"Brock will fight me!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"Yes"
"Stephanie!"
*Heyman gets grabbed, then let go*
"I knew you wouldn't punch me..."
*Gets knocked out*

#16 ·
Triple H(ypocrite)

#18 ·
Triple H's promo made no sense? Gee according to the IWC nothing in the WWE makes sense so of course HHH's promo didn't make sense

#32 ·
Yea, cause he's on 53 Raw's a year and basically main events all the PPV's, right?

Triple H is very good for business. Fans are always excited to see him, and his match with Lesnar is going to sell big time, and it will be great as well.

The match will be accepted on the 1000th episode of RAW after Lesnar attacks Shawn Michaels. And exactly one year later when there's a new summer feud building. You will say there's no way it will be as good as HHH/Lesnar.

#21 ·
Triple H wants to fight Brock for the same reason he didn't want to fight Undertaker at WM 28. Get it?

#22 ·
It wasn't a good promo, but I didn't find any issue with continuity at all really. As mention, he craved power, not responsibility (from kayfabe/character perspective).

#29 ·
WWE is simply too inconsistent in general for any feuds to make any impact on a larger scale than "insert big name vs insert another big name", for reasons like this, where Triple Hs character is literally the opposite of what he was during his feud with The Undertaker. Tbh, I'm treating WWE like I did TNA from 2010-2011, b-level crash TV with no continuity and little shits given about actual storylines, if you try throwing logic out of the window and stop thinking about the feuds, there may be something mildly entertaining coming out of it, but otherwise, trying to think about RAW on a serious level in an enthusiastic manner is not going to be very rewarding right now. I hope they have some huge creative overhaul, their product is suffering but the ratings have been failing aswell, so I hope that in a few months time WWE will try to change their product in a major way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.