Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
FOTC
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did everyone think about Triple H's Obama comment? If you missed it, Triple H pointed at CM Punk and said, "You want change, Obama?"

For me, that comment came out of nowhere. I didn't expect WWE do go political like that, even if it was only for a quick moment. It made sense for Triple H to do that since CM Punk has been persistent about urging on change and change in the US promised by Obama hasn't delivered economic improvement. The point Triple H might have been making in terms of the storyline is that the change CM Punk wants won't be beneficial to the WWE.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Obamas gimmick was change
LOL obama's "gimmick". get his ass in the ring, maybe we can make him first black champion too. Anyway, yes he is right, it was just a joke to Punk always asking for "change".

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

In all seriousness, it was just a joke at Punk's comments of always about how he wants "change".

I lol'd at the mixed reaction he got when mentioned. That's ma boy but shit was funny.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Obama used change as a slogan. CM Punk has been using change as a slogan. There was absolutely no political opinion expressed when he called him that. As soon as he said it though, I knew people would twist it.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Not as bad as when they were shitting all over Obama how ever long ago it was when he was delivering his speech oppisite Raw.

Just some more re-assurance Jerry Lawler is a massive fuckhead who is out of touch and should leave. Obama rules.

·
FOTC
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The mix reaction could be from Obama supporters or people booing because of the change that Obama has brought.

I wouldn't be opposed to WWE using politics in the HHH-Punk storyline. Being from Chicago it might be entertaining to have Punk portray himself as a big time Obama supporter. That would easily give WWE mainstream attention.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It was gonna be said eventually.

·
FOTC
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seeing that Linda ran as a Republican it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this storyline political. Maybe they could work her into the storyline. She is planning on running again in 2012. CM Punk could make smart ass comments about that and tell everyone he's a big Richard Blumenthal supporter -- that will get under HHH's skin!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Political stories are not very good for business as it splits the crowd and the kids won't get it

If you do face/face it can make the crowd turn on a wrestler, when it is face/heel you have to demonize half your audience

Vince only brings politics in when it is safe and he can work the audience (the start of Afghanistan,JBL etc.)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bringing politics into it would be pretty dumb lol.

A promo between Triple H and Punk about their political views? Yeah, no thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It was a funny comment but I really don't want to see WWE get all political and it's generally a bad idea

some of you are saying you would like the WWE to be used as a propaganda machine to support Linda Mcmahon and the repblicans? no thank you.

not quite the same level but remember the WWF with the Iron Sheik and the Sgt. Slaguhter vs. Hulk Hogan feud with Sgt. Slaughter saying he supported Iraq (which lead to the WWF receiving bomb threats and death threats to the McMahon and Slaguhter's family... yeah politics don't mix with wrestling lol bad idea!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts