Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
If Punk comes back it could be him. If Shane wrestles this year it might be him instead. It's weird that they've never pulled the trigger on a HHH/Shane match, now could be the time to do it. They could do an angle where HHH and Shane battle to decide who is gonna take over WWE when Vince is gone, and you could even involve NXT in the angle and do some fun stuff like having Vince "fire" or demote HHH and appoint Shane in his place as NXT's new leader or something (this would probably ensure that NXT would win the ratings battle against AEW, least for a short time.) I've already predicted that Vince is unexpectingly stepping down as CEO this year, so if that happens as early as Spring time by any chance, they could incorporate that into the storyline

Punk is not coming back. Even if we’re operating in an alternate universe where there was even a slim chance of Punk coming back, it sure as hell wouldn’t be to face HHH considering being booked for a mania match against HHH is part of the reason he walked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He walked out because he wasn't getting the main event, not because he was fighting HHH. The Wrestlemania main event is what Punk has always dreamed of

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I think Triple H has earned the right to go out on a high and have a retirement at Wrestlemania. I fear that he wants to keep going and Vince won't let him stop. While Triple H's history and position in the company mean there will always be dream matches involving him, it's pretty apparent that he can't perform to that level. His match with Batista last year was just so slow.

I hope he goes out on a high, let Drew Mcintyre or King Corbin retire him this year and he gets a standing ovation at the end.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I think Triple H has earned the right to go out on a high and have a retirement at Wrestlemania. I fear that he wants to keep going and Vince won't let him stop. While Triple H's history and position in the company mean there will always be dream matches involving him, it's pretty apparent that he can't perform to that level. His match with Batista last year was just so slow.

I hope he goes out on a high, let Drew Mcintyre or King Corbin retire him this year and he gets a standing ovation at the end.
Triple H will never retire, the path of his career is not the same as HBK or even The Undertaker. He is part of the McMahon Family he will be in WWE when all the other guys leave.

When Roman, Seth, Bryan, AJ Styles, Orton, Brock leave Triple H will still be in WWE.

Corbin, McIntyre, Black, you name it...all of them will leave WWE before Triple H,

I think the only way Triple H leaves the in-ring action is when he is old enough to do it, and probably in the same way Mr McMahon character wrestled his last match (vs Bret Hart) unannounced in-ring retirement.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Triple H will never retire, the path of his career is not the same as HBK or even The Undertaker. He is part of the McMahon Family he will be in WWE when all the other guys leave.

When Roman, Seth, Bryan, AJ Styles, Orton, Brock leave Triple H will still be in WWE.

Corbin, McIntyre, Black, you name it...all of them will leave WWE before Triple H,

I think the only way Triple H leaves the in-ring action is when he is old enough to do it, and probably in the same way Mr McMahon character wrestled his last match (vs Bret Hart) unannounced in-ring retirement.
I agree and I think that's a shame. He was at one time, one of the best workers in WWE history. I also think his ego might make him want that special HBK send off.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Bring Rock back and have him put Triple H over damn it..Is there anyone else who hasnt come back to put Triple H over (Sting check, Batista check Brock Lesnar check) 😄

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

Vince's last match was actually against CM Punk in 2012.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts
hhh owens or hhh shane most likely

·
Premium Member
10,177 Posts
AJ Styles. Sure, right now there's nothing to base that on, but it's a fresh match, with time running out for both men and Triple H has the excuse for another 20 minute match.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now these are just rumors , although I have heard that Edge is coming back, I don't believe it for one second , although Edge and Lita vs HHH and Stephanie?

C'mon you can't tell me that feud and match wouldn't raise viewership.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Now these are just rumors , although I have heard that Edge is coming back, I don't believe it for one second , although Edge and Lita vs HHH and Stephanie?

C'mon you can't tell me that feud and match wouldn't raise viewership.
Nobody would care. Both Edge and Triple HGH flopped as top guys.

I dont want to see or read Triple HGH competing at WM or any other show for that matter.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I think he might genuinely sit this one out and focus on NXT for the time being, but of all the options available, I actually do think that Baron Corbin would make a lot of sense. The King vs. The King of Kings. Triple H is a babyface now. Angle & Ronda faced Triple H & Steph, then Corbin retired Angle. Corbin could very believably take shots at NXT, and Triple H's the sort of guy who would want an opponent he can make derogatory jokes about -- he can talk about how he bored up NXT and all that so the fans can get their yucks.

Corbin vs. Triple H might actually be my prediction, holy shit.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts