Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would by far be a dream match, as these two are the masters of the HIAC match, and they are two of the biggest stars in the game. I propose this question because I am wondering if you think this could ever happen, because in my mind I don't, and I'd very much like to :/

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
don't really see the point now, considering the hell in a cell match is dulled down to the highest degree, and its pretty much just a regular match with a cage around the ring. it's more of a nuisance now than a good thing.

plus The Undertaker is most likely only going to be at one more Hell in a Cell PPV, if he makes it to next year. don't really see it happening, so, no. the match won't happen.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't really see the point now, considering the hell in a cell match is dulled down to the highest degree, and its pretty much just a regular match with a cage around the ring. it's more of a nuisance now than a good thing.

plus The Undertaker is most likely only going to be at one more Hell in a Cell PPV, if he makes it to next year. don't really see it happening, so, no. the match won't happen.
I know, the E has ruined HIAC, Elimination Chamber, Fatal Four Ways, Money in the bank, and TLC matches by having them at PPV NAMES. That is the most predictable thing I have seen in my entire life. I mean honestly.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I know, the E has ruined HIAC, Elimination Chamber, Fatal Four Ways, Money in the bank, and TLC matches by having them at PPV NAMES. That is the most predictable thing I have seen in my entire life. I mean honestly.
Not so much the fact that they are gimmick PPVs, it's that the Cell isn't even really part of the match anymore, very seldom is it used as a weapon, like it used to be to great effect.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i wouldn't say they've ruined Hell in a Cell by making it a PPV name as much i'd say it's just not a match that fits in the current era. Hell in a Cell match is brutal by definition, and years ago they all used the cell a lot, and busted out weapons after weapons, and sometimes broke out of the cage, and it was madness.

if you watch this years Hell in a Cell, they used the cage....once, maybe twice. it was really just a normal match. there's just no point to the Hell in a Cell match. there's still a bit of a point to the Elimination Chamber, just because the structure looks pretty awesome, and there's some really cool spots you can do that aren't too dangerous, but overall matches like this just aren't as good these days.

if we got a HHH vs. Taker hell in a cell it'd be a watered-down version of what we once mighta had.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Would have been better about 5 years ago.
This.

In the current product, what's the point? I think the HIAC PPV proved how HIAC matches now are just glorified cage matches.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's predictable as hell though is my point.

Gee, I wonder what kind of matches we'll have at TLC this year guys...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would love it if it didn't take place at HIAC but instead at Wrestlemania with Undertaker trying to defend the streak against the other guy who is good at HIAC matches.

With regards to HIAC being watered down. Well, this is the PG Era.

And Teazy, you're from BTB, should consider doing this for your thread.

·
Premium Member
44,213 Posts
I don't think it will happen. Both guys are at the tail end of their careers and are nowhere near being able to work a full schedule anymore. Also, the Hell in a Cell has pretty much been relegated to the October PPV, so as long as that sticks, you'd only have one point in the year to do the match, and based on what I've seen from Taker & HHH lately, its a bit of a toss up whether not both of them will be since they get hurt a lot. Also, it seems like both guys are almost always on different shows, usually HHH on Raw & UT on SD, so that's another thing they'd have to get around.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I'd love to see it but I'm afraid of what this shit version of the HIAC would do the match. If there were ever any 2 guys who could pull it off though it's them. Say we got HHH vs Taker at Mania - Taker wins. They could do the rematch at HIAC and HHH wins. It's a shame they never did it before now though when HIAC truly was, hell in the cell.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
EC and MITB are still good, actually EC matches are usually great but that's just my opinion. Taker/HHH in HIAC would have been good like 5-10 years ago, not now with Undertaker being slower and less likely to take a beating and how bad HIAC are now.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
The problem with HIAC now besides the reduced brutality is it's not used as a blowoff or used well in a bookng sense anymore.

In the first HIAC Shawn had been ducking Taker and letting DX do all the fighting for him for months so the HIAC made sense becuase finally he was trapped.

In Taker v Mankind those two had already killed each other practically in their previous feud so the cell was the final step up.

In HHH vs Batista they'd already had two big PPV matches and it was HHHs last attempt to beat him in 'his' match.

To be good it would have to have good booking behind. An actual reason to resort to the cell.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Everyone else has pretty much said exactly how I feel about the whole HIAC situation. It's mystic and legend has been completely striped away. It's nothing more than a cheap gimmick now. It's a product of the Attitude Era that has no business in this current childrens era.

This match should have happened 5-10 years ago. Both men are specifically known for this match. Having them compete in it would have made for the ultimate HIAC. It's too bad it never happened, especially back when it would have been good. Now it would be nothing more than a glorified singles atch with a cage around it which serves no purpose.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It's too late for a HHH-Undertaker feud that would culminate at HIAC anyway

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe, maybe not but if it did happen that match would not even be good anyways, it would be PG-ish, the cell will just be there for show. A couple of years ago that match would have been good!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
With the whole making Hell in a Cell, less brutal and more soft, you think they'd just rename it to "In a Cell", because, theres no more "Hell" involved, even if Taker is in the match.

·
Banned
353 Posts
I agree with everyone here 5 years ago this would of been epic but now both wrestlers themselves arent really up to it let alone the changes to the match it wouldnt be as good but id still love to see it i really would

imagine if they did have this match though my god it would of been brutal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.