Votes: 63 76.8%
  • HHH

Votes: 19 23.2%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now, no special ref or Streak vs. Career stipulation added, but it's official:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/17056556/preview/

The time has arrived. After weeks of high anticipation comes an epic battle years in the making. A resurrected Triple H will face off against The Undertaker in a clash of WWE titans at WrestleMania XXVII.

Weeks of a campaign filled with ominous “2.21.11” imagery finally culminated on February 21st when the two Superstars met in the ring on Raw after each had spent months recuperating from injury. Although no words were spoken, the men reached a tacit agreement to compete against one another at The Show of Shows. (WATCH | PHOTOS)

Precisely 10 years ago, the two respected and feared Superstars squared off on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania X-Seven. During that contest, the action spilled outside the ring in a memorable display of power and determination. In the end, The Demon of Death Valley prevailed by pinfall.

Despite their legendary status, each man goes into the match with something to prove, having suffered major setbacks in 2010. The Game had been sidelined for 10 months after King Sheamus ambushed him at Extreme Rules while The Demon of Death Valley was waylaid by his brother Kane during a Buried Alive Match at WWE Bragging Rights.

In order for The Cerebral Assassin to overcome The Deadman, he’ll first need to negate the psychological advantage of his opponent. After all, The Undertaker’s famous win streak at WrestleMania hit 18-0 last year, and the list of his fallen foes remains littered with renowned Superstars, including Randy Orton, Edge and more recently, Shawn Michaels.

Not only did The Phenom defeat HBK two WrestleMania’s in a row, he ended the man’s career. A fact certainly not lost on Michaels’ close friend, Triple H, who may well use the misfortune as a motivator.

For his part, The Game also possesses a list of enviable accomplishments. Not only is he a former King of the Ring, Triple H has also reigned an incredible five times as World Heavyweight Champion and eight times as WWE Champion. Despite all the accolades, though, he has never beaten The Undertaker at WrestleMania, a feat only a Superstar of Triple H’s caliber could achieve.

With both powerhouses eager to prove to the world that they are now running on all cylinders, the match will prove to be both a test of wills as well as strength. Can The Undertaker possibly continue his extraordinary record of victory at WrestleMania? Or will his formidable foe finally put an end to “The Streak?”​

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Re: HHH/Taker is official

they will announce streak v career later

this is part of the build. They haven't spoken yet, expect stipulation to be added maybe next week

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

Just like that? Lol. I don't care, we all knew it was coming. Game on.

EDIT - That promo video is awesome. The voiceover guy made me chuckle lol. But the end got me hyped. I can't wait for Raw to see what goes down.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts

Yeah, The Undertaker is going to start carrying around a baseball bat too. :rolleyes:

Good video from this weeks SmackDown to hype up the match. Despite that all they have right now is the staredown.
It was pretty cool to hear a narrator for the buildup. I think that's a first since they usually just re-play lines from said wrestlers (not yet in this case) and as well as the announcers. At least they used a different angle to show the throat slit gesture.

- Vic

·
Registered
49 Posts

This match is a bad idea. Not because I don't think they are capable of putting on a good match, but for the fact that the result of the match is pretty obvious.
There are only 2 possible outcomes of the match. One alot more likely then the other.
Outcome #1: Undertaker wins, streak continues and Triple Hs career is over.
Outcome #2: The match ends in no contest for some reason, the streak continues since Undertaker is still undefeated and Triple H still has a career.

If Triple H for some screwed up reason wins, then I would claim we will have one of the worst botches in WWE history.

I think Undertaker allready have signaled that he prefers the streak to be broken in a way that would put someone over. Which leaves us most likely with Wade Barrett or some suprising up and coming star brought to us from this years Tough Enough.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts

Undertaker (The Last Outlaw) will come out on a black horse at WrestleMania. It's going to own!!!

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts

All that they'll do is try and better the Taker/HBK match of last year, Undertaker will kick out of about 3 pedigrees, HHH will kick out of 2 tombstones. It'd be really, REALLY pointless putting HHH over taker though.

·
Registered
130 Posts

This match is a bad idea. Not because I don't think they are capable of putting on a good match, but for the fact that the result of the match is pretty obvious.
There are only 2 possible outcomes of the match. One alot more likely then the other.
Outcome #1: Undertaker wins, streak continues and Triple Hs career is over.
Outcome #2: The match ends in no contest for some reason, the streak continues since Undertaker is still undefeated and Triple H still has a career.

If Triple H for some screwed up reason wins, then I would claim we will have one of the worst botches in WWE history.

I think Undertaker allready have signaled that he prefers the streak to be broken in a way that would put someone over. Which leaves us most likely with Wade Barrett or some suprising up and coming star brought to us from this years Tough Enough.

Could'nt have said it better!!
Because Triple H has such A huge ego I just hope that the match won't end in some kind of draw or they will let The Undertaker win by DQ, that would suck big time!!

·
WindUp
163 Posts

umm...WrestleMania_X-Seven.................

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.