Wrestling Forum banner

Triple H to push more Tag Team wrestling and less Divas wrestling?

6958 Views 74 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  SharpshooterSmith
"The Wrestling Observer Reporter is reporting those close to Triple H feel as he gains more power in the company—expect more tag team wrestling and less female wrestling.

Reportedly, Triple H has never been high on women's wrestling. He feels a solid tag team division is very valuable.

While there have been females added to WWE's developmental as of late, many are expecting Triple H to focus on having a few solid workers in the Divas division and keeping the attention on them.

The days of signing female talents from modeling agenicies and magazines are said to be gone. This is something that took place under the reign of John Laurinaitis in charge of the talent and Triple H is determined to move as far away from that as possible."

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/25966...-to-push-more-tag-team-a-less-divas-wrestling

Thoughts on this?
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
15,398 Posts
Triple H is doing great things lately. Hopefully, he takes WWE over from Vince soon.

And he is said to be high on Michael Mcgillicutty and Drew Mcintyre!

· #WoodwardOut #LUHG
16,262 Posts
Did the observer even report this ?

Hunter isn't head booker he can't just start booking tag teams on TV.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Mere speculation.

I wouldnt trust this report.
Gotta admit, the results aren't lying so far. The Divas hadn't been on Raw in 3 or 4 weeks until Monday. Also, the tag division, while not hugely impactful, has had more focus in the last few months than in the last 8 or 9 years put together. The tag division is actually noticeable for once.

IF this is true, then I fully support it. Women's wrestling is terrible and a piss break, and we have plenty of other piss breaks available with the commercials, the amount of recaps they have, the pointless filler matches, etc.

If they're willing to do a tag division properly, also, then yeah, there's definately value in that. WWE's late 90's/early 2000's tag division broke some stars through like Edge, Christian and Jeff Hardy (UGHH, but...still), no reason it can't happen again, they just have to let it.

Did the observer even report this ?

Hunter isn't head booker he can't just start booking tag teams on TV.
He's not the head booker but he has TONS of input. He can even get people fired.

Do you REALLY think it was Vince who orchesrated putting the title on Triple H's workout buddy, Sheamus, faster than anyone in history (bar Lesnar by only one week)?

· Buried SCOTT STEINER
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if the report is false, I would support this. Why should we give the divas more TV time if they are going to put out more horrible matches like the one on this past Monday's Raw. The Tag Team Division should be focused on more, while the Divas Division should be centered around 4-6 divas.

· Registered
3,549 Posts
Wouldn't be too much stock into a report like this. Seems like a report made to simple attract readers.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
Women's wrestling WOULD be worth being on TV if the ones that could wrestle were the girls who actually showed up on TV (not your Laylas, Kelly Kellys, etc). Although I see the visual appeal there, at least watching a Natty / Beth match won't make you cringe when the moves are being performed.

· A stanning today 💋
12,407 Posts
Not sure what else you could do to cut the divas. There are already roughly seven to eight divas on the roster, and they rarity get any screen time to begin with.

I'll take this report with a grain of salt.

· Registered
7,933 Posts
I'm not surprised at all. There's hardly a divas division now so it won't make an impact at all if there was less divas wrestling. Layla has the divas belt for absolutely no reason and has done nothing with it. I'd rather see tag team wrestling because at least there seems to be some momentum there.

· Registered
7,857 Posts
Code:
HHH is pushing to get McGillicutty repackaged. He’s still high on both he and McIntyre as far as long-term potential
Code:
Also, it should be noted that HHH has never been that high on women wrestling.When it comes to the recent camps and 
recruits of top athletes, they are men and not women being recruited although they are still adding women to the developmental 
roster but since Laurinaitis has been out of power the days of looking at bikini catalogues and signing the models, or recruiting 
from modeling agencies, seem to be over. Some who have worked with him and talked the subject with him believe when he 
gets more power you’ll see more of an emphasis on tag teams and women will be even more on the back burner.
This is from this weeks Observer

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,761 Posts
I support this decision as well if true. The WWE has made it clear for many years that they don't really care about women's wrestling. It would probably be better to retire the division than embarrass the Divas with their usual 0-5 minutes they get per week to wrestle. Also sure they might get bad heat due it being sexist, but if you think about it the way they handle their divas as "sex" objects could be considered sexist as well, and not to mention the limited time they get every week compared to the male superstars. The Tag Team division is in long need of an overhaul. Plus it seems like they would put more effort to try to fix the tag team division, which would automatically make it the better option due the circumstances.

They got a few talented divas on the roster and on NXT, but the way they have handled the divas now should be a warning about to the state of the divas and perhaps their future. Also they have started releasing Divas on NXT. They can retire the divas division for now and keep them as valets and when they are serious about the division then they can re-introduce the belt and womens' wrestling again.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
In the division's heyday it only focused on six or so women and the rest were eye candy and air-time fillers when necessary. Going back to that formula (and cutting down the number of women period to allow for more developed characters) wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing. The question with Divas will always be, "are they going to put QUALITY time into the division?" They could have had a nice Divas division even during Johnny Ace's catalog recruiting heyday. Maryse, the Bellas, Layla, Alicia, and Eve all had something useful to give and the division had Melina, Beth, Nattie, Gail, Mickie, Michelle, Jillian, Victoria,and Katie at various times. They opted not to put in quality time.

Tag teams are always a good investment. They allow performers (wrestlers and managers) to hone their craft and get over while still having the support of someone else. They also can clear up the brush from the undercard a bit.

· Butter My Arse
16,410 Posts
Good to see they're going to focus more on the tag team division, but damn, they need more actual teams.

Prime Time Players
The Usos
Primo & Epico
The Ascension

That's four teams, one of which will make their debut pretty soon. I didn't count Kofi and Truth because they're really two singles wrestlers. They still need two or three regular tag teams.

· Banned
163 Posts
"The Wrestling Observer Reporter is reporting those close to Triple H feel as he gains more power in the company—expect more tag team wrestling and less female wrestling.

Reportedly, Triple H has never been high on women's wrestling. He feels a solid tag team division is very valuable.

While there have been females added to WWE's developmental as of late, many are expecting Triple H to focus on having a few solid workers in the Divas division and keeping the attention on them.

The days of signing female talents from modeling agenicies and magazines are said to be gone. This is something that took place under the reign of John Laurinaitis in charge of the talent and Triple H is determined to move as far away from that as possible."

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/25966...-to-push-more-tag-team-a-less-divas-wrestling

Thoughts on this?

This is good if true. I hate having 12 different Divas when only 2 of them can work. Have 4 or 5 Divas, and give them 8-10 minutes per match, instead of 2 minutes.

And have more tag teams. I mean legit tag teams. There should be 5-6 actual tag teams at a time. And they shouldn't have fired AW.

· Registered
7,857 Posts
My take on this

Divas: Fuck em they are useless and add nothing at all to the overall grand scheme of things. Back in the mid 00s it served a purpose but then they decided to hire a bunch of swimsuit models to take up space who had no wrestling ability and no damn charisma.

Tag Teams: Im all for them putting interest in to the tag division again. It seems like the last year they have picked up steam with it with Airboom and Kofi and Truth. Im not saying this is a big turnaround but its something they have done.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.