Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
So you're saying he's not wrong because a WWE star would have nothing to gain in a NWA tournament but in a other thread you said that AEW should send Cargill do the NWA women tournament....
Cargill would also have nothing to gain in a NWA tournament that nobody will watch, once you appear on AEW the only thing higher is RAW or Smackdown.

And like you said It would suck to see Cargill get injured in a useless NWA tournament.
Jade could use the reps is all

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
I like Mickie but I have to agree with HHH on this one, unless there's a working agreement between companies I don't see why any company would offer their contracted talent to a show for another company.

Now I could understand AEW since they already have a working agreement, Impact also seems like they might be inclined to play nice based on having other working agreements already, but WWE would have nothing to gain from this, and a worst case scenario someone gets hurt working on another show. NWA doesn't really have much leverage in this situation since they don't have much to give and it'd be so one-sided in their favor if WWE were to want to do that.

Side note... if HHH wanted to be petty, this seems like the kind of time to set up a Mae Young Classic 3.

Matters what type of contract it is. For WWE, it makes complete sense. WWE typically have minimum downside guarantees. So, even for their lowest level talent, they don't want them to go to another company, get injured, and then stick WWE with the bill of paying them while they recuperate. Even if they release them, they will typically have the 90 days clause in which they pay them.

If another company has a pay-per-appearance and they don't see them as a necessity to the company in the near future, they may not have as much concern about sending them to take part in this tournament. I'm not familiar with how AEW structures the contracts of their main talent.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,406 Posts
Of course Aldis was gonna let his wife run wild.

Reactions: Lurker V2.0

·
rasslin
7,182 Posts
So you're saying he's not wrong because a WWE star would have nothing to gain in a NWA tournament but in a other thread you said that AEW should send Cargill do the NWA women tournament....
Cargill would also have nothing to gain in a NWA tournament that nobody will watch, once you appear on AEW the only thing higher is RAW or Smackdown.

And like you said It would suck to see Cargill get injured in a useless NWA tournament.
Theres a big difference between Charlotte Flair competing on a youtube show and Jade Cargill.

1. AEW is not so far off from NWA that being on their show would hurt them.

2. AEW has consistently cross promoted with NWA and it would do some good to have Jade go undefeated and win a tournment.

AEW risks its talents getting inured all the time in much less known companies than the NWA.

• Brian cage competed in "NWV Cashed Out"
  • Penta and Fenix have been regularly working in Mexico.
  • Omega works on TNA all the time, which is basically right where NWA is in terms of relevancy.

·
Super Moderator
25,977 Posts
Theres a big difference between Charlotte Flair competing on a youtube show and Jade Cargill.

1. AEW is not so far off from NWA that being on their show would hurt them.

2. AEW has consistently cross promoted with NWA and it would do some good to have Jade go undefeated and win a tournment.

AEW risks its talents getting inured all the time in much less known companies than the NWA.

• Brian cage competed in "NWV Cashed Out"
  • Penta and Fenix have been regularly working in Mexico.
  • Omega works on TNA all the time, which is basically right where NWA is in terms of relevancy.
Typing all this shit just to white knight WWE lol. Dude, find something more productive to do with your life.

·
rasslin
7,182 Posts
Typing all this shit just to white knight WWE lol. Dude, find something more productive to do with your life.
Yes because stating the fact that WWE is in a much better position than AEW, is white knighting.

I guess if I wanted to do something productive with my life, I could always moderate a dead wrestling forum and ban anyone who hates my shitty taste in wrestling.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
Right. Triple H with more Triple H bullshit. I bet even he doesn't believe half the shit he says on media calls.

If you want to compete against best women in the world, go compete against Lilly the doll on Raw.

Or in a tag team action against Nia and Gerald or whatever the guys name is.

·
Registered
710 Posts
HHH is right about contracts being a thing and Rosa is right about the best women in the world compete in various organizations. WWE may have the largest collection of women which mean statistically they have the highest ceiling, but it doesn't mean that the best need to go there. In fact, WWE has had many top tier women not compete for them. Rosa, Tessa, Britt (one off appearance aside), Mayu Iwatani, Serena Deeb and Jordynne Grace just to name a few. WWE does have women like Rhea Ripley, who is young and chose to rise through WWE. However, personally I think Kris Statlander is the same level of talent but Ripley has had better presentation.

Deeb never competed under the current women's revolution model, she was a trainer though

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh for sure NWA need the help. But their low status would be irrelevant as they'd have WWE and AEW women as a part of their event.
So what if Triple H says f*** this, I'm hosting an all women's tournament at NXT and inviting Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa, Serena Deeb, Hikaru Shida, Maki Itoh, and Guilia? If contractual status doesn't matter to you guys, come on over here.

He doesn't have to go through NWA to generate buzz. Him announcing a tournament would instantly end their buzz because it's more visible in the mainstream, easily accessible, and cheaper for the consumer, especially if he gives it away for free on NXT instead of putting it on the network. Ratings would go up significantly, the women participating would get more exposure, and there would be way more marquee matches. Insinuating that he has to do things on their terms to raise the stock of WWE's women's divisions is a joke.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts