Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple H is a great great heel wrestler, and i have no doubt about that. And he was doing well as a corporate heel...for about a few weeks. Then he got repetitive. Its almost like he is too cocky, like there is no emotion other than "yea, youre fucked and im happy about it". Vince had that smile too, but he also had lots of moments where he was just pissed the fuck off, or just insanely crazy, or just funny. He had multiple personalities, and triple h just seems to have almost too much of an ego to be willing to show weakness in his character. And its not just personality, he takes 0 hits as well. Maybe this can change but right now triple H is kinda boring me

some vince moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBtR_NCdZU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBGevbuQYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFg-qCSeLXE

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
HHH was actually a wrestler.

Greatest heel "wrestler" of all time.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Re: Triple H isn't event close to being as good as Vince Mcmahon used to be

I think HHH does great in this role on the offensive to have to work within PG parameters. He has done an excellent job of creating sympathy for Bryan. He play the role better than I ever expected, but the problem lies in the fact that he is always on the offensive and is unwilling to put himself out there to look bad. Until he is willing to endure some humiliation like Vince used to he will never have a chance of being on Vince's level.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Re: Triple H isn't even close to being as good as Vince Mcmahon used to be

Well of course he's not better then Vince was ...

But he's still a lot better then Johnny Ace, Vickie & AJ combined as far as being the "Authority Figure".

No offense to AJ fanboys, I love the chick but the GM shit was brutally bad & the forced Yes chants didn't help.

·
Registered
709 Posts

They're establishing HHH as the authority figure. He is going to be unstoppable until he's like vince in that when he comes out to the ring, everyone just knows that he's the boss. Then they can start doing the fun stuff like having him take bumps and having things go wrong for him. It is really, really early yet. He'll be on screen as the boss for years and years so be patient

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

I think the differences are there between the to though. Vince was the evil boss that everyone wanted to knock out and did so on a regular basis. HHH does evil things but nobody dare attempt to knock him out because they know he could still kick their ass (Kayfabe) as he is still an (albeit part time) active wrestler. Vince done evil shit to wrestlers just because he could and showed no remorse for it. HHH does it but he tries to make reason for it being "best for business" and has even done bad stuff to the heel for their actions. The Shield handicap match, his tension with Heyman. These haven't resulted in a heel turn just a neutral stance being the boss that goes by the book that everyone hates. If anything the role HHH is playing is far more realistic to what you would find in the work place than someone like the Mr McMahon character who would befriend the heels and turn a blind eye and just have a vendetta against the top star.
Thats my view on them anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts

It's hard to compare the two as Vince was a great and unique character, HHH is doing a good job atm.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts

Someone posted in another thread (and he has a very valid point that explains why Triple H is not well received by fans like Vince and other heel authorities)
that he has such an ego he would never humiliate himself like Vince.
McMahon, Bischoff in WCW and on Raw, Heyman as SmackDown GM, Russo in WCW, Vickie Guerrero, William Regal as WWF comissioner, hell even Stephanie herself was a different Stephanie with Shane during the Alliance storyline, they all were somehow silly, clumsy and were humiliated very often.

All heel authority figures are supposed to be some kind of comedy act. Having a strong cocky heel authority figure hurts the 2 guys who are feuding in this storyline (in this case Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton)
The face looks weak and the heel is overshadowed by a much stronger heel. Triple H and is supposed to hide behind the Shield all the time and should run away everytime when it comes to a 1 on 1 confrontation

Before somebody posts "Hell, it's Triple H. It would look awkward if he plays a coward considering his past as an active wrestler"
Who cares? Bradshaw was a tough guy his whole career and when he was JBL he played a scared coward in his feuds with Eddie, Booker and Undertaker.
Triple H needs to change and to adapt or his ego would destroy every solid storyline in the future

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts

:banderas

Edit: @ Dualshock, i posted something similar a few months back and got chewed out by Hunter marks by saying Shane would be a better owner than Hunter.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts

It's like I see this and every time I tell myself to let it go and not to reply, but it's like there is some gravitational pull that forces me to do it. lol

IMO, that would be Ric Flair, not HHH

·
Banned
1,618 Posts

Vince was working with a foul mouthed, beer drinking hell raiser.

HHH is working with a troll whose entire act is saying yes.
He's got a point.

And personally I'm looking forward to Big Show knocking out Triple H more than any Bryan HHH match.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Rumors has it that Vince will return around Summer Slam

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

It's like I see this and every time I tell myself to let it go and not to reply, but it's like there is some gravitational pull that forces me to do it. lol

IMO, that would be Ric Flair, not HHH
WWE propaganda at it's finest. Now, the kiddies say he's the best heel of all time.. In ten years they'll be saying he's the greatest wrestler of all time.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts

Triple H isn't even close to being as good as Vince McMahon used to be
Vince is in a league of his own when it comes to on screen authority figures.

But I do think Triple H is doing a great job.

·
Registered
944 Posts

He's an awful heel in general. He's only interested in the being an asshole and looking cool part of being a heel. He never shows ass and gives the babyface his shine back. Which is why I laugh every I see fanboys gushing over how great a heel he is, it's so laughable. Brock lesnar shows more Vulnerability than hhh. For example of a great heels watch videos of Ric Flair kids.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
:lmao at the flair marks...You mad bros?

HHH at SS 02 > anything flair has done to get hear in his career. And last time I checked, 24 isn't a "kiddy"

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

He has to ease into being that kind of heel, and even then he's trying to make his way into it by not being a carbon copy of Vince. So far it's working...imo

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts

:lmao at the flair marks...You mad bros?

HHH at SS 02 > anything flair has done to get hear in his career. And last time I checked, 24 isn't a "kiddy"
Are you trying to imply that Triple H vs Shawn Michaels from Summerslam 2002 is better than the Flair vs Steamboat trilogy? :drake1

1 - 20 of 118 Posts