Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a new interview with Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, Triple H responds to his wrestling critics who believe he has received preferential treatment and greater opportunities on WWE TV, because he is married to Vince McMahon’s daughter, Stephanie. Now working in creative and behind the scenes, he responds to the question if believes working in talent development is his chance to show he wants to see other guys get over.

“I know what I accomplished in this business. I know why I accomplished it.Critics and what people say about this or that or my marriage [to Stephanie McMahon] or any of that stuff is crap. It’s mostly started by people that are either jealous or angry that they failed where other people succeeded. I mean, that’s a common, I was told it when I started in the business.

It’s a common saying in this business, you can make friends or you can make money. You can have buddies or you can get over. Which one do you want? You know, and they don’t come together. And I think, I don’t, I never look at it that way. I don’t have anything to prove to anybody. I’ll put my body of work up against anybody in the business. I’ll put my drawing power up against anybody in the business. That’s irrelevant. It’s people’s opinions”

Triple H follows up by stating what he believes the WWE Product lacks today with the newer wrestlers in the company. He explains what these guys need to be successful.

“We’re a victim of our own success. There’s no place for guys to go and figure out how to do this. We have to teach them kind of and get them up to speed to speak. Even when you get guys off the independent scene, they are very much independent wrestlers and then the independent scene will, so these guys are the greatest guys in the world and you bring them up and they flounder on the big stage. They can’t. They can’t. It’s a completely different animal and a completely different world and you have to, it’s relearning and re-teaching. That’s the biggest, I think, struggle we have is getting these guys there.

But listen, at the end of the day, you just have to find guys with the right charisma and they have to be the ones to put that charisma out there. Nobody told The Rock how to be The Rock…Work rate is important, guy’s skill in the ring is important, but at the end of the day it’s about charisma. It’s the ability to draw fans to arenas and the guy that draws the most fans to the arena for whatever reason, positive or negative, he’s the top guy.”

He does believe the WWE product could be bigger than the 7.0 ratings that were put up during the WWE Attitude Era:

Do I think it can ever get that big again? History can repeat. I say without a doubt. I think it can be even bigger…What tomorrow brings, no one knows.

Finally, Hunter talks about winning the majority of vintage wrestling auctions from his mentor “Killer” Kowalski. He says they are working on a real WWE Hall of Fame for people to see all the historic wrestling items.

“I think I was gone on the road for SummerSlam, but I had somebody at the office bid online and I got I think like 99 percent of everything wrestling-wise, which I’m glad I did. I just didn’t want that to go to somebody that just hid it away somewhere. I wanted the world to be able to see how great he really was. And do I think they’ll ever be a hall of fame? Yes. I think they’ll be a physical hall of fame. That’s something we’re working on. It’s definitely in the works. It’s just a matter of when, where. Is it a traveling hall of fame? Is it a permanent place? There’s a lot of questions and thoughts on it and we’re in the process of collecting things to put in there. But the Kowalski stuff for me was as much a legend in this business was also a very personal thing for me.”

He shares with us his hopes for the future and what he wants people to take away from his wrestling career:

“I hope to be able to make this business, you know, you talked earlier about can it ever be that big? I hope I help to make it bigger than it’s ever been before. I hope they enjoyed it. I hope they were entertained. As far as my in ring career, I hope they were entertained. As far as what I do in the future, I hope the product that we put out entertains them. “

I am a big fan of Triple h.

People who understand WWE as a business will never say Triple h buried crappy fucks like RVD.

People who dont , will always complain.

Saying "HHH buries superstars" is like complaining "Cena cant wrestle."

If john cena cant wrestle how is that he never injured anyone in his 10 year career??

Blind Hatred is Blind.

Cue HHH hate ..... :rolleyes:

Full interview -
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-d5684c74.html

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
People who understand ? You mean people who agree and that's not the same thing. But i do agree on a few things he said there in that interview. And it's not because someone is jealous he isn't right.

Yeah charisma is pretty much the most important. But if he ain't fucked his way up he wouldn't been nowhere these day , cause WWE made HHH not otherwise.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
nice interview but this part

Do I think it can ever get that big again? History can repeat. I say without a doubt. I think it can be even bigger…What tomorrow brings, no one knows.

:lmao hahahahaha the current guys will never be like the guys of the attitude era

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Say what you want about Triple H, he's old school and he gets this business.

Agreed with Steph part. Has Triple H been on top for a while? Yes he has. But he was a main eventer before he met steph. And if any other attitude era star like Rock or Austin, they wouldve recieved similar pushes to Triple h during 2003.

also agreed on the victims of own success part

A genuine hall of fame would be great, teach the younger fans about the history of this business. Also admire the way he scooped up the Killer Kowalski gear. Real legend. not enough people know about his legacy. hopefully it goes on display soon in the new Hall of fame

·
Banned
161 Posts
as long as cena is in the wwe, it wont reach a 7.0

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Say what you want about Triple H, he's old school and he gets this business.

Agreed with Steph part. Has Triple H been on top for a while? Yes he has. But he was a main eventer before he met steph. And if any other attitude era star like Rock or Austin, they wouldve recieved similar pushes to Triple h during 2003.

also agreed on the victims of own success part

A genuine hall of fame would be great, teach the younger fans about the history of this business. Also admire the way he scooped up the Killer Kowalski gear. Real legend. not enough people know about his legacy. hopefully it goes on display soon in the new Hall of fame
Repped :)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
interesting, seems pretty unlikely talent will ever rise as high as it did in the past tho, just cud of the nature of things now.

·
Harley's Circus
2,546 Posts
LOL at HHH knowing good business which is why he buried someone like RVD. I swear the things people post on this forum

·
Registered
796 Posts
“Do I think it can ever get that big again? History can repeat. I say without a doubt. I think it can be even bigger…What tomorrow brings, no one knows.”
I would like to know how he thinks that can happen.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
HHH was put in the position he was because he was just brilliant at what he did. I honestly think people forget just how good he was around '00-01, just look at anything he did from around that period and it was utter golden, his promoing was pretty much an example of exactly what should be expected from any heel, his collection of ****+ matches from around that time was huge, and he ws thus the most over heel basically in the history of the company. He was without a doubt the best all-round talent in the business at the time. When he came back he added probably a bit too much muscle-mass and he was never quite the same after it, though still one of the best around. As well as that if you look at the guys he was working with from around '02-'05, nearly all of them were just thrusted in there due to a lack of star-power at the time. When they found people that were ready (Cena & Batista), HHH helped make them

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Anyone who thinks HHH would be a 13x world champ without Steph is completely stupid. So what if he was already champ before he met Steph? He was champ 3 times.Being married to her obviously helped him big time and anyone who thinks thats BS is completely full of HHH's shit not to see it

·
Registered
796 Posts
triple H is younger and actually a wrestler

If anyone can get this working, its him
to much of honour for him.
he needs the right people around him to do great stuff, as every leader needs it.
saying that he is the only one who can do that is blind.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Anyone who thinks HHH would be a 13x world champ without Steph is completely stupid. So what if he was already champ before he met Steph? He was champ 3 times.Being married to her obviously helped him big time and anyone who thinks thats BS is completely full of HHH's shit not to see it
Austin became 6 time World champion in 3 years
The Rock became 9 time World Champion in 5 years
Edge became 11 time world champion in 5 years
John Cena 12 time world champion in 7 years.
Randy Orton 9 time champion in 7 years.

Triple h 13 time world champion in 9 years.

So i guess all of them Married Stephanie Mcmahon huh?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
your momma is completely stupid.

The three major stars of the attitude era are The Rock, Austin, and Triple H. Logistically speaking, if two of those guys left, wouldnt that put the burden on the final guy to carry the burden?

triple H married stephanie on october 2003. before that, he had already racked up almost half his world title reigns. Before he even met steph, he already won the world title several times and was on his way to main event wrestlemania.

The Rock has 9 world titles. all in between 1997 and 2002. Is he already married to steph?

John Cena has 12 world title reigns, is he married to steph too?

Fact is, triple H racked up world titles in the attitude era where the title flew around like a hot potato. And when the other two major stars left, he filled the void and held onto the title, later putting over the stars of the future.

Whats so complicated about that?

to much of honour for him.
he needs the right people around him to do great stuff, as every leader needs it.
saying that he is the only one who can do that is blind.
Ofcourse he cant do it alone, who the hell said that? Lets take the WWE as a ship. Vince was the captain. Except in this universe the captain went senile and his crew are retarded and only say yes.

Now the WWE is a ship where the captian is younger, and his crew is being replaced by a younger fresher young crew

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
eh,

he was already there in that spot before he met steph.

him being pals with nash and trips helped alot more than his relationship with steph.

and he lucked out with a good gimmick.

And he SHOULD have put RVD over, no question.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts