Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone agrees with me but triple H's reigns throughout the decade have made him the best heel from this decade. Honestly 2002/2003 Triple H I can imagine most kayfabe fans would want to knock him out.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
His heel runs were epic. I would agree with you.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Yeah, but this is a new decade

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Last time I tried to explain that to someone on here (a noob, iirc) I was told off.

·
Ho!
19,156 Posts
The only run of his I thought was epic was his 2000-2001 run. That was insane just how great he was at that time. Watching him now you'd never think he was that good. That being said, I found his heel run from 2002-2005 (up to HIAC w/ Batista) to be very boring and nothing special. Truth be told, I've enjoyed his most recent face run much more so than his Evolution days. 2003 especially was just bad for Triple H and Raw as a whole after Austin and Rock left.

As for heel of the decade, I won't argue against the people that say he is (too many to argue against and it doesn't mean enough to argue anyway), but to me personally, he's third. Edge in 2006 I have in second (and I enjoyed his 2008 3-week psycho run more than the 2006 run and anything Triple H has done, but it just wasn't long enough to warrant as Edge's best ever heel run since it wasn't long enough to see how it would turn out), and Eddie Guerrero was Heel of the Decade for his 2005 run. He was also great in Los Guerreros, though I don't remember if he was heel or face during that, nor do I remember that much about them, but regardless, his 2005 run is leaps and bounds better than anything else I saw in the last decade. I can't say this enough, but it still amazes me how well the turn was booked and how he went from being the beloved babyface he was to the dastardly heel everyone hated. Then to add more into it, he turned face again by the end of his life and got everyone back on his side even before he died.

He truly was a gifted, and a unique performer.

Triple H was more hated than the two of them, but really, if we were going by that solely, we may as well say Vickie Guerrero is the greatest heel of the last decade. Now you can say "Oh, but she's the kind of hated where we are just annoyed at her and want her off her tv". Well people probably thought the same thing about Triple H. Now Triple H has much more talent in his pinkie toe than Vickie Guerrero has period, but when does talent become a factor when you hate someone? It doesn't. It's the reason why so many people underrate Triple H as a performer.

Reactions: LBGetBack

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Nothing last decade after 2001 compared to his early heel run in 2000/01. His ring work, his promos and his mic work. It was gold.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
His heel run in 2000-2001 was fucking amazing...one of the best heel runs in the history of the company. He picked it up again with Evolution and did an incredible job of making people hate his guts for being THE top guy on Raw from 2003-2005.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Triple H=Tweener of the Decade.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
lets be honest the guy was awsome in his prime his in ring work was superb and he was a heat magnet.His feuds with the rock made him what he, Trips gets alot of Unnecessary grief he had some of the best matches during the attitude era he really knew how to make a match feel like a brawl.Of course his needles burying of certain wrestlers such as Booker T during his evolution run was awful but I feel he has more than made up for it since he turned randy orton and batista into main eventers (putting the latter over at Mania)also he put over Cena at Mania and he has put Sheamus over to.He is most deffinately the heel of the decade by a long shot no one else comes close

·
1,101 Posts
I love Jericho but when people look back on the past decade Trips will be considered the best heel and no matter how much alot of people may hate it he workd hard for it and did a hell of a job aswell

·
EIRE
15,861 Posts
I find it hard to argue that he isn't. I love his 00/01 heel run as well as his Evolution one.

I remember after he won his 10th (I think) world title and the next night on Raw he did this:

I remember him getting massive amounts of heat for it and everyone hated him. I believe that was early 05.

·
1,101 Posts
The thing about his evolutotion reign is that it created two of the biggest superstars of the last 5 years, when you look at evolotion as a whole it was the perfectly booked faction

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I disagree.

Edge brought himself out of the midcard with his Rated R superstar gimmick and thru fueds with Matt Hardy, Cena, and so many others has been the ultimate heel for this decade. He dominated Smackdown for years as the ultimate oppurtunist. On top of that he was the man who turned Cena face again. HHH tried and failed at Wrestlemania to get Cena the proper crowd reactions. Only Edge was able to turn crowds back to Cena's side.

Trips was actually much better as a face. Now if you had asked who was the face of the decade Trips would get up pretty high on that list. His DX run was huge. Him and HBK carried Raw for a long time with it. Fans paid f'ktons of money for those damn glow sticks and WWE profited big time.

His heel run actually lowered overrall viewership. How many fans got bored of his domination of Raw all those years? How many of them changed the channel? Quite a few gave up on WWE for a while until the status changed. Thats not being a good heel.

I will give him credit for his heel work during the Batista push though. He worked brillantly during that fued.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
a year late but yeah he was the heel of the 2000s for sure though he was face from 2006 onwards he was better during his heel run from 2000-2005 for sure

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Edge is better than him
Nothing he has done this decade compares to Edge's time as a heel
I disagree, 2000/2001 and his Evolution run where far better than Edge has ever done, I enjoy Edge but his heel character is so incredibly repetitive, especially when he was with Vickie.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts