Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Missy
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Vince McMahon not present for the recent television tapings in Europe, WWE veteran Triple H had his first real management opportunity in his new role as one of McMahon’s top advisers. According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter sources, “Hunter” made a positive first impression.

The internal reaction to the atmosphere, which effectively saw Triple H in charge, was that things were reportedly “very different” in a positive way.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2010/11/18/wwe-lockerroom-praises-triple-h-superstar-not-returning/and Wrestling Observer Newsletter
I don't know if this is true considering the source, someone may be able to confirm if this was actually in the Observer Newsletter....but I hope it's true.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
That's great news for him, but I'd still like to see him return to the ring soon.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah , Triple H is the right guy for this kinda job.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
O rly? Wrestlers running things killed not only WCW, but has pretty much destroyed TNA as well.
Yeah but Triple H has a pretty big vested intrest into WWE since he and his wife will own it one day. Whereas those wrestler's you mentioned were only looking out for themsleves.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
O rly? Wrestlers running things killed not only WCW, but has pretty much destroyed TNA as well.
I'm pretty sure he meant wrestlers should run anything on the wrestling side of things, when it comes it the business decisions (which is what killed off WCW, big contracts etc.) then obviously that should still be ran by a business man/promoter. In other words let Trips run the actual shows and then let Vince concentrate on the marketing, finance etc.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ohhhhhh, now I know who the mysterious "Paul" feeding Cole and Matthews lines on NXT last week was. I don't think it's a coincidence that a certain Triple H has the same first name.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
That was the inmates running the asylum. Not a part time wrestler helping sort shit out backstage. I'm talking in a more Bill Watts kind of deal, not Kevin Nash.

·
Ho!
17,685 Posts
That's great. I think he will make a great adviser to McMahon, and if it keeps him out of the ring, you'll get no complaints from me, though I'd still like to believe we'll see him in some fashion on tv after he retires in ring.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Not that I doubt the word of a dirtsheet, after all, they're amazingly reliable when it comes to backstage info :side: but did anyone really expect to hear anything negative about the way Trips handles things?

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
This is what I think people believe. Most people don't have a problem with Triple H working behind the scenes. It's that some people thought he was using his stroke to get what he wants on TV all the time like a Hogan, or a Nash. Triple H has a sharp mind in business and we've seen him in a lesser role on TV.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Not that I doubt the word of a dirtsheet, after all, they're amazingly reliable when it comes to backstage info :side: but did anyone really expect to hear anything negative about the way Trips handles things?
Yeah, it's pretty much career suicide if a wrestler criticizes Triple H. Still, even though alot of people sort of dislike that he married Stephanie McMahon I'm sure he's the most respected wrestler on the company after The Undertaker.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I doubt it's true because of the source (haven't seen it reported anywhere else eithr) BUT I'm sure HHH fans will treat it like it was real, even if they disbelieve everything else the source says every other time.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty much career suicide if a wrestler criticizes Triple H. Still, even though alot of people sort of dislike that he married Stephanie McMahon I'm sure he's the most respected wrestler on the company after The Undertaker.
I doubt this. If anything I think Cena is behind Undertaker in the respect department.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I doubt it's true because of the source (haven't seen it reported anywhere else eithr) BUT I'm sure HHH fans will treat it like it was real, even if they disbelieve everything else the source says every other time.
It doesnt need a report. It would make logical sense to believe that a professional wrestler would be good at running things backstage in a wrestling company.

Fuck the report. This is just logic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts