Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently on the WWE roster Undertaker and Triple H are the two biggest legends.

Triple H is a 13 Time World Champion
Undertaker is a 7 Time World Champion

Triple H has been in the main event (last match) of six WrestleManias
Undertaker involved in 3 Mania main events

Triple H is arguably the greatest heel of all time
Undertaker has arguably the greatest gimmick of all time

Triple H has been a staple in the main event for over a decade
Undertaker has been the cornerstone of the WWE for almost two decades

Look at all the factions/stables Triple H has been involved in from DX to the Corporation to The PowerTrip to Evolution
Undertaker is 18-0 at WrestleMania in one of the greatest career (gimmick) accomplishments ever

Both men have had all time classic matches in WWE with other legends like Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, etc.

I think Undertaker will go down as one of the most respected wrestlers ever and Triple H will have a place in the industry where he helps produce WWE programming.

WWE will change forever when these two retire. What do you guys think of the legacies these two legends will leave behind?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
They are along with Cena and Orton the biggest names in the company, although I think Orton is more over than Triple H and Cena, no one is more over than Taker though, NO ONE.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
I think with both of them being out at the moment has proved that the WWE wont suffer too much when HHH & Taker retire. It may hurt them short term, but after a few weeks it'll be fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Undie's retirement will leave a void for me. Nobody nowadays has a gimmick like
that anymore, while cheesy, is refreshing amongst a bunch of wrestlers who
are mostly gimmick-free bad guys or good guys.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Good thing WWE is FINALLY pushing young guys, even if I don't like some of them.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
They are along with Cena and Orton the biggest names in the company, although I think Orton is more over than Triple H and Cena, no one is more over than Taker though, NO ONE.
You're not comparing Cena and Orton to Triple H and Undertaker, are you? Because it's like this:

Here's Taker and HHH:

Taker and HHH (Legends)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Randy and Cena (they're getting there)

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Well in my opinion HHH is nowhere near as legendary as The Undertaker so I'd probably rate HHH in between Taker and Cena on the current roster.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Does Bret Hart count in here?? He's due to fight at Summerslam ...
I definitely agree with these two but still ...

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I think with both of them being out at the moment has proved that the WWE wont suffer too much when HHH & Taker retire.
I agree with this. Just after Mania I was a little worried because HBK was gone, I knew Taker would be out for a while and I had a feeling Trips would be taking some time off too. The thought of WWE without these guys was a little scary lol. But over the past few months, I haven't stopped watching because they aren't on. I will always feel like Raw is just missing something without HBK and HHH and of course the gap Taker will leave on SD will be fucking huge considering it is 'his' show. But I have faith that the show will go on without them and will prosper too with Cena and now Orton at the helm.

As for their legacies, I don't think we are going to see anybody like either man ever again. The Undertaker is, well, he's the freakin' Undertaker lol. The WWE will NEVER have anybody like him again, never. He truly is one of a kind and is so respected by everybody involved in the wrestling business from his peers to the fans. He is 18-0 at Wrestlemania and his legacy is just plain darn awesome tbh. I'm not the biggest Undertaker fan but I will miss him because we will never see a character like him again.

Triple H will probably end up with 2 legacies - one for the 'WWE Universe' and another one for the smarks lol. To me (along with Taker) I think he's one of the greatest we've ever seen. His heel run from 99-01 is legendary and one can only imagine what we would be saying about him had he not got hurt in 01. Not that it would have had that much of an effect because his impact on the business is massive. Remove him from the last 10 years of WWE programming and there would be a serious hole. He has provided us with some of the greatest feuds, matches and moments of all time and he'll be sorely missed. The upside is that he will obviously have a backstage role. Maybe some day we will all be watching his vision of what he wants WWE to be. People talk shit about HHH, and Stephanie for that matter, but I think the future will be safe in their hands.

This has went on for WAY longer than I expected lol so I'm going to finish up here. Guys like Taker and HHH may not be on that absolute mega stardom level that Austin, Rock and Hogan are on but then again, there are only 3 people on that list and I think there only ever will be (with the exception of Cena but he's another thread all together lol). But, that should not be reason to take away from what they have done for the company. I'm not knocking on Austin or Rock, but they are off making movies while HHH and Taker are still there. That speaks volumes about their passion and dedication for what they do. To sum it all up, I think they are 2 of the greatest to have ever laced them up and I am so thankful that I have got to watch them in various different era's. Their legacies will be, and already are, massive and WWE is lucky to have them. All this is making me want Taker vs HHH to happen now lol. And for the hell of it, let's throw HBK in there as the ref. Book it!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Undertaker should have a few more titles than he does but i don't like it when he is champion.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
In Mexico, yes.

But the Undertaker is the WWE. When people talk WWE, past and present, one name that pops up has to be 'Taker.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
If Mysterio's bigger than Undertaker, then I'm just gonna call CM Punk bigger than John Cena.

Because, fuck, it doesn't have to be true, right?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Triple H still could have a few good full years left of him on the Active Roster
and I like to see another WWE Championship or WHC Title reign from him :)
But
Undertaker is a lucky guy who gets to work Part-Time.
He should be around for a number of years till they
find the right opponent to end his WM Streak.

·
Registered
126 Posts
But the Undertaker is the WWE. When people talk WWE, past and present, one name that pops up has to be 'Taker.
Very true. My girlfriends dad knows absolutely nothing about wrestling, doesnt know who anybody is, doesnt even know what the company is called but he knows who The Undertaker is

·
Registered
160 Posts
They're also loyalists- they stuck with the company through their rough stretch in the mid-90s before the attitude era.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
In my opinion, nobody gets near Taker or HHH. They have dedicated years, been in top storylines, one countless titles. They have helped pick out the talent as well, they are certainly the two guys to look up to in the industry.

I think we will see Cena, Orton up there pretty soon as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts