Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Missy
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple H Named In Latest WWE Proxy Filing; Proxy States He Is A Salaried Employee And Reveals 2010 Compensation

From the WWE Definitive Proxy Statement:

Certain Relationships and Related Transactions

Stephanie McMahon is the daughter of Vincent and Linda McMahon. Stephanie McMahon is an executive officer of the Company. She receives compensation in this capacity and participates in talent royalties for certain Company products bearing her name and/or likeness. Her total compensation in 2010 was approximately $671,000.

Paul Levesque is Stephanie McMahon’s husband and the son-in-law of Vincent and Linda McMahon. As one of our top stars, Mr. Levesque receives pay that varies from year to year depending on the programs and events in which he performs; the films in which he stars (there were two produced in 2010); the royalties earned on home videos, video games, toys, clothing and other merchandise bearing his name and/or likeness; and salary as an employee active in management in several aspects of the Company’s business reporting to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. His total compensation aggregated across all these roles was approximately $3.84 million in 2010. The Audit Committee does not review the retention of Stephanie McMahon or Paul Levesque each year nor does it approve their levels of compensation. Instead, as to levels of their compensation as employees, the Audit Committee relied on the approval procedures of the Compensation Committee.

In the case of Paul Levesque, his pay as a performer is set by agreements negotiated by the Company’s Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, the Company’s Talent Relations Department and the Company’s film studios. The Audit Committee believes this oversight to be consistent with relevant industry expertise and good business practice.
credit: KLQwrestling.com

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Damn the guy only worked half a year and still banked $3.8 million big ones!

· Registered
2,775 Posts
Inspirational, really. He was born in the same city I was and is a wrestling legend and multi-millionaire.

Edit: @Adramelech - It's always weird to look back on guys like HHH and Steve Austin when they were in WCW and think these are the guys that eventually went on to become mega-stars and help the WWF eventually win the war against WCW.

Also, I mark every time HHH pulls out the old Indian Deathlock in any of his matches these days.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
I wonder if he gets a paid extra for The Chaperone or if it's already built into his contract.
According to the wording of that statement, he does. However it doesnt really break down what he earns from each source, so heres hoping its about $50 in that instance.

· Registered
149 Posts
I know this might sound really stupid but I thought he would have earned a lot more than that. Again, this might also sound stupid, but I heard a fee years back that in the attitude era rock and austin were getting paid a million a week. I did question that at the time but the person who told me was so adamant I just believed them.... guess that must be BS then. Still, for the amount of money wwe makes I would have thought someone like triple H would make a lot more than that in a year. honestly seems a small figure to me for a guy of his stature.

· Registered
5,813 Posts
I know this might sound really stupid but I thought he would have earned a lot more than that. Again, this might also sound stupid, but I heard a fee years back that in the attitude era rock and austin were getting paid a million a week. I did question that at the time but the person who told me was so adamant I just believed them.... guess that must be BS then. Still, for the amount of money wwe makes I would have thought someone like triple H would make a lot more than that in a year. honestly seems a small figure to me for a guy of his stature.
I think a lot of Austin and Rocks money would have came from Merchandise, which would have been through the roof back then. Triple H was away from the shows, so I can bet his merch took a bit of a hit.

I'd say during the height of the Attitude era, Austin was making 8mil, and The Rock about 5. I'd say in the biggest year for them both though, they probably split 20 million between them.

· Registered
964 Posts
I don't think he would have been paid more if he worked more, thats the idea of being a "salaried employee". You get paid a certain amount per year regardless of how much you work. I'm going to school for accounting, which is salary, and during tax season you work a shit ton of overtime, but still get paid the same. It evens out though in summer when you're slow as shit.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
I don't think he would have been paid more if he worked more, thats the idea of being a "salaried employee". You get paid a certain amount per year regardless of how much you work. I'm going to school for accounting, which is salary, and during tax season you work a shit ton of overtime, but still get paid the same. It evens out though in summer when you're slow as shit.
The article states he is salaried in his role as Vince's assistant. He is paid a set salary for his work from the office he has at WWE headquarters, which will be a set amount. He then gets an extra amount based on how many shirts and stuff he sells, the proceeds from his movies and other similar activities.

Then he gets a cut of the money from shows that he appears on and/or wrestles on. Therefore the more shows he does in addition to his corporate duties, the more he gets paid. Think of it as two separate jobs, however in this case they happen to be with the same company.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Inspirational, really. He was born in the same city I was and is a wrestling legend and multi-millionaire.

Edit: @Adramelech - It's always weird to look back on guys like HHH and Steve Austin when they were in WCW and think these are the guys that eventually went on to become mega-stars and help the WWF eventually win the war against WCW.

Also, I mark every time HHH pulls out the old Indian Deathlock in any of his matches these days.
Same here haha.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.