Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With WWE announcing Corbin will "humiliate" Roman on SmackDown this Friday in Fayetteville, NC; it reminded me of when Triple H and Shawn came out as Vince and Shane back on RAW in 2006 (which ironically was in Fayetteville, NC also).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Based on what we've seen so far, I doubt Corbin can come anywhere close to that level of comedy. It'll be more like whoever those morons are that made shit like "Disaster Movie" etc. trying to compete with Mel Brooks.

·
Team AEW
2,794 Posts
DX was shit in 2006, but I've got to admit, that was funny. I remember that. Back then I was wondering why didn't this segment receive much reaction from the crowd, because this was really fun stuff and everyone seemed to love DX.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I never liked that era of DX they were just not very funny, although I guess they were never supposed to be, the whole idea behind them was to be immature little gits which was beliable back in 1997 given Michaels rep back then.

The real DX was Rick Rude, Chyna, Triple H and Shawn Michaels for me... I didn't mind the new DX of 1998 - 1999 but the original 4 was the best.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Based on what we've seen so far, I doubt Corbin can come anywhere close to that level of comedy. It'll be more like whoever those morons are that made shit like "Disaster Movie" etc. trying to compete with Mel Brooks.
totally agree. Corbin stuff is going to be cringe and skippable (as always).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i was only a teenager at this time but still found 2006 dx really embarassing. it reeked of "we're dx, that means we're funny by default" meanwhile i'm just hoping noboby walks in while i'm waiting for the segment to end.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
One of the only good parts about that run, both guys were doing great things on their own up to that point and then..that run was so bad, I hated almost all of it.

Anyway, Corbin is a very talented dude but he hasn’t been funny yet in this feud, not his fault but I’d rather see him drop the king gimmick and just be a savage heel. He’s not really cut out to be a chicken shit heel, the guy is fucking huge.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i was only a teenager at this time but still found 2006 dx really embarassing. it reeked of "we're dx, that means we're funny by default" meanwhile i'm just hoping noboby walks in while i'm waiting for the segment to end.
I thought I was the only one. People say 2010 Cena is corny but 2006 dx was worse with their Adam Sandler tier jokes and looked like two dad's trying to be edgy

·
Registered
153 Posts
i love michaels - but this was crap - wwe was dreadful back then - other than benoit and a few other performers - we are spoilt today with the great workers we have - i wish people could recognise that -
Agreed. Can't believe there are people who actually think 2009 WWE was good. Did they forget guest host era smackdown was decent but raw was horrendous

1 - 16 of 16 Posts