Wrestling Forum banner

Triple H- a loyal longtime WWE pillar through good times and bad

8409 107
Triple H gets a lot of mudsling and arrows from some wrestling fans- some deserved, some undeserved- but there is one thing about the guy that I have always liked about the guy- company loyalty.

Since he came to the WWE in 1995, he's been consistently loyal to the company- there have been a lot of instances where WWE stars will go to compeitition (whether WCW or TNA).

Triple H is one of the longest-tenured guys in the WWE- other active guys that have been around for a lenghty time- Undertaker (1990), Mark Henry (1996), Kane (1995).

It's one thing I like about some guys- stick it out through the tough times. (Triple H, like Undertaker and some other WWE names we know well, stuck it out through those lean mid-90s years when they came close to possibly going under).

Guys that don't flee the WWE for a rival have a bit more respect in my books (Rock, Austin, HBK).

It's like in pro sports when a guy sticks with one team for so long.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
People find shit to bash those people live in there mother's basement...lol Right now it's does HHH really love Stephanie next week will be something different.

The one thing I like about the guy is he has passion for the business.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I give HHH credit for his loyalty to the company, even during the bad times when WCW was kicking the WWF's ass.
Same goes for Taker and Michaels.
Taker is the most loyal wrestler the WWE has and very reliable during his 20 years with the company.

·
Banned
18,342 Posts
So it's impressive that HHH is loyal to the most powerful wrestling company in the world? It's not that hard to be loyal to the cash-factory, tbh (since there is no bigger cash-factories in wrestling).

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Triple H realised he had a better chance of success in Stamford than he did in Atlanta.By the time his contract came up for renewal in late 1998 WCW was a political nightmare.But I really admire the guy for working the killer WWE schedule for 15 years.

The Undertaker couldn't exactly leave when there was a rival because Vince owns the gimmick.Mean Mark Callous on Nitro wouldn't have worked!

Shawn Michaels would have joined WCW in May 1997 had McMahon given him a contract release.

·
Banned
2,204 Posts
that still doesnt change the fact that he is an uncooperative lazy narcisist who cant get a movie career to save his life

Reactions: Chismo

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
that still doesnt change the fact that he is an uncooperative lazy narcisist who cant get a movie career to save his life
That shit is getting old. Does anyone have real proof of this? And I don't mean the Outlaws' shoot interview where they came off reeking of jealousy.

I didn't think so.

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Hiplop™;9215610 said:
He's also banging the bosses daughter :side:
I'm sick of that excuse, too. He's not the first guy to marry his boss' daughter.

McCool's married to Calloway, who I believe has just as much pull as Hunter does. I don't see nearly as much hate for McCool (politic-wise).

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
So it's impressive that HHH is loyal to the most powerful wrestling company in the world? It's not that hard to be loyal to the cash-factory, tbh (since there is no bigger cash-factories in wrestling).
Oh yes cause in 95,96,97 it was so worth it to be a WWE wrestler, I mean why join WCW when you can stay in the WWE!

That shit is getting old. Does anyone have real proof of this? And I don't mean the Outlaws' shoot interview where they came off reeking of jealousy.

I didn't think so.
Sadly I still think if guys like Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero etc never came to WWE Billy Gunn may have been a 5 time WWE champ by now.

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
People can say what they want about Triple H using the power of Greyskull to win infinite titles and attain everlasting life, but fact is he's worked for everything he's ever gotten in wrestling. The common belief is that he was intended to win the 96 KOTR, but was buried due to the infamous MSG incident.

Even Undertaker himself has said that while he did used to think H was in it for himself, he watched him sit out his punishment that year without H complaining one single bit. He still went out there and busted his ass, and now he's in the position he deserves to be in. Definitely a loyal employee, regardless of who he's married to.

·
Registered
152 Posts
People can say what they want about Triple H using the power of Greyskull to win infinite titles and attain everlasting life, but fact is he's worked for everything he's ever gotten in wrestling. The common belief is that he was intended to win the 96 KOTR, but was buried due to the infamous MSG incident.Even Undertaker himself has said that while he did used to think H was in it for himself, he watched him sit out his punishment that year without H complaining one single bit. He still went out there and busted his ass, and now he's in the position he deserves to be in. Definitely a loyal employee, regardless of who he's married to.
Forgive me: what is this infamous incident?

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
When Kevin and Scott left for WCW, they all (them, Hunter and Shawn) broke kayfabe and celebrated in the ring. Vince faced a shitload of backlash from the old-timers, and had to punish someone. Shawn was the champ, so it had to be Hunter.

EDIT: Added a video. Kevin and Hunter were heels, Shawn and Scott were faces.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The curtain call, after the TV cameras were off HHH, HBK, Nash and Scott Hall were breaking kayfabe with celebrating in the ring after the main event. Nash and HHh were heels HBK and Hall were face. The did that because Nash and Hall were leaving for WCW.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.