Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/62258/this-years-tribute-to-the-troops-special-will-take-place-in.html

WWE will be taping the Tribute To The Troops Special on Sunday, December 11th, 2011 at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Coliseum

I wonder if it will be tape or live? I can understand why it was on a long tape delay when in Iraq/Afghanistan but now it appears to be like other WWE events I don't see much reason to tape delay it too long.

(edit - I'm not sure whether it will be a paying event where anyone can go as usual or if it is just troops attending)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I get why they still do, it's a PR move. But I haven't been interested in Tribute to the Troops for at least the last five years.

I think it's probably hard to say "Guys, we're not doing it again" in a nice way, so it may exist as long as the company goes on (even if all our troops are returned home).

·
Registered
240 Posts
It sucks that its no longer going to be held outside but what can you do?
And as for it existing as long as the company exists, even if all the troops are returned home, it will still be a good gesture towards supporting the troops in any future wars they may become involved in.
Keep them motivated and the WWE will keep raking in the cash, Simple as that.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
so when did they stop going to Iraq and Afghanistan? From what I've seen of it the wrestlers, crew and soldiers all really enjoyed the experience over there.

·
Registered
448 Posts
so when did they stop going to Iraq and Afghanistan? From what I've seen of it the wrestlers, crew and soldiers all really enjoyed the experience over there.
Most, if not all of the troops should be out of Iraq by the end of the year (they seem to change plans often, but last I heard that was the plan). I've got a friend over there that's been spending the last several months packing up equipment to be sent home. He told me they should be sending him home in December.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
It should be held outdoors in Iraq to keep with tradition, it has been a tradition for years, they should keep it the same and not change anything because it would take away from the magic that is Tribute To The Troops

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Aww man, i liked the different feel of the outside desert shows.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I'm sure the tech team is happy about this as being indoors is a more controlled environment (specifically the wind). Regardless I'm sure it'll still be the feel-good moment of the year. What I don't understand is why don't they set up the ring inside a big military base hangar? That would look sick! I do believe the UFC did that one year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts