Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Source (PWInsider)

With all the recent reshuffling of WWE live events for late November and early December, the belief among some in the company is that they will not be doing a tour with the USO this year to film a "Tribute to the Troops" special. '

I don't have that 100% confirmed, but the time period where the roster would usually fly to the Middle East is now comprised of house shows for both brands. So, stay tuned.

I'm hopeful that there will still be some form of special this year personally, as I've long felt it was the classiest night of the year for the industry.
Later story (Also PWInsider)

To follow-up on a story from earlier today, we have now confirmed that there will not be a WWE overseas "Tribute To The Troops" show in the Middle East this year. However, WWE is looking into doing a similar style show domestically at a military base, possibly in Texas.
I'm kind of saddened by this. I always loved that they went over there to entertain the troops who risk their lives to keep us safe. However, I understand that this year has been tough on the WWE's international schedule, and I'm glad that they want to do one here.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I haven't cared about Tribute To The Troops for the past three years. I realize that it was a "nice thing to do" but I say good riddance.

I think the Texas idea is stupid. They shouldn't even do that IMO. I'm sure lots will disagree with that but that is my own opinion FYI I'm not "anti troop" but the Tribute shows have been borning, predictable, and in some cases spoiled the Armeggedon PPV (Randy Orton taped with the belt so you knew he would have it going into the event when it "aired").

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
If they get rid of Tribute to the Troops, what new major philanthropic endeavor will they invent to jam down our throats as a signal of their eternal goodwill and superiority to leagues like the NFL that have the gall to not play a regular season game in Baghdad?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't know if you watch much news but Iraq has basically been given back to the Iraqi people now, and Afghanistan is more than likely not safe enough yet. I suppose they could do it in Kuwait, they have a great USO there. Had they always done it in Baghdad?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if you watch much news but Iraq has basically been given back to the Iraqi people now, and Afghanistan is more than likely not safe enough yet. I suppose they could do it in Kuwait, they have a great USO there. Had they always done it in Baghdad?
If I remember correctly, they've done one in Kuwait before, so that would work.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If they get rid of Tribute to the Troops, what new major philanthropic endeavor will they invent to jam down our throats as a signal of their eternal goodwill and superiority to leagues like the NFL that have the gall to not play a regular season game in Baghdad?
Your name fits you well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was one of those troops who was entertained. I served in Iraq for 15 months in 07-08 and it made my tour seeing people who I grew up admiring coming to a war zone to give back to all the soldiers who are fighting for this country. Hopefully the WWE can at least go to Ft. Hood or Ft. Bliss in Texas and give them a good show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts