Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch superstars almost every week & usually Trent is on there putting on a great match. I see alot of potential in this guy & see him as the WWE Intercontinental Champion in the coming years. Does anybody agree or disagree

·
Registered
661 Posts
He is very entertaining to watch, the only thing is that he's still very generic. He's only fresh into his WWE singles career, and his matches with Curt Hawkins were great, so he still has time.

He has potential to bring a good high risk move-set back to the WWE...if he doesn't get released for some reason.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
by the end of the year, barreta will hold a wwe title

he's a great wreslter, has a high flying move set(gets over with the crowd), and is very charismatic

·
Registered
329 Posts
He's a great wrestler. A little generic i think but he's still really young so there's still plenty of time to change that

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Has a lot of potential, I personally enjoy watching him in the ring a lot. Time is on his side as well, as long as they don't make him a jobber, then i'm fine.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

he's a great wreslter, has a high flying move set(gets over with the crowd), and is very charismatic
I was skim reading and it looked like you had said the WWE title. He should definetly become at least a solid midcarder during this year. Same goes for Hawkins, their feud on Superstars is actually better than some of the mainevent feuds last year in my opinion (Show-Swagger, Kane-Edge)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Barreta's program with Hawkins has been the best thing on WWE TV for the past couple of months in my honest opinion

Give them both a bit more of a character/gimmick and they could be huge

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been watching all his matches on Superstars and just wish that he and Crofty had gotten a tag title reign yet wwe must have kept Trent around for a reason.

plus please can someone tell me why Barretta is in the smackdown vs raw ads and not in the game?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoM7gr3v0W0

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think Trent has alot of talent and should be pushed.
They should have Tyler Reks win the IC title from Kofi, and then have him feud with Baretta, and have Trent win the title.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts

I will eat me hat if Baretta wins a top title this year. In fact I will cook it in any fashion you like and film myself eating it. I agree with you that Baretta is good at what he does, however that is not enough to become a WHC. Look at how long it's taken John Morrison to get to the Main Event, and even then he still hasn't won it. Baretta's charisma is questionable, his promo that you had in your sig for a while wasn't that great. The script was good but his delivery wasn't. And if you think being over as a high flier (something that's questionable about Baretta) is enough to get to the top then go look at Kofi Kingston and Even Bourne to see how wrong you are.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I will eat me hat if Baretta wins a top title this year. In fact I will cook it in any fashion you like and film myself eating it. I agree with you that Baretta is good at what he does, however that is not enough to become a WHC. Look at how long it's taken John Morrison to get to the Main Event, and even then he still hasn't won it. Baretta's charisma is questionable, his promo that you had in your sig for a while wasn't that great. The script was good but his delivery wasn't. And if you think being over as a high flier (something that's questionable about Baretta) is enough to get to the top then go look at Kofi Kingston and Even Bourne to see how wrong you are.
He never said Barreta will hold a heavyweight title, to my understanding he was just saying that by the end of the year Barreta will have won some kind of title in the WWE.

But I agree he seems like a solid talent, never heard him on the mic tho and that is a big part of a character.

·
IF YA SMEEELLLL
161 Posts
needs a good feud with Drew or Cody. Also needs better trunks/tights. But he's a great wrestler. Marking for him big time.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
A feud with Drew after what happened in their match would be a good idea IMO. Baretta's still young and probably just being built up over a period of time rather than pushing him straight away.

I think that Kofi will probably feud with Swagger first since Swagger has been in the triple threat matches for the IC title as well.

Then maybe lose the belt to Rhodes and perhaps then they could start giving guys like Masters and Barretta shots at the IC title whilst guys like Kofi, Dolph and Swagger are elevated above the IC title picture.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I like Barreta. Young dude, athletic, quick, "high-flyer". Too bad Caylen's gone, these DUDES (see what I did there ;)) could've been worthy Tag Title opponents. However, Barreta alone is just fine. I'd love to see a match where he goes off against Dashing.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
In due time my friend. He's only 23.

I remember when Ziggler first debut against Batista back in 08. I was probably one of the few people that saw the "star" in him from day one. And even though he came out to generic jobber music (which I liked, it has a good beat to it) and his gimmick was just to say, "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" then get the shit beat out of him in 2 minutes, he had the "IT" factor and ever since I kept a close eye on him. Today, he's the #1 contender for the World Title.

Likewise with Barretta, the kid has potential. I've been follwoing him since his ECW days with Croft and even then I realized Croft was a waste of space and Barretta is the star of the team. I wouldn't necessarily say he has the "IT" factor but he can find tons of success in the midcard division. If I'm not mistaken the kid has been WWE trained which I must say is shocking. He can go places.

Curt Hawkins is another guy I'd keep my eye on. He too can find success in the midcard division. Not everyone can be a world champ, hence why we have the IC title and US title. Unfortunately, booking is holding back the guys. The titles don't seem important thus the wrestlers don't seem important. I believe it was Summerslam '92 where the IC title was actually the main event. Nowadays we're lucky to see the IC title main event SD, the US title is just there but I don't think we'll ever see the day when the IC title main events a PPV ever again.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
morrison hasn't won the title yet because of his bland personality and non existent mic work ... barreta is the opposite.

·
Registered
467 Posts
In due time my friend. He's only 23.

I remember when Ziggler first debut against Batista back in 08. I was probably one of the few people that saw the "star" in him from day one. And even though he came out to generic jobber music (which I liked, it has a good beat to it) and his gimmick was just to say, "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" then get the shit beat out of him in 2 minutes, he had the "IT" factor and ever since I kept a close eye on him. Today, he's the #1 contender for the World Title.

Likewise with Barretta, the kid has potential. I've been follwoing him since his ECW days with Croft and even then I realized Croft was a waste of space and Barretta is the star of the team. I wouldn't necessarily say he has the "IT" factor but he can find tons of success in the midcard division. If I'm not mistaken the kid has been WWE trained which I must say is shocking. He can go places.

Curt Hawkins is another guy I'd keep my eye on. He too can find success in the midcard division. Not everyone can be a world champ, hence why we have the IC title and US title. Unfortunately, booking is holding back the guys. The titles don't seem important thus the wrestlers don't seem important. I believe it was Summerslam '92 where the IC title was actually the main event. Nowadays we're lucky to see the IC title main event SD, the US title is just there but I don't think we'll ever see the day when the IC title main events a PPV ever again.

But thats only because it was held in England and the British Bulldog won the title from Bret.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts