Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering they decided to keep him, but not his tag partner without any breakup even could this mean they have plans for Baretta in the near future? He's still very young and I've seen quite a few (most notably Vincent K. mcmahon :p) marks for him. A lot of people think he is doomed with no partner or storyline much like Primo was when Carlito was released. Will it be similar to that, or will Baretta break through and at least get in the IC picture.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
it all depends on WWE tbh. Baretta has all the tools to be a star in the future, a little smaller than an avarage WWE main eventer but with the recent history of WWE's new main eventers and the fact that Trent isn't Kaval and Rey size small, he would still be a credible competitor

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He'll be the "Zack Ryder" of Smackdown for awhile i guess, because with guys like Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio in the midcard and they all are more established than him i don't think Trent will move up the card anytime soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
He'll be the "Zack Ryder" of Smackdown for awhile i guess, because with guys like Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio in the midcard and they all are more established than him i don't think Trent will move up the card anytime soon.
He will not be a "Zack Ryder" because the name dropping you just did is pure heels, where I see Dudebusters right now was faces, and they could use barreta as a face midcard guy right now :)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He will not be a "Zack Ryder" because the name dropping you just did is pure heels, where I see Dudebusters right now was faces, and they could use barreta as a face midcard guy right now :)
Heh, my bad, i thought he's a heel, the last time i saw him was when he and Croft betrayed team SD. Trent as a credible midcard face might work, i'm not sure if they will elevate him though, Trent is more like in Chris Masters level right now and i'd personally prefer if they make Chris Masters relevant again.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Ryder, Barreta and Hawkins are the future.

All of them are passable in the mic, can work an extremely pleasing style in the ring and all can work a character that's given to them.

I have big hopes that in 4-5 years, these guys will be big deals. If they aren't someone has fucked up majorly.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The fact that Trent Baretta wasn't released definitely means something, and it'd be foolish to think otherwise. If they didn't want him, they wouldn't have kept him.

I don't necessarily know if he'll be used in the immediate future, but I do believe that WWE is going to use him. If nothing else, they see the potential he has and the break-out appeal that he has. He's young, promising, and all-around talented. If anything, he should consider it a push that he's still with the company.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
and really if you think about it, it was barreta who worked the dark matches and on tours, not croft.

i see trent barreta and i see a star, he has everything ... he's a small guy but doesn't look small, unlike some guys(christian for example) the belt won't look small on him because his shoulders are massive.

with wwe lacking faces, barreta could be the answer

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
No offence VKM, but if I want to watch a 23 year old who mixes technical skill and high flying, I'll watch Richie Steamboat.

But yeah, WWE obviously seens something in him and Hawkins. There's a reason that they've been given TV time instead of their partners.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No offence VKM, but if I want to watch a 23 year old who mixes technical skill and high flying, I'll watch Richie Steamboat.

But yeah, WWE obviously seens something in him and Hawkins. There's a reason that they've been given TV time instead of their partners.
Steamboat's good in the ring but just look at his FCW profile pic and it makes you go "WTF?" Barretta has the look and can talk as well

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Steamboat's good in the ring but just look at his FCW profile pic and it makes you go "WTF?" Barretta has the look and can talk as well
If I'm honest, I put the two at roughly the same level, micskill wise. i.e. low. I have yet to be impressed by a Trent Baretta promo.

As for Steamboat's look, it fits him considering how similar he looks to his Dad when he was younger.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
there's a long list of wrestlers who've done nothing but appear on Superstars & job, so him not being fired means nothing.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Vince kept him around. He obviously knows the dude's got talent.
Yep, he kept him around to job and appear on WWE's C-show.
I beat every wrestler who regularly appears on WWE Superstars is hoping to get put on the Brand they actually were drafted to and get a push.

Darren Young - Appeared on RAW once and Superstars twice, has'nt been seen since.
Mark Henry - Jobs on RAW
Primo - Appears on Superstars and jobs, NXT Pro.
Yoshi Tatsu - Appears on Superstars and jobs.
Zach Ryder - Jobs on RAW
Chris Masters - Few appearances on SD but regularly appears on Superstars and jobs.
Curt Hawkins - Appears on Superstars and jobs.
JTG - Appears on Superstars and sometimes jobs.

Even some of the wrestlers who regularly appear on their brands don't do sh*t.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Yep, he kept him around to job and appear on WWE's C-show.
I beat every wrestler who regularly appears on WWE Superstars is hoping to get put on the Brand they actually were drafted to and get a push.

Darren Young - Appeared on RAW once and Superstars twice, has'nt been seen since.
Mark Henry - Jobs on RAW
Primo - Appears on Superstars and jobs, NXT Pro.
Yoshi Tatsu - Appears on Superstars and jobs.
Zach Ryder - Jobs on RAW
Chris Masters - Few appearances on SD but regularly appears on Superstars and jobs.
Curt Hawkins - Appears on Superstars and jobs.
JTG - Appears on Superstars and sometimes jobs.

Even some of the wrestlers who regularly appear on their brands don't do sh*t.
Everybody jobs. Even Cena and Orton started out as jobbers. The bottom half of your list is made up of guys in their mid 20's. They might be 5 years away from getting a legitimate push. Doesn't mean they won't get one. When the old guard finally retires or guys get hurt, some of the younger guys are gonna get their chance. Barretta should be one of them.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Everybody jobs. Even Cena and Orton started out as jobbers. The bottom half of your list is made up of guys in their mid 20's. They might be 5 years away from getting a legitimate push. Doesn't mean they won't get one. When the old guard finally retires or guys get hurt, some of the younger guys are gonna get their chance. Barretta should be one of them.
I'm not talking about a loss here and there, i'm talking about series of losses to the point where people predict their defeat the moment they appear on screen.

The fact that you think wrestlers will get pushed only when the veterans retire or get hurt just shows that the WWE does'nt care about them.
Even in the midst of the youth movement the divisions in the company are shallow and belts are still used as mere props.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts