Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote from Wrestling-edge.com:

- Here’s an interesting stat. John Cena and/or Randy Orton have been in a WWE Title or World Heavyweight Title match at every WWE pay-per-view for over two years now. The last show that didn’t have either of them in a top title match was WWE’s Cyber Sunday 2008 where the main events were Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title and Chris Jericho vs. Batista for the World Title.
Im putting this in the Raw section since both wrestlers are currently on RAW.
With the WWE already having horrible PPV Ratings, why not let a Miz/Morrison match happen at the Royal Rumble. Orton and Cena dont need to be #1 contenders or constantly holding titles. Orton can just as easily be in the Rumble in stead of in a title match. Miz/Morrison doesnt even have to be the ME at the Rumble. With the way things have started so far this year it looks like this trend will continue throughout the year, and with Smackdown's lack of star power even if Orton does get traded to Smackdown this trend will still continue.
I def. dont think this is a good trend to have for the WWE. Orton is only like 30 or 31 but it is still getting stale to have him in all these title matches. Its time to fully hand the ball over to the next generation (i exclude Orton from this). The WWE will never know how the young guys will do if they never get thrown in the spotlight together.
Cena and Orton are cruches for the WWE that will soon break if they cant fully get behind a youth movement

·
Registered
895 Posts
Agree, Miz/Morrison should have been at the Rumble. Its not the main event anyway!

And seeing as the next PPV is Elimination Chamber, and allmost certainly one of them is going to be in a title match at Mania then ............ well, we can keep counting up until Extreme Rules i guess.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
That's shockingly disturbing.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
That is awfully sketchy, and its hard to see this trend ending anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i suspected as much WWE needs to start developing guys like Mz Jomo Barrett and Sheamus better and stop ;etting either Cena or Orton bury them at the end of there feuds .

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm sure the stat was the same when Stone Cold and Rock were wrestling.
no because Austin and The Rock actually lost feuds Cena and Orton always seem to win theres name 1 feud in the last 3 years Cena has lost also 1 that Orton has lost since turning face ? .

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
They've had a rapidly diminishing main-event scene and two main events to fill. It's hardly surprising. Hopefully there'll be a little more balance now that new main eventers are starting to establish themselves.
If either of them didn't have to ultimately win ANY of their feuds throughout the past year, we would have a main event scene.

Kofi and JoMo could have been elevated eons ago. Kofi's push with Orton was supposed to happen over a year ago.

·
Registered
694 Posts
no because Austin and The Rock actually lost feuds Cena and Orton always seem to win theres name 1 feud in the last 3 years Cena has lost also 1 that Orton has lost since turning face ? .
Anytime Austin and Rock lost it came with some controversy involved. Did they ever lose cleanly? Nope. And it always took more than one guy to put them down. Don't get me wrong I'm not comparing them to Cena and Orton at all but I'm just saying. Now I'm not a Cena fan by any means and I think that his gimmick is stale and boring but Orton on the other hand deserves everything he's accomplishing at the moment. You must forget the guy was a heel for how long? And always cheated to win and made to look like a coward on numerous occasions. So why is it a problem now that he's being booked to look strong? Its long overdue in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Anytime Austin and Rock lost it came with some controversy involved. Did they ever lose cleanly? Nope. And it always took more than one guy to put them down. Don't get me wrong I'm not comparing them to Cena and Orton at all but I'm just saying. Now I'm not a Cena fan by any means and I think that his gimmick is stale and boring but Orton on the other hand deserves everything he's accomplishing at the moment. You must forget the guy was a heel for how long? And always cheated to win and made to look like a coward and numerous occasions. So why is it a problem now that he's being booked to look strong? Its long overdue in my opinion.
wrong The Rock lost to Lesnar and Golberg cleanly also Austin lost to the Rock HHH and Angle cleanly so no your wrong they did lose matches fairly .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't mind that much actually. I know people hate to compare newer wrestlers to older ones but from personal experience I enjoy watching cena more than any other top guy since about 2006. And since austin and rock left anytime I think of dream matches at mania they involve cena a lot of the time.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Anytime Austin and Rock lost it came with some controversy involved. Did they ever lose cleanly? Nope. And it always took more than one guy to put them down. Don't get me wrong I'm not comparing them to Cena and Orton at all but I'm just saying. Now I'm not a Cena fan by any means and I think that his gimmick is stale and boring but Orton on the other hand deserves everything he's accomplishing at the moment. You must forget the guy was a heel for how long? And always cheated to win and made to look like a coward and numerous occasions. So why is it a problem now that he's being booked to look strong? Its long overdue in my opinion.
The only thing that changed was that Randy Orton attacks the heels instead of the faces.

He didn't evolve as a character, he didn't become better in the ring, all he did was change title reigns with 2-3 select people for two years as a heel. So now he can do the same thing for 2 more years as a face.

I can truthfully and honestly say that if they just happened to not book Cena and/or Orton on a Raw, it would take me a while to notice. That's how far in to the background they've both faded IN THE MAIN EVENT SCENE.

Side note: The man's had 6 reigns since 2007. (And the one with the WHC). Conversely, Shawn Michaels had 3 reigns in his very long career.

More Side Note: Cena's had 7 and 2 respectively since 2005.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Cena, in the end, lost feuds to Sheamus and Triple H. Orton lost to Swagger, but its only been one year.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Cena, in the end, lost feuds to Sheamus and Triple H. Orton lost to Swagger, but its only been one year.
Cena didn't lose the feud against Sheamus he didn't win once cleanly or with other peoples help.But then again Cena never won a match :rolleyes: and when did he lose cleanly to HHH.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts