Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I get paid enough, trust me. ;-) How else can afford to sit around and talk about this shit as much as I do? But way to try and go after someone for something you know nothing about. Also, nice way to try and shame someone for enjoying something they do. "I feel sorry for people who actually watch this shit." What kind of dick would I sound like if I said that? That's you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with thinking and writing about things, whether you enjoy the product you are thinking about or not. Sometimes the bad stuff is even more fun than the good stuff. Ever heard of a guilty pleasure?

Of course, it's usually other people that try to make you feel guilty. And they are the ones worth feeling sorry for.
Hey, if you want to spend your time being a “critic,” knock yourself out. You’re the one losing out in the end. I actually enjoy wrestling.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The whole AEW is a buffet thing goes against the very basics in business knowledge which is know your audience. AEW was sold to the people as an athletic style wrestling product that is different than WWE. You can't go and offer WWE type stories using WWE guys and then just claim "Oh ho ho it's a buffet so if you don't like it then MOVE ON!". Doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
21,503 Posts
The whole AEW is a buffet thing goes against the very basics in business knowledge which is know your audience. AEW was sold to the people as an athletic style wrestling product that is different than WWE. You can't go and offer WWE type stories using WWE guys and then just claim "Oh ho ho it's a buffet so if you don't like it then MOVE ON!". Doesn't work that way.
On the other hand they have always openly said they'd have a little something for everybody. That was mentioned when they highlighted OWE and the Joshi. The issue is they have the same problem a lot of people have with WWE, which is by trying to be so broad in appeal the show can be disjointed and unpleasing for different reasons to different people.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
If you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing nobody. When veterans talk about a variety in wrestling, they mean a strong under-card act, a blowjob tag team, a big bruiser team, a chickenshit heel and a main event strongman heel -- or something like that. They don't mean entirely different genres flung against the wall to see what sticks, hoping something does and then doing the whole thing next week.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Matt Hardy was one million times more popular and effective in the WWE as Jeff's brother. There has never been a Matt Hardy singles run that was more valuable than The Hardy Boyz. Ever.
Not sure if you're talking up the Hardy Boyz or bashing Matt. Probably both.
Regardless, I liked the Broken Matt character in TNA. In fact, it was the only reason I watched.
I'm sure I'll like what he comes up with in AEW. Last Wednesday wasn't flawless, but I still enjoyed the exchange between him and Jericho (and Vanguard).

·
Banned
571 Posts
I get paid enough, trust me. ;-) How else can afford to sit around and talk about this shit as much as I do? But way to try and go after someone for something you know nothing about. Also, nice way to try and shame someone for enjoying something they do. "I feel sorry for people who actually watch this shit." What kind of dick would I sound like if I said that? That's you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with thinking and writing about things, whether you enjoy the product you are thinking about or not. Sometimes the bad stuff is even more fun than the good stuff. Ever heard of a guilty pleasure?

Of course, it's usually other people that try to make you feel guilty. And they are the ones worth feeling sorry for.
whether your opinions are right or wrong, you come across as a complete prat. Why don’t you just reign it in a bit, you arw purposely winding strangers up on an Internet forum. You are a very sad man.

·
The Man
15,297 Posts
It's not Matt Hardy's fault he has more charisma in one hand than most of the roster has all together. And trust me that's not saying something about Matt Hardy.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Not sure if you're talking up the Hardy Boyz or bashing Matt. Probably both.
Regardless, I liked the Broken Matt character in TNA. In fact, it was the only reason I watched.
I'm sure I'll like what he comes up with in AEW. Last Wednesday wasn't flawless, but I still enjoyed the exchange between him and Jericho (and Vanguard).
A bit of both. Matt Hardy had value in that unit. As a single? Look, I got kick out of Mattitude and he was OVER in 2005, but that was never going to result in a main event talent.

whether your opinions are right or wrong, you come across as a complete prat. Why don’t you just reign it in a bit, you arw purposely winding strangers up on an Internet forum. You are a very sad man.
Thanks for your input, Danielallen1410.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never been a fan of Matt Hardy, but with Matt being in AEW is more then likely going to bring Jeff in on board. With Jeff and Matt = More viewers.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts