Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terrific, 100% logical decision. Hopefully this leads to other governing bodies instituting similar policies. Great stuff.

·
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only instance that REALLY bugs me is MMA. I don't like watching CIS women punch each other, let alone the topic at hand. I'm sure this will end well btw.. lol
You shouldn't underestimate the damage that can be done in other sports. I broke two guys' legs and dished out god knows how many other injuries in my soccer and Gaelic football days (playing hard but always clean), and I can't even imagine how much damage I would have wrought playing against women.

·
Premium Member
28,739 Posts
Good decision.

It is not a complete ban tho, since according to their statement this only applies to elite level competitions so they would be able to compete at the other levels. They also say that a person who "transitioned" really young like at say, before 12, would be allowed.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Terrific, 100% logical decision. Hopefully this leads to other governing bodies instituting similar policies. Great stuff.

Seems it given the Tory a kick in the ass over the subject, be interesting to see how this plays out and if they stand firm once the backlash and calls on transphobia start.

·
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good decision.

It is not a complete ban tho, since according to their statement this only applies to elite level competitions so they would be able to compete at the other levels. They also say that a person who "transitioned" really young like at say, before 12, would be allowed.
Correct, on all counts. We can only hope that this gets the ball rolling toward bans at lower levels of competition, and hopefully we'll come to our senses and realize we shouldn't be allowing kids who aren't even old enough to buy cigarettes to start chopping off body parts.

·
Premium Member
28,739 Posts
Correct, on all counts. We can only hope that this gets the ball rolling toward bans at lower levels of competition, and hopefully we'll come to our senses and realize we shouldn't be allowing kids who aren't even old enough to buy cigarettes to start chopping off body parts.
Hopefully, yes. This really shouldn't be normalized, but we'll see how things go from here.

·
Registered
Galaleroy
2,375 Posts
You shouldn't underestimate the damage that can be done in other sports. I broke two guys' legs and dished out god knows how many other injuries in my soccer and Gaelic football days (playing hard but always clean), and I can't even imagine how much damage I would have wrought playing against women.

They give you guys so much shit for flopping... I had no idea soccer could be so brutal

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great common sense decision. If trans want to compete absolutely they should but in an alternative open category where it is fair game for everyone. Why the hell would I want to watch a trans come 1st in womens sports, where they initially competed in mens (their born gender for example) and couldn’t even make the top 100.

Imagine in boxing if a vulnerable amir khan became trans went to womens boxing, and knocked everyone out within a minute and never got dropped. That shit shouldn’t be legal, trans should be able to take part in sport but in a fair contest with other trans for example.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Good, but I honestly don't think it goes far enough. They specify that it is for men that undergo hormone replacement therapy after the age of 12. First off, I don't agree with any parent letting their child under 12 years old undergo any kind of treatment like that during those developmental years. No kid should be making big decisions like that but that is a whole different converstaion. Secondly, they make the assumption that if a male undergoes hormone replacement therapy before the age of 12 that it would "level the playing field". While this obviously would make a difference and significantly stunt the amount of muscle that the kid would build. It doesn't cover every other biological advantage that males have over females. Males have smaller hips which makes it easier for them to run faster. They have a larger lung capacity which makes it easier for them to take in oxygen. They are taller which is a pretty big advantage in a lot of sports especially swimming. There are more but those are the ones that I remember. So a male that transitions into a female will still carry all of these advantages. I honestly don' see what the big deal is with just saying that you can be whatever gender you want to be but you compete with people in your sex. No different than weight classes and stuff. Sports are about balanced competition. We shouldn't worry about the feelings of the very very small minority if it is going to negatively effect biological women.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I was saying in another thread that this is acceptable.

I believe trans should get virtually all rights except for when their genetics play a part in giving them an unfair advantage. I can’t imagine how the cis women in sports would feel. Let’s think about equality. By allowing trans to compete in their chosen identity, I think you’re putting them on an unfair pedestal.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts