Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think with Wade Barrett & Big Zeke moving to Smackdown, is there any other wrestler from Raw you would like moved to Smackdown & get a new start?

for me I say David Hart Smith with them pushing Tyson Kidd on Raw towards the U.S. Title I think give DH a chance on Smackdown at I.C. Title. And also move Zack Ryder & maybe reform his tag team with Curt Hawkins.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
DH Smith put on some great matches over on Sunday Night heat & velocity.

Wow, great idea. I never thought of him coming over to SmackDown. He could easily be a face who can work inside the ring. Just a generic guy looking for a feud or something, who is eventually inserted into the IC Title picture. Man, I like it. Rep coming your way.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Yoshi Tatsu. Let him job on the Smackdown side of Superstars.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Babyfaces

Smackdown is low on Babyfaces alot more heels then faces. Lets look what smackdown currently has

Main Event/Upper Mid-Card

faces
Edge
Big Show
Mysterio
Kofi
Christian(Injured)

Heels
Ziggler
Kane
Rhodes
McIntyre
Barrett
Swagger

I think they need to move someone from Raw to help even out the Upper-Card maybe R-Truth Or Bourne would be good choices to me

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DH Smith put on some great matches over on Sunday Night heat & velocity.

Wow, great idea. I never thought of him coming over to SmackDown. He could easily be a face who can work inside the ring. Just a generic guy looking for a feud or something, who is eventually inserted into the IC Title picture. Man, I like it. Rep coming your way.
I could see him wrestling McIntyre, Swagger or Rhodes and putting some good matches with them.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Smith really should be added to SmackDown! on the face side. The guy can go for sure, so just build up that he's the son of the British Bulldog so he'll get a few cheers, then allow him to put on quality matches. No problem.

Ryder to SmackDown wouldn't be a bad idea either. He's charismatic and has all of the catchphrases that I feel the crowd would love to say along with him, so he could be another one to fill out the midcard area on the blue brand.

At the same time, I'm not a big fan of random trades when we also have the draft.

edit - I merged the two threads because the topics seemed very similar and the same responses were going to be given.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I would turn Ted DiBiase face and sends him to Smackdown, it could benefit him a lot because Smackdown gives their midcarders more exposure and he needs a fresh start BADLY.

·
I like me
407 Posts
Re: Babyfaces

Smackdown is low on Babyfaces alot more heels then faces. Lets look what smackdown currently has

Main Event/Upper Mid-Card

faces
Edge
Big Show
Mysterio
Kofi
Christian(Injured)

Heels
Ziggler
Kane
Rhodes
McIntyre
Barrett
Swagger

I think they need to move someone from Raw to help even out the Upper-Card maybe R-Truth Or Bourne would be good choices to me
You left Del Rio off the heels too...but you could also add Undertaker and Big Zeke to the face side of things. Jackson is getting hype videos and will more than likely enter as a lashley-esque dominant face. Undertaker is injured, yes, but so is Christian and you included him. When the rosters are fully fit it is actually quite balanced (7 aside.) The problem is that there are injuries at the moment, so it comes across as Smackdown needing another face moved over from Raw, but they don't really. With injuries, it just means booking more triple threat feuds involving 2 heels to a face, or bringing one of the lower card faces up to push to at least midcard in the absense (letting other talent prove themselves.) People like Masters, JTG and Trent Barretta should have been given a somewhat small push to fill the shoes of others during this time, and to a point they were (Masters had a small stint with Rhodes, Trent got a match against Drew.) Also, remember the current tag champs are faces, so they can show up too to add balance when needed.

You also need to remember that whilst the heels are younger, they too could be injured at some point, and if we get to the point with a fully fit face roster (yeah, I know with Mysterio, Taker and Edge that is unlikely, but HAS happened in the past) then it would look like the faces outweighed the heels.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hawkings and Ryder to reform over on Smackdown! Maybe even Ted Dibiasi to move over and reform with Cody Rhodes. Then there's 2 established tag teams over and SD and then 2 over on Raw being Santlov and The Uso's. This then gives the tag team division more hype. Then the specualtion of Gabriel and Slater over on Friday nights and Monday nights having Husky Harris and McGillicutty. Would be pretty decent.

You then have the Main Event scene on both shows. The Miz on RAW as the Champion with Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, John Morrison and Sheamus as the up card. Edge on Smackdown as the champion along with Kane, Barrett, Del Rio, The Undertaker and maybe Dolph Ziggler (Hopefully). This then means the shows are even.

Midcard on RAW with Daniel Bryan main man with Evan Bourne, R-Truth, Tyson Kidd. Pretty lack of midcarders to be honest. With a decent enough push i'd like to see Darren Young have a go and see what he can do. Smackdown! then have Kofi Kingston, Drew Mcintyre, Jack Swagger and Chris Masters.

Then you have The Big Show and Rey Mysterio that just dont lose.

Could see both shows being same par with a little work. No more 'B' show me thinks..

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ryder, DiBiase, and DH could really shine on Smackdown. I'd like to see a (face) DiBiase/ (heel) Cody Rhodes feud, that could be great, lots of material to work with there.

Here's a shot in the dark: Percy Watson. I think that he performed well enough on NXT to get a shot at the main roster. And he'd also help out Smackdown's weak face situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts