Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
The toxicity is

What is even more hilarious is that if you transported both AEW and the 2019 version of WWE back to the year 2000 along with their respective fanbases, they would both get utterly destroyed in the ratings by the 2000 version of WCW which pretty much says it all as far as the product both companies are putting out.
WWE and AEW are doing better business wise now than WCW were doing in 2000. Also 2000 was the biggest boom period in us wrestling since the 1950s and yet WCW were struggling to keep afloat having to cancel the nearly 30 year running Saturday night, stop running Thunder as separate entity and basically ending houseshows.

WCWs biggest show of the year drew 6,500 in a building setup for 15,000 and 44,000 on ppv, a free week with no wwe ppv. WWE this year put 75,000 in metlife and 2 million watching on network and remember as stated there isn't millions upon millions of wrestling fans watching another wrestling show on next channel over today that could be enticed to watch if you create a half decent show or storyline.

·
Registered
453 Posts
HOW do you make a list of AEW superfans and leave out @LifeInCattieClass??!!?!?!

View attachment 81881
U aware brah? Yeah yeah yeah. In hindsight I should have thrown him and that looper dude in your team but I just slapdashed it together with the names in the thread. I'll book it better next time.

The Wood is the most hated guy in this section for a reason. It's beyond the point of just wanting AEW to be better or feeling let down at this point. The guy clearly has agenda against the AEW. Him rooting so hard against the company makes him come up with these ridiculous theories and excuses.

Don't be fooled by him. It AEW closed down tomorrow he would be as excited as if he won the lottery. He would throw a party and run the streets screaming with excitement. Other wise he would waste the amount of time he does around here talking AEW. He's got a unhealthy hate obsession for AEW at this point. Anyone can see that by looking at his posts. Thank I no longer have too.:)
I disagree although I can see where you're coming from. I know you've had your back and forths with him and I enjoyed your multiple post exchange quite a bit actually minus the personal stuff.
I disagree with him in that he thinks AEW will be going out of business soon but I think he says it because he doesn't think they'll change. I don't think he wants them to fail he just thinks that they will. Anyway, it feels weird to talk about someone like this who will likely read the post and defend himself so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally I think AEW is far off from going out of business but I am definitely concerned for them if their current trend continues which to me is only reasonable. However I think the PTB at AEW have started to realize that they need to have some cohesion and a proper identity and will make the necessary adjustments this year. I like that they are down to earth and willing to change things, to me that shows a lot. In moderation of course, if they change everything at the wims of the fans then that also shows they have no direction.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
AEW will need to change their current business model to turn profit but in terms of getting fans to buy the shows they do run they are doing terrific.

Of course to turn a profit they would need to run alot more shows especially ppvs and hope they continue at the current level of ticket and ppv selling

·
Banned
894 Posts
The Wood is the most hated guy in this section for a reason. It's beyond the point of just wanting AEW to be better or feeling let down at this point. The guy clearly has agenda against the AEW. Him rooting so hard against the company makes him come up with these ridiculous theories and excuses.

Don't be fooled by him. It AEW closed down tomorrow he would be as excited as if he won the lottery. He would throw a party and run the streets screaming with excitement. Other wise he would waste the amount of time he does around here talking AEW. He's got a unhealthy hate obsession for AEW at this point. Anyone can see that by looking at his posts. Thank I no longer have too.:)
He's worse than the "DeathIsBecoming" guy who was finally banned. His overly-long diatribes of "here's why I'm right and you're wrong" is beyond acceptance at this point. Really, who is he writing these for? If he thinks it helps him prove his "opinions" with stats, figures etc. and whatever other analytics he can pull out of his ass, he's certainly wasting his time, seeing as more of us are choosing to ignore him. Here's a real fact for him to acknowledge. I don't know if he's been aware (yes, I'm being sarcastic), but most of Australia is on fire. Maybe he could take all of that pent up energy lecturing us here about why "AEW sucks" and do something positive to help try and save his country.

Why is it that all the haters cannot answer my one simple question I ask dozens of times, asking, "Why do you watch if you think it sucks?" I absolutely hate the "hilarious antics" of The Big Bang Theory and that hate has increased by about 1000% since the show went into syndication, being on almost every other channel, over and over. And guess what? Guess what? I don't watch The Big Bang Theory. Oh yes, it's true. I had an epiphany quite a while ago and I was shown that if one doesn't like The Big Bang Theory, though shalt not watch The Big Bang Theory. Others might see this differently though. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
He's worse than the "DeathIsBecoming" guy who was finally banned. His overly-long diatribes of "here's why I'm right and you're wrong" is beyond acceptance at this point. Really, who is he writing these for? If he thinks it helps him prove his "opinions" with stats, figures etc. and whatever other analytics he can pull out of his ass, he's certainly wasting his time, seeing as more of us are choosing to ignore him. Here's a real fact for him to acknowledge. I don't know if he's been aware (yes, I'm being sarcastic), but most of Australia is on fire. Maybe he could take all of that pent up energy lecturing us here about why "AEW sucks" and do something positive to help try and save his country.

Why is it that all the haters cannot answer my one simple question I ask dozens of times, asking, "Why do you watch if you think it sucks?" I absolutely hate the "hilarious antics" of The Big Bang Theory and that hate has increased by about 1000% since the show went into syndication, being on almost every other channel, over and over. And guess what? Guess what? I don't watch The Big Bang Theory. Oh yes, it's true. I had an epiphany quite a while ago and I was shown that if one doesn't like The Big Bang Theory, though shalt not watch The Big Bang Theory. Others might see this differently though. Just food for thought.
The haters do answer. You probably just have them on ignore.

I watch (and pay for it) because I like a lot of it. I also criticize because I think it has potential to be that miraculous perfect wrestling show we have all wanted. Saying everything is amazing won't push Kahn and The Elite to get better, it will create complacency and create a stale company, exactly like the other company you guys keep telling us to watch. Now answer this for me because nobody else has.. Why do you not want AEW to reach its full potential? Why must it continue to be a niche product aimed at a very small amount of wrestling fans?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts

Exactly, like I don't really like what Raw or Smackdown are doing. That said I'll still casually watch when I have nothing else to watch. Most of the time I think it's terrible and say why am I watching this junk. But that's the end of it. I don't go to Raw or Smackdown forum and trash the shows. Or act like a troll and root for it to fail. While I have no interest in NXT, so I don't go on there forum either. Reason is, because I don't like it or care about it. If I don't like something or care about it. Then I'm not gonna spend hours of my day trashing it.

IMO you have to have some pretty serious issues to be someone like the Wood. Like coming here spreading negativity and trashing show every chance he gets. With these long posts with his terrible bias opinions and theories. Well you have to be pretty sick in the head to get enjoyment over that.

The best thing I did was put the guy on Ignore. Now I can't see a single thing he posts. There's nothing that waste your time more then spending time arguing with stupid people. Which I shouldn't be calling him names anymore. Because the guy clearly has some issues and I hope he leaves or gets banned soon. So he can find happiness in life.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,808 Posts
I watch both WWE and AEW each week.

My honest opinion, WWE is putting out absolute trash. AEW is doing a better job of putting out more watchable material.

The problem I am having with AEW these days is that it started out a little more of a serious company, and after a few weeks, they have started to put out WWE level stupidity. For example, that boring bullshit that was Jericho's birthday bash. That was cringeworthy garbage. I like Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus (Marko Stunt can go fuck a kite), but, really, fucking dinosaur group, wow.

·
Banned
894 Posts
The haters do answer. You probably just have them on ignore.

I watch (and pay for it) because I like a lot of it. I also criticize because I think it has potential to be that miraculous perfect wrestling show we have all wanted. Saying everything is amazing won't push Kahn and The Elite to get better, it will create complacency and create a stale company, exactly like the other company you guys keep telling us to watch. Now answer this for me because nobody else has.. Why do you not want AEW to reach its full potential? Why must it continue to be a niche product aimed at a very small amount of wrestling fans?
I'm sorry, but if you think the answer to my question, is replied to with more questions, then it's a lost cause. Again, I do not put users on ignore. I will ignore what the users have to say, but I also won't answer or reply to it. Yes, you may see me as being the guy who doesn't want to listen to anything negative a user posts, but it's very much past the point of being able to carry on a conversation. We can't. It's impossible because there's always "that guy" who's willing to derail the post and sending it over a cliff. That's why the only thing you see me posting here, is for the haters to just stop. Either watching or complaining. It's really not that hard.

My answers to your questions are simple.

Second question first.
AEW was already a niche product when it was created and launched. Although they have TV deals in places around the world, they have not given much information on anything regarding an overseas tour, except a UK mention a few weeks ago. I mean, it's obvious that they will tour, sooner or later. Don't forget, this company is only, in the fans eyes anyway, 14 weeks old, just over 3 months. AEW has accomplished a lot in those 3 months, regardless of what the haters try and enlighten us with. Is everything AEW all bad? No. Is everything AEW all good? No. Although you, even have to admit there's been much more good than there has been bad. The bad, has been bad, but made worse by those same countless number of users, who will only dwell on and point out, how bad "X" was this week. Everything is investigated like a crime scene. If you're only looking for the bad stuff, that's all you're going to find and talk about. They will continue to grow. They will continue to make mistakes. They will continue to make this company a success. Give it time.

First question second.
I don't think anyone here has said that they want AEW to be at the highest point of wrestling perfection because that's just not a possible achievement to reach for. I also don't think that anyone here has said that everything is amazing either. Nothing will ever be perfect in wrestling. There are always going to be mistakes and errors along the way, just like we all have differing opinions on what we/you/me/I enjoy. It's all subjective. No one person is correct. No one person is incorrect. Opinions are not facts. There is an even smaller group of users who wish AEW would just go out of business. Get rid of all the women because womens wrestling sucks. Those users are only here to troll. What I cannot understand, is what the haters actually want? It seems to change by the week. It's either too much and then it's not enough. It's good, but not as good as it should be. It's improving, but still sucks. Why did they do this, when they should have done that. Wrestler "X" is a joke, so how can we take him seriously. And again, depending on your viewpoint and opinion of those "issues", you make up your own mind and either accept it and move on, or stop watching the product. How much time are you willing to wait, for it to get better? You have mentioned that you're already paying a good amount of money to watch AEW, so if you don't think you're getting your money's worth, then stop handing over the cash.

Look, AEW will never be as bad, or awful, or great, or perfect, or amazing as some users would have you believe, on both sides of this "argument". I do hope that the company is successful. There is a lot of potential going forward. They have the right people in place. They have great financial backing. They have a great roster of all different types of athleticism and abilities, some better or worse than others. They are trying to give us something different, by presenting you with a very diverse group of wrestling stars and wrestling styles. Some known. Some unknown. Nobody appears on TV and is, right then and there, a star. Maybe you could argue the fact that a certain situation or angle, does make a star, but it's the follow-up in the weeks and months ahead, that determine whether that star will continue to shine. That is what AEW has been doing so far. Allowing everyone to have an equal playing field, to show the world, what they have to offer the viewer. The only place they can go from here, is up. Some will agree. Others will disagree. That's AEW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've watched AEW a couple times. It's alright but certainly not anything I'd go out of my way to watch.
I think Impact is more interesting than AEW from what I've watched. WWE does have too much back stage bullshit going on, but you can't beat the quality or the quantity.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,531 Posts
Wrestling fans are weird.

It's also pretty funny how we all shit on Raw's ratings and their ratings in 2019 powered the USA Network to being the most watched/highest rated cable network out there, in the all important demo, too.

Wrestling fans gonna wrestling fan. There is a reason they are looked down on by the general public.

As for AEW; I watched the first 6 episodes and it just did nothing for me. So, I don't watch it or post about it anywhere. And when I say that, I actually mean it, unlike the fans who say they don't watch WWE anymore and won't be posting about it anymore, but they still do both nonetheless every single day and week.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Wrestling fans are weird.

It's also pretty funny how we all shit on Raw's ratings and their ratings in 2019 powered the USA Network to being the most watched/highest rated cable network out there, in the all important demo, too.

Wrestling fans gonna wrestling fan. There is a reason they are looked down on by the general public.

As for AEW; I watched the first 6 episodes and it just did nothing for me. So, I don't watch it or post about it anywhere. And when I say that, I actually mean it, unlike the fans who say they don't watch WWE anymore and won't be posting about it anymore, but they still do both nonetheless every single day and week.
Nah, more like most wrestling fans are a bunch of arrogant idiots. Imagine talking shit about a company "dying" and comparing ratings to 20 years ago and then get slapped in the face with a cold hard reality check when reading "Actually USA n etwork credits RAW for being the most-watched cable network".

No wonder i don't know many wrestling fans IRL, most are bunch of basement-dwelling idiots.

Imagine being so mature to give something a chance, not like it, and stop watching and talking about it... nah man.. one must obsess over how much it sucks and convince others it sucks as well.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I love AEW but it definitely has it's faults and things it could improve. The inconsistent DQ thing with the refs for one and the women's division for another, that match on this week's Dynamite is the perfect example of both.

But once I gave constructive criticism of AEW and somebody called me a 'WWE apologist' and told me to go back to the WWE forum. Yeah bro, it's not like my fave wrestler is in AEW and I'm invested in them or anything lmao. Like, fuck off outta here with that. I also criticize WWE a lot too haha.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts