Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't owe AEW a damn thing. I get that fans are excited that theirs a company out there that's drawing decent crowds in the U.S and something that is trying hard to be a true alternative to the WWE but I'm just not feeling their company overall. Yes, their shows in my opinion are better than the WWE but that's not saying much.

In my opinion, Imact and NWA Power have been much better than both those shows and I still shit on them when they goof up like I do for AEW. To be honest, most people don't post when they have good things to say. That's just the way it is, just like most people who like their job don't go out of the way to go to job review sites unless they have something negative to say to vent.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
When AEW had that bad rating last time half the board was critiquing them on how to get better. There's difference between that an wanting them to fail.

And WWE does indeed suck. This is pretty much a matter of fact now. Clinical, dispassionate. But I am more than happy to exclude NXT from that.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
It's been ok for over a decade to say WWE sucks and not have anyone white knight defending said company. If you even hint or foreshadow any element of AEW being poor you are labelled a troll or not understanding the business.
The vitriol from AEW fans reminds me of the tna section before it became a wilderness.
Wrestling can be awful regardless of which promotion it operates in. If you keep putting AEW on an untouchable pedestal then if it does fall the jackals will enjoy it even more.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Honestly I think there's only one real way to fix this...............

WAR GAMES!!!

It's going to be....

Team AEW Super Fans...
@Garty, @Reggie Dunlop, @MJF, @rbl85, and @shandcraig

VERSUS!

Team AEW Critic...
@The Wood, @Cult03, @Chan Hung, @bdon, and @BigCy

It's going to be Submission or Surrender! It's going to be live! And it's going to be ONLY...ON....PAY...PER...VIEW!!!!!
That’s hilarious, because my friends at home would call me Team AEW Super Fan all the way. I go out of my way to defend them in real life with my friends, hoping to sway them away from Vince’s BS.

On here, I only critique as it feels like a sanctuary. I can’t bitch about it in the real world, or else my friends and family would never give it a chance. This place should be a sounding board. There is far that I love than dislike about the show, but there is enough to be said for the good qualities. My main two gripes with the show are Omega being the team player to a fault and hurting his career, and Cody‘s never-ending chase to prove WWE was wrong about him and NJPW never gave him the shot he felt he deserved like Omega.

·
Premium Member
11,172 Posts
I don't owe AEW a damn thing. I get that fans are excited that theirs a company out there that's drawing decent crowds in the U.S and something that is trying hard to be a true alternative to the WWE but I'm just not feeling their company overall. Yes, their shows in my opinion are better than the WWE but that's not saying much.

In my opinion, Imact and NWA Power have been much better than both those shows and I still shit on them when they goof up like I do for AEW. To be honest, most people don't post when they have good things to say. That's just the way it is, just like most people who like their job don't go out of the way to go to job review sites unless they have something negative to say to vent.
I don’t think anyone considers you as a troll in all honesty. You make very good point about the product and it’s clear you watch it. No need to try and explain yourself imo.

·
Ω Champion
4,081 Posts
WWE has been terrible for a decade.
AEW has had two regular shows in months.

Yes, you are right OP. WWE is pure garbage.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts

WAR GAMES!!!

It's going to be....

Team AEW Super Fans...

VERSUS!

Team AEW Critic...

It's going to be Submission or Surrender! It's going to be live! And it's going to be ONLY...ON....PAY...PER...VIEW!!!!!
You, Chan Hung and Bdon aren't haters or trolls like the other two guys are. Nobody is ever complaining about being fair and critical at times. The other two guys are beyond that and just dislike AEW and rooting against it. Which makes them very bias and have ton of excuses. They don't to be in the same match with you guys. They should be cleaning toilets at the arena with you guys having the match.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
The same thing happened with the TNA forums to the point the people running the forum pulled the TNA forums down for a few hours just to piss off all the TNA fan boys.
Reality is if you stay off the forums and just watch the shows(same applies to WWE) you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts

WAR GAMES!!!

It's going to be....

Team AEW Super Fans...

VERSUS!

Team AEW Critic...

This has to be the most pointless thread i have ever seen p;retending to not be a troll topic. I know you're having fun but you just called me a aew super fan. That says enough how delusional this thread is and people that are not the general users in here

Its so bad and delusional i wont be wasting another post in it. Enjoy

·
Registered
281 Posts
From my personal perspective, AEW is a recent start up, so is likely to have faults. They have done really well so far with the little time they've had. Sure, some things aren't perfect, but can we expect absolute perfection from some acts which are literally brand new to a mainstream audience?

As for WWE, I personally think it is a far better product than it was 10 years ago. During those times, it was the remnants of Super Cena burrying new talent, awkward Sheamus with his toilet brush hair and the end of WWECW. For all of its faults, the talents available now with WWE is far superior. Performers aside, the writing is still terrible and there is simply too much out there for someone that works full time and has obligations. Sure, I catch up on Youtube and read results, but I cannot find the time or will to actually watch an episode of Raw or Smackdown anymore. For me, I prefer the indy style that AEW, NJPW and ROH provide, therefore would only dream of actually watching an NXT PPV, besides drinking games during Wrestlemania with friends if I have holiday.

Are either promotion perfect? Not at all. But AEW is a new thing which shows promise, whereas WWE has been on the decline overall (talent aside). For me, it will be AEW every time (unless they pull a TNA).

·
Registered
8,372 Posts

You seem to owe Impact a lot 😂

·
Registered
453 Posts
You, Chan Hung and Bdon aren't haters or trolls like the other two guys are. Nobody is ever complaining about being fair and critical at times. The other two guys are beyond that and just dislike AEW and rooting against it. Which makes them very bias and have ton of excuses. They don't to be in the same match with you guys. They should be cleaning toilets at the arena with you guys having the match.
Thanks for that. To be fair though I know Woody just feels let down by AEW and feels they should be trying to be bigger than they are and that their current model isn't realizing that. He is more than apt to defend himself though. As far as Cult he actually watches and spends money on the PPV's which is more to say than even some of the people who tout themselves as fans.

All in all I like to hear every side. I like pretty much every post because I like to see all sides of a situation and I like to see varying opinions and arguments. You're easily one of the better or best pro-AEW posters as you actually build logical arguments and defend your views without getting your balls in a knot.

This has to be the most pointless thread i have ever seen p;retending to not be a troll topic. I know you're having fun but you just called me a aew super fan. That says enough how delusional this thread is and people that are not the general users in here

Its so bad and delusional i wont be wasting another post in it. Enjoy
Relax fam. You're right I'm just having fun. Don't get so hung up on the name of the team man, it was just a joke. Your posts tend to be overall pretty balanced and I know I've "liked" quite a few of your posts. Anyway, have a good day.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,882 Posts
When someone is a fan of something they of course are going to defend as much as possible. Nothing wrong with that.

Most of us know that AEW isn't perfect. It has its flaws and we admit to them fairly, but we choose to look at the positive things instead of dwelling in negativity. At least for me, reading so much repetitive negativity in the WWE sections gets old after awhile.
Just to further this point, I very rarely go into the WWE sections any more, unless there’s some news brewing that might be of interest to me. I don’t watch WWE at all, I hate the product, I hate what they’ve done to wrestling in general and their presentation in particular, I’ve already done my complaining about it, so there is absolute zero point in going in there now to either see or contribute to the negativity.

As far as being a fan of AEW, I’m with you — I know it has its flaws, and I’m usually not shy about it when I see them. But I say it once, then move on. Otherwise, the many things I like about the product AS IT IS far outweigh the few things I don’t. I cannot reconcile how the people who do the constant criticizing if the same crap can call themselves fans of the product who want it to succeed; most of them sound to me like fans of some kind of wrestling who want and expect AEW to be something it’s not. And that frustrates the crap out of me. Being critical is one thing; demanding that a product be something entirely different from what it is is something else altogether. And let’s not even go into spinning the ratings to fit all these ridiculous narratives. It’s unreasonable, it’s annoying, and it’s an utter waste of time. And THAT is why many of those posters are on my ignore list.

WAR GAMES!!!

It's going to be....

Team AEW Super Fans...

VERSUS!

Team AEW Critic...

HOW do you make a list of AEW superfans and leave out @LifeInCattieClass??!!?!?!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
AEW have flaws and qualities like the WWE.

Now here is the big difference between the AEW and WWE : One is a 40 years old company and the other was created 1 year ago.

If an adult and a kid does mistakes, with who are you going to be the most patient and understanding ?
Of course you're going to be patient and understanding with the kid because he still don't have enough experience, it's the same here for AEW.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Just to further this point, I very rarely go into the WWE sections any more, unless there’s some news brewing that might be of interest to me. I don’t watch WWE at all, I hate the product, I hate what they’ve done to wrestling in general and their presentation in particular, I’ve already done my complaining about it, so there is absolute zero point in going in there now to either see or contribute to the negativity.

As far as being a fan of AEW, I’m with you — I know it has its flaws, and I’m usually not shy about it when I see them. But I say it once, then move on. Otherwise, the many things I like about the product AS IT IS far outweigh the few things I don’t. I cannot reconcile how the people who do the constant criticizing if the same crap can call themselves fans of the product who want it to succeed; most of them sound to me like fans of some kind of wrestling who want and expect AEW to be something it’s not. And that frustrates the crap out of me. Being critical is one thing; demanding that a product be something entirely different from what it is is something else altogether. And let’s not even go into spinning the ratings to fit all these ridiculous narratives. It’s unreasonable, it’s annoying, and it’s an utter waste of time. And THAT is why many of those posters are on my ignore list.
Yeah, it's the constant negativity, by the same people, in the same threads, show after show, that really irks me as well. It's utter chaos at times. All they do is hammer you over the head with this notion that AEW fans are delusional (they love that word) and blind if you can't see, whatever it is they see. It is not an opinion when you state it as fact. They just won't give up, until all the fans of AEW are gone because that way, they can use that freakin' echo chamber they keep awarding us with, to talk shit, only to each other, all day long. It's getting close to that point now. Shhh, don't tell anyone this, but I created a post last night, in what I would call, "an appeal", for the Moderators to take a look around the boards, clean up, suspend, warn, set some real rules to adhere to, keep a closer eye on things and stop it before it becomes a problem. You know, basic message board stuff. And then sometime overnight, POOF, the post had magically vanished. No reply. No PM's. No feedback, etc. It would seem to me then, that things are perfectly fine the way they are. Huh, but what do I know?

I also don't watch Raw or SmackDown, but I'll usually read about it. If there's something to see, in my own opinion of what I think is good or bad, I'll take a look at it on YouTube. However, the one thing that separates myself from them, is I'm not running to the WWE boards to point out the smallest of instances of error, or stupidity. Granted, I did shit on the embarrassing, idiotic, juvenile, pointless and obvious desperate ploy used, begging, to try and get any type of mainstream "hey look what we did" feedback, for the "wedding" that was on Raw this past Monday. Absolute garbage, is about the only way I can sum that up.

For the life of me, this is the easiest part that the haters just cannot understand... if you don't like what you're watching, turn it off, change the channel, watch a PPV or special event from years past that you enjoyed, go outside, something, anything... and after all that, you still don't like it... JUST STOP WATCHING... Problem solved. (y)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Thanks for that. To be fair though I know Woody just feels let down by AEW and feels they should be trying to be bigger than they are and that their current model isn't realizing that. He is more than apt to defend himself though. As far as Cult he actually watches and spends money on the PPV's which is more to say than even some of the people who tout themselves as fans.

All in all I like to hear every side. I like pretty much every post because I like to see all sides of a situation and I like to see varying opinions and arguments. You're easily one of the better or best pro-AEW posters as you actually build logical arguments and defend your views without getting your balls in a knot.

Relax fam. You're right I'm just having fun. Don't get so hung up on the name of the team man, it was just a joke. Your posts tend to be overall pretty balanced and I know I've "liked" quite a few of your posts. Anyway, have a good day.

The Wood is the most hated guy in this section for a reason. It's beyond the point of just wanting AEW to be better or feeling let down at this point. The guy clearly has agenda against the AEW. Him rooting so hard against the company makes him come up with these ridiculous theories and excuses.

Don't be fooled by him. It AEW closed down tomorrow he would be as excited as if he won the lottery. He would throw a party and run the streets screaming with excitement. Other wise he would waste the amount of time he does around here talking AEW. He's got a unhealthy hate obsession for AEW at this point. Anyone can see that by looking at his posts. Thank I no longer have too.:)

41 - 60 of 78 Posts