Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since rvd's injury is a work, taking the belt off of him, and making a tournament screws everything up.

kurt angle's angle is now over

jeff hardy, ken anderson are doing nothing

abyss, the worst wrestler in tna, is now the focal point. arg.

plus a tournament only means something if there are 8 participants. not 4. having a tournament on impact, and finals at the ppv is okay too.

----------------------------

what i would do now:

give the belt to the #2 guy: Jeff Hardy

have mr. anderson turn on jeff hardy, continuing their fued and having a hardy vs anderson match at BfG, hopefully for the title, since thats the only way for this ken anderson stagnation from the face turn angle can pay off.

kurt angle vs samoa joe at next ppv, kurt angle vs abyss at BfG, kurt angle vs champion ken anderson at the ppv after BfG.

--------------------------

instead we will have kurt angle go through the whole roster and win the tournament and become champion. then what? main event BfG against abyss? i hope not.

jeff hardy vs ken anderson might face off in the finals, which will be meh!, or they'll have a simple non-title grudge match at BfG, killing anderson's and later the pope's momentum.

hopefully we will have fortune vs ev20 at BfG, and ev20 gtfo and stays out after that.

---------------------------

TNA is a mess right now

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
This tournament thing could work if booked properly.

But honestly, the last time the WWE tried something like this, Wrestlemania 4, it blew in their face.
Last time WWE tried something like this was Survivor Series '98 and it worked a treat and got Rock over as a mega heal.

But I agree, this TNA title torny is lame, random and overall stupid booking imo.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
The tournement makes perfect sense... if Angle advances he faces the guy who he would have had to face anyway if the tournement wasn't going.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
How is it stupid? You want something different. There it is. They should do a tournament of all the top rankings every year to determine a number one contender for the title going into Bound For Glory.

IWC wants TNA to be more realistic, why not have a playoff tournament to advance to the big stage, Bound For Glory?

Why is everyone even bitching about Kurt's angle (no pun intended) being over? None of you liked it since it was predictable and now they bring in the tournament which is unpredictable and it's still a problem.

Fact is, nothing will make any of you happy.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
So, would you rather have RVD not show up to defend it at No Surrender and Bound For Glory then? That sure makes alot of sense.

·
Banned
127 Posts
plus a tournament only means something if there are 8 participants. not 4. having a tournament on impact, and finals at the ppv is okay too.
TNA is a mess right now
How many tournaments are there on TNA? Last time i checked there was the tournament for RVD's belt and there were 8 participants..unless you are blind from jerkin off too much.
Anyway, you are pissed off because they don't follow your instructions. Honestly, i read your 'what i'd do' part and i would not follow them either.

Fact is, nothing will make any of you happy.
Wise words

·
Registered
665 Posts
TNA is doing everything possible to make their World Championship seem credible. They've started with the Ranking System and they are continuing to use this system to keep meaning to the belt. Whether RVD's leave is a work or not, it has no bearing of the fact that right now the championship is vacant and their is a void that needs to be filled.

Sure TNA could do a larger tournament and have 16 people instead of 8, but wait a second... theres only 10 spots in the top 10 (TEN) ranking. That means that a larger tournment would have put 6 guys in who don't belong there. So you have a 16-man tournament and Jeff Hardy the number 2 guy gets eliminated, but Eric Young the number 16 guy goes all the way to win it. Does that make sense with the Ranking System... No it doesn't.

Someone else mentioned that they should just give the title to the next in line, but wait. That would mean that he didn't earn the championship in a match. That sounds very similar to how HHH became the World Heavyweight Champion. That tarnishes the credibility of the championship.

The 8 Man Tournament that concludes at Bound For Glory is the absolute best scenerio for TNA to go with the championship. You keep the dignity of your ranking system while also building a storyline that plays out over 6 weeks. After No Surrender you will know for sure what the main event is for TNA's Biggest Pay Per View, and you will be able to experience the build up going into Bound For Glory.

I am please with how this is being handled, and wish that other people around here would think before they type.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
TNA is doing everything possible to make their World Championship seem credible. They've started with the Ranking System and they are continuing to use this system to keep meaning to the belt. Whether RVD's leave is a work or not, it has no bearing of the fact that right now the championship is vacant and their is a void that needs to be filled.
The problem is what TNA has done is cauing the exact opposite effect, the WHC has become less credible in the past year. Lesse...

WWE HOF rings became more important than the belt earlier this year.
TNA decided a guy who just signed with the company barely a month earlier should be the champ.
The ranking system ended up (predictably) being a complete joke.
The champ clearly didn't give a shit in the ring until his old buddies from ECW were given contracts.
Either TNA creative forgot about RVD's contract and/or RVD wouldn't drop the title (both are plausible) forcing them to vacate the belt.
The first round of the tournament were practically squash matches.

There's probably more, but TNA's WHC has definitely degraded in value due to bad booking, poor planning, and RVD's poor workrate.

edit-

Also, when was the last time they had an actual, long running fued for the belt?

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
They've done the title vacated tourney angle to death multiple times with every title in TNA, so really not a fan of the tourney. Still is going to end up with Angle winning the belt, and don't be surprised if somehow the BFG main event has RVD in it.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
The problem is what TNA has done is cauing the exact opposite effect, the WHC has become less credible in the past year. Lesse...

WWE HOF rings became more important than the belt earlier this year.
TNA decided a guy who just signed with the company barely a month earlier should be the champ.
The ranking system ended up (predictably) being a complete joke.
The champ clearly didn't give a shit in the ring until his old buddies from ECW were given contracts.
Either TNA creative forgot about RVD's contract and/or RVD wouldn't drop the title (both are plausible) forcing them to vacate the belt.
The first round of the tournament were practically squash matches.

There's probably more, but TNA's WHC has definitely degraded in value due to bad booking, poor planning, and RVD's poor workrate.
Your talking out of your ass now. Congrats. Nothing here made any sort of sense.

-The HOF were never holier than the title.

-Barely a month? RVD signed in March, he won the title after LockDown which was late April. Besides, that same argument could be made for Sheamus winning the WWE title.

-Having the fans vote on it, didn't turn out well but it as not a joke. And for someone that bitches about originality, you should shut the fuck up about it.

-You continue to talk nonsense. Keep while looking stupid doing it, I enjoy it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
haha so pleased i come to the TNA section every now and then. it's always nice to find a new sig.

a tournament is an entertaining way to do things, just with how many superstars hop into the picture. not that awful of an idea.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I like the tournament. I also like the fact that it allowed the angle storyline to be dropped. It was a nice idea, but really, there was no way he was losing, so you are just sending your best guys out there to job to him every week when everyone knows who is going to win. At least there is a chance he doesn't win the tournament, and even if he does, the tournament does a better job of setting up future feuds for the losers. I also don't see where the TNA title is losing credibility, it is as credible as it is going to get (not that I really think of 'titles' as anything more than a prop to further storylines and characters anyway, but thats besides the point).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Your talking out of your ass now. Congrats. Nothing here made any sort of sense.

-The HOF were never holier than the title.

-Barely a month? RVD signed in March, he won the title after LockDown which was late April. Besides, that same argument could be made for Sheamus winning the WWE title.

-Having the fans vote on it, didn't turn out well but it as not a joke. And for someone that bitches about originality, you should shut the fuck up about it.

-You continue to talk nonsense. Keep while looking stupid doing it, I enjoy it.
wow so defensive and angry, btw rvd signed in march and won the belt in april, which month

comes after march? oh yeah april, wow one month later, also its predictable since angle

isnt going to lose a match or he retires its pretty clear hes going to win the tournament

and the belt. Also comparing sheamus to rvd title win, i agree they both won it too early

but next time judge tna on its own merits instead of resorting to comparing it to wwe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts