Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has posted a casting call for a new season of Tough Enough to be aired on the USA Network:
http://www.realitywanted.com/call/9196-are-you-tough-enough-for-wwe-casting-now
Are you TOUGH ENOUGH to become the next WWE SUPERSTAR?

WWE and the USA Network are bringing back the hit reality competition show Tough Enough! One competitor will earn a WWE contract and be the next WWE Superstar!!!

Casting Producers are searching the world to find extraordinary men and women with the following qualities:

- CHARISMA
- PERSONALITY
- ATHLETICISM
- AGILITY
- STAMINA
- STRENGTH
- And an INTENSE DESIRE to be the next WWE SUPERSTAR!

If you believe you have what it takes to not only earn the contract, but excel in World Wrestling Entertainment... Apply now.
PWInsider says that they probably won't be filming until February or so and then have the show debut in the spring next year.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Could be good. If they are going with the old Tough Enough format where there is no kayfabe whatsoever. I pray for a Molly Holly return to be a coach on Tough Enough!

Reactions: BambiKiller

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could be good. If they are going with the old Tough Enough format where there is no kayfabe whatsoever. I pray for a Molly Holly return to be a coach on Tough Enough!
I agree with this. The best thing about Tough Enough was the realism of the training. I really enjoyed watching them not only train in the ring but also enjoyed watching them learn to develop characters.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Seems like a cop out to me... There are plenty of people they can raid on the indies, but of course nobodies with no experience they can train down in FCW are so far cheaper.

14,478 Posts
Seems like a cop out to me... There are plenty of people they can raid on the indies, but of course nobodies with no experience they can train down in FCW are so far cheaper.
Well they did find some decent people from Tough Enough before. One is the WWE champion right now. So I don't mind this. Who knows? They may find the next big thing.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Because noone on the Indies ever aplied to Tough Enough? This is strictly for TV purposes. Whether or not the guys on the show are as good as Roderick Strong (random Indie guy I've heard of) is irrelevent. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Well they did find some decent people from Tough Enough before. One is the WWE champion right now. So I don't mind this. Who knows? They may find the next big thing.
I always thought Miz should've won instead of Puder. :p

But yeah a few names have been decent, but of course with the good you get the bad. And I don't fancy watching clueless rookies making an idiot of themselves. (Yeah that includes NXT :p)... I'll give it a try when it returns, if I don't like it I won't watch it simples. :D

If they can find another Matt Morgan then it's all good :p

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I loved the original as a kid. I can't remember it in detail but I remember enjoying Al Snow and Bill DeMott in series 3. I also remember when Bob Holly beat the stuffing out of that kid in series 2. It lost its appeal by series 4 though and didn't really pay much attention to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvyfEW9zra4

That was a HUGE highlight from the first series.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've always had a problem with the concept of Tough Enough and the WWE farming system. They are just teaching the same style to every single wrestler and they will come out of it as bland as can be. Instead of just scouting the indies where wrestlers are trained by many different people in different styles, they seem to just want to create the same wrestler over and over again. That is no way to create and nurture future stars.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I loved the original as a kid. I can't remember it in detail but I remember enjoying Al Snow and Bill DeMott in series 3. I also remember when Bob Holly beat the stuffing out of that kid in series 2. It lost its appeal by series 4 though and didn't really pay much attention to it.

Damn I don't remember ever seeing this. Excellent stuff.

I'm all for it returning, it gives a fascinating insight into what the training is really like and with all the kayfabe elements removed. NXT has run its course now and this would be a refreshing change.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yeah such Legends as Daniel "I could have shootet in the Rumble and won" Puder. But seriously like the idea, and it's not like they everwere treated after that like the next big thing, most got Jobbed out, Miz remained and Morrison, and Melina and that short Guy on NXT Commentary.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
i've always liked this concept ... training cost a lot of money and usually you have to move to another place, this all you need to do is go in and impress.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I always thought Miz should've won instead of Puder. :p

But yeah a few names have been decent, but of course with the good you get the bad. And I don't fancy watching clueless rookies making an idiot of themselves. (Yeah that includes NXT :p)... I'll give it a try when it returns, if I don't like it I won't watch it simples. :D

If they can find another Matt Morgan then it's all good :p
I hope Eli Cottonwood can try out for Tough Enough!

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
More inexperienced green guys is what we need. Thanks Tough Enough for giving us unforgettable names such as Maven, Christopher Nowinski and many more.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Funny to see Josh Matthews in that video.

I've got the first season on DVD and always like going back and watching it every now and then. The entire non-kayfabe thing made it work and it was a fun show. If they can keep it like that, it's got great potential. If they try to make it NXT-like, it'll be horrible.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

I remember that! That and the Hardys and Lita appearing on Tough Enough. What the hell happened to Maven? He seemed to be doin ok in 2003 but I don't remember after that.

And was that guy who was no sellin HHH's punches is he one of the security guards in TNA?

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
If it stays the same it will be good and very interesting.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I remember that! That and the Hardys and Lita appearing on Tough Enough. What the hell happened to Maven? He seemed to be doin ok in 2003 but I don't remember after that.

And was that guy who was no sellin HHH's punches is he one of the security guards in TNA?
Maven worked on a home shopping network. Think he still does.

Im assuming you mean gunner and Murphy and neither Micheal Cole (Murphy) nor Chad Lail (Gunner) appeared in Tough Enough.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts