Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am not even fan of Sonya of Asuka, but getting your match nixed for no good reason at the last minute basically really sucks. Then both ended up at Pre Show battle royal and they didn't even win the match. It ust suck to be a woman in WWE not named Charlotte or Becky.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Yea Id be pissed if I was Sonya. Asuka too. Screwing them out of a major match just to justify Charlotte being in the main event is so stupid

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Fast forward a few months and Asuka is now the Jobress of Tomorrow
She pinned Becky this week.

Sonya and Mandy have fallen off big time though (well, they were never that high up, but there were attempted pushes earlier in the year) They weren't even drafted in October. That goes to show how much they are now to the WWE.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
She pinned Becky this week.

Sonya and Mandy have fallen off big time though (well, they were never that high up, but there were attempted pushes earlier in the year) They weren't even drafted in October. That goes to show how much they are now to the WWE.
She is far from a jobber.
Didn't she tap out I think the week before that? Anyways if she pinned Becky means she is gonna tap to her again very soon.

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
That doesn't make Asuka a jobber even if she wins or loses against Becky.
It severely undermines Asuka's credibility though, losing against Natalya.

And RAW is absolutely hurting right now in terms of needing a top heel among the women. If Becky goes through Asuka, there is no one left for her to face. They could TRY to turn Charlotte heel again, but the crowd is going to completely reject that matchup since we've only seen it like 6275 times in the past year.

There's also a small chance of Ronda returning, but considering she's not even bringing eyes to the product or even Total Divas like they were expecting, I dunno if that's in the cards anymore. Plus it would likely be for a one off, which Becky would win, and we would just have the same problem of Becky having cleaned out the entire division.

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
I can't even get that mad about it.

I mean yeah it would have been nice for Sonya to get that moment and I think her and Sonya have good chemistry. But they did nothing to make the SD Women's Title matter going into that show.

Even if this match did happen, could have just been a kickoff match or if it did make the main card, it would have gotten maybe 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
It severely undermines Asuka's credibility though, losing against Natalya.

And RAW is absolutely hurting right now in terms of needing a top heel among the women. If Becky goes through Asuka, there is no one left for her to face. They could TRY to turn Charlotte heel again, but the crowd is going to completely reject that matchup since we've only seen it like 6275 times in the past year.

There's also a small chance of Ronda returning, but considering she's not even bringing eyes to the product or even Total Divas like they were expecting, I dunno if that's in the cards anymore. Plus it would likely be for a one off, which Becky would win, and we would just have the same problem of Becky having cleaned out the entire division.
There's a theory going around that the rumours of Becky/Charlotte vs Asuka/Kairi at TLC is done to facilitate Charlotte in the future.

Becky/Kairi can be done because they can play the whole Kairi never actually tapped out card.

There is teases of Becky/Baszler. In the Survivor Series build they haven't touched once.

I don't buy that Ronda is truly gone.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I don't know how you get Sonya vs Asuka being tanked from the video when Sonya clearly says..

"We were the last team in the chamber match. Now were not even in the tag title picture?

Sonya was talking about her and Mandy not being in the fatal 4 way tag match at WM.

As for Asuka, yeah im sure this is when they told her she drops it to Charlotte and your gonna be in the preshow now...fuck.

The video is chopped up or edited. There's a jump cut in the vid. I want to see the full video. I guess I have to watch(gulp) Total Divas

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Considering the fact that WWE spent the majority of the RTWM shitting on the SmackDown Women’s Title (Having two SD wrestlers talk about the RAW Women’s Title on SmackDown of all places, etc) instead of just doing Charlotte vs Asuka, it’s not really a surprise that they scrapped it.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Honestly I'd have been cool with Asuka vs. Sonya at least. That could have been fun.

Asuka got fucked over hard in all of that.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,729 Posts
Asuka vs Sonya would have been great. I'm all for a Sonya push as I think she has tons of potential. Charlotte didn't need the title going into WMania.

But I can't complain too much about that, because we wouldn't have gotten #Becky2Belts if it didn't happen lol.

After all that, Becky didn't even hold all the gold for more than 30 days. Vince killed the Undisputed Champion thing so fast. Becky2Belts should have gone 90 days. :sadbecky But yeah, Asuka was fucked over no matter how you look at it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts