Wrestling Forum banner

Who do you think is today's top pro wrestler?

• John Cena

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Bobby Roode

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Daniel Bryan

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Kurt Angle

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Triple H

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Sheamus

Votes: 1 1.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Obviously it's Cena, but I'm sure you folks have your varying opinions. He may not be the Champion, but he's still WWE's official "posterboy", and draws huge ratings. In fact, I have to admit he's one of the best workers right now.

Punk? What only made people think he's overcoming Cena's popularity is his shock value, but look at his performance in current ratings: he's an average draw. He has yet to prove everyone that he can carry the company; meaning SCSA vs Punk in WM29 won't be a good idea.

D-Bry? Fad, in terms of his current "Yes" heat. Still has potential though.

Bobby Roode? I'd say his third, but he's in TNA. You know, you gotta be in the most powerful business to make the greatest impact. Pro wrestling is predominantly corporate so the bigger dog always wins.

Brock Lesnar? He's only got a temporary presence. I'd say he serves more like a enhancer to draw more heat in the lackluster roster.

The Rock? Same as Lesnar.

Triple H? His political BS (yes, I don't really see him becoming a future owner in real life) is pretty much creating an impact, but he's wrestling persona is almost retired.

Kurt Angle? Perhaps, him representing the Olympics raises his bar, but age is his issue right now.

Sheamus? This is not 2009.

Let me know if there's more credible wrestler I need to add.

But if there's someone who's going to lead the future generation, I'm guessing it's someone not signed in TNA and WWE yet. I may sound all philosophical here, but it's gonna take a messiah to rejuvinate the wrestling business.

NOTE: Forgot to add Brock and Rocky. ucking poll errors. I wish there's a way to edit it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cue Daniel Bryan lovers to swamp this thread. Yawn.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bobby Roode is the best in the business not only the U.S

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Roode, just a shame a lot of ppl here probably don't watch impact

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Punk, followed by Bryan and Angle

·
Banned
852 Posts
Daniel Bryan, and it isn't even close, IMO.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Bobby Roode? I'd say his third, but he's in TNA. You know, you gotta be in the most powerful business to make the greatest impact. Pro wrestling is predominantly corporate so the bigger dog always wins.
So there was no point in putting him in the poll?

Anyway top 5 today to me in no order are: Roode, Aries, Punk, Bryan and Bully Ray.

·
Banned
690 Posts
The answer is John Cena. Anybody who votes otherwise is one of the following:
A moron
A mark
Deluding themselves
A troll

In any case, they're still wrong.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Austin Aries, because El Generico is Canadian.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Roode, just a shame a lot of ppl here probably don't watch impact
After watching some of his promos, I can see why.

Depends what you mean by wrestler. If you mean pure wrestling, it's Bryan, if you mean something important like mic skills, personality or character, it's Punk.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
The answer is John Cena. Anybody who votes otherwise is one of the following:
A moron
A mark
Deluding themselves
A troll

In any case, they're still wrong.

LMAO!!!!!!!! And this is coming from the guy that finds Leo Kruger entertaining!

Back on topic, I will say Daniel Bryan for best Pro Wrestler. Cena wins for Best Superstar. And if you don't know the difference between the two, then oh well.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
What are we talking about here? Wrestling ability, drawing ability, overall impact on the business, etc.?

Wrestling-wise, it's Daniel Bryan, hands down. Anything else-wise, it's Cena, hands down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.