Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit: Lords of Pain.com

Kurt Angle stated during an interview this afternoon with The Fight Show in Canada that his existing contract with TNA Wrestling expires in August.

If Kurt Angle were to leave TNA that would be the biggest blow ever to the company because whilst he may not be bigger than Hulk Hogan in terms of stature or mainstream appeal but for me Kurt Angle is the single biggest signing that TNA have ever made and is their best all round in ring performer. There have been a lot of people to come in to TNA and do it mainly for the money as they were past their best but Kurt Angle is a different story and has been something special in TNA.

Obviously now the "Kurt Angle to WWE" threads will start almost straight away but i don't know if he would go back there because i don't see Vince McMahon giving him the light schedule that he would need or the backstage power and creative influence he is allowed to have in TNA. On the other hand the fact that TNA are pushing this storyline with Jeff Jarrett and his ex wife Karen hard may be the final straw for Kurt Angle because there is a boundary which has been well and truly crossed by TNA in this feud which may make Kurt Angle think that the crazy booking and boundaries crossed is a step to far and thus see him back in WWE.

· Banned
6,181 Posts
I would like to see him end his career in WWE with a schedule similar to HBK/Taker/HHH. He doesn't need to be on every single fucking program. Less is more.

· Banned
6,181 Posts
I could definitely imagine him wanting to do WM30 in MSG as a possible retirement match.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
if angle returns to wwe he would be the one person at mania i could see still possibly ending taker's streak. that would probably be one hell of a great match. it really would be huge especially if angle won and then retired for good after it. with angle in tna for so long though i don't know if vince would put him over someone like taker. but honestly he's probably the one legitimate guy that is good enough and highly respected enough that could beat the streak. with them pushing this kind of angle i can honestly say i wouldn't be surprised if he jumped ship back to wwe. there really imo is no place for this and it went a bit too far. if that kind of thing happened to me i would have tried to get out asap.

· Banned
6,181 Posts
Kurt leaving TNA would be a hugh blow to the Promotion & The Wrestling Business in general.

NOT looking forward to seeing Kurt Angle dance in the ring with The Uso's.
Of course, because shitty MMA gimmick matches are so much more entertaining. At least with him dancing he'll protect his body, unless he pulls a muscle of course.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
I don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon, but I could easily see him ending his career in WWE.

All of these guys like Christian, Booker, Nash, etc, all go back eventually for that big check and stage.

· Registered
3,177 Posts
He's already stated, he will work backstage if he retired tomorrow. My god, not everyone wants to retire in WWE.
Amen, everybody on here has this strange obsession with wanting everyone to retire in WWE. I hope when Kurt retires he has a backstage role in the company, hopefully as like a "head agent" type who helps put together the matches. He could announce too.

· Banned
8,974 Posts
I think that Kurt has invested to much of himself in TNA to just leave it and join the competition. That guy loves Dixie and on numerous occasions has said he would always be involved with TNA in some capacity but who knows, $$$ talks.

· Premium Member
46,600 Posts
I would be surprised if he left TNA for WWE. He strikes me as being happy where he is and doesn't want to be put under the strain of the WWE schedule.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.