Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are tons of good ones, but if you had to narrow it down to three, from November 1997 through April 2001, what would they be?

My order is:

3- Chris Benoit v. Chris Jericho - Ladder match, Royal Rumble '01
2- Mankind v. The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell match, King of the Ring '98
1- Stone Cold v. Triple H - Three Stages of Hell match, No Way Out '01

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's an Austin v Angle match that was Smackdown that was pretty great too. It was right near Austin retiring.
Gonna have to look that up. There are some hidden classics on Smackdown in 01/02

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
1. Austin-HHH 3 Stages of Hell
2. Austin-HHH-Mankind triple threat at Summerslam (Jesse Ventura ftw)
3. Undertaker-HBK HIAC

Honorable mention to Rock-Mankind I quit, because that was just brutal.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
The Rock V Stone Cold - WrestleMania 17
Edge & Christian V Dudleyz V Hardyz - WrestleMania 17
Undertaker V HBK - HIAC or Cactus Jack V Triple H HIAC

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
The Rock vs. Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17 really should be everyone's number one. It WAS the Attitude Era.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,534 Posts
1. The Rock vs Steve Austin - Wrestlemania X7

2. Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz vs E & C - Summerslam 2000

3. 6-Man Hell in a Cell - Armageddon 2000

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
1. E&C vs HB vs Dudleys; WM 17.
2. The Rock vs SCSA; WM 17
3. Chris Benoit vs Y2J; RR 2001

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I'm having a difficult time at the moment just picking my top three favorite matches as there are so many but I will list the most significant matches of March '98 - April '01.

Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin - WrestleMania XIV
The Undertaker vs. Mankind - King of the Ring 1998
The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WrestleMania X-Seven

Honorable mentions: Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon Raw 04/13/1998 and The Rock vs. Mankind Raw 01/04/1999

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels @ Bad Blood 1997
Triple H vs. Cactus Jack @ Royal Rumble 2000
Steve Austin vs. The Rock @ Wrestlemania 17

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'd say the three most important matches of that era were Shawn Michaels/Undertaker in the first ever Hell In A Cell at Bad Blood which was basically the match that really ushered in the era, Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Undertaker in their First Blood match at Fully Loaded which was personified the whole era and Austin/McMahon and then Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Rock at WrestleMania 17 which was the peak and biggest match of the era.

If i had to choose the best three matches of that era instead of the biggest or most important then i would still go with Shawn Michaels/Undertaker in the first ever Hell In A Cell at Bad Blood as in my opinion it's still the best match that match concept has ever seen and is still HUGELY entertaining to watch now fifteen years later. I would then go with Stone Cold Steve Austin/Triple H in their Three Stages Of Hell match at No Way Out which was the start of an epic series of matches that year for Stone Cold Steve Austin and is arguably the best match of each mans career. The final choice would be a straight fight between TLC 1 or TLC 2 with Edge and Christian, The Hardys and The Dudleys at Summerslam 2000 and WrestleMania 17 but i'm hard pushed to choose between them so i'll cheat and throw them both in as a tie.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Royal Rumble 2001
scsa v rocky - wm17
Undertaker v mankind - hell in a cell

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I'd say the three most important matches of that era were Shawn Michaels/Undertaker in the first ever Hell In A Cell at Bad Blood which was basically the match that really ushered in the era, Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Undertaker in their First Blood match at Fully Loaded which was personified the whole era and Austin/McMahon and then Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Rock at WrestleMania 17 which was the peak and biggest match of the era.

If i had to choose the best three matches of that era instead of the biggest or most important then i would still go with Shawn Michaels/Undertaker in the first ever Hell In A Cell at Bad Blood as in my opinion it's still the best match that match concept has ever seen and is still HUGELY entertaining to watch now fifteen years later. I would then go with Stone Cold Steve Austin/Triple H in their Three Stages Of Hell match at No Way Out which was the start of an epic series of matches that year for Stone Cold Steve Austin and is arguably the best match of each mans career. The final choice would be a straight fight between TLC 1 or TLC 2 with Edge and Christian, The Hardys and The Dudleys at Summerslam 2000 and WrestleMania 17 but i'm hard pushed to choose between them so i'll cheat and throw them both in as a tie.

If we're counting 1997 then Taker/HBK without question is #1 for me. (Y)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock - WrestleMania X-Seven
Undertaker vs Mankind (Hell in a Cell) - King of the Ring 1998
Edge & Christian vs Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania 2000

1 - 20 of 28 Posts