7. Dzudszák (PSV)
8. Götze (Dortmund)
9. Özil
10. Neymar (Santos)
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

· ......................... .
7,875 Posts
erm Sanchez at number 1??????? Messi and Ronaldo are far above Sanchez

couldnt pick a top 10, but even in your one you dont have any defenders or goalkeepers, and surely you have to include xavi, iniesta, vidic, casillas amongst others

· Registered
8,606 Posts
This is the EVER list? :eek:
I'm not going to go with Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff, Van Basten, Beckenbauer, Best and all them because I haven't seen them properly. All I've seen is highlights.
I picked who I think are the greatest players that I've seen a lot of and are from my generation.
I'm not gonna spoof and say ''Ahh, Puskas. A terrific striker.''

· Registered
1,122 Posts
It's hard to pick the top 10 player tbf. People from different generation's will have there own views. Plus you can factor in the styles of play and the change in the game over past 60-70 years.

My current top 3 would be Messi, Ronaldo and Villa. Messi is untouchable, he is the total player.

· SMILEY GOD
28,274 Posts
lol @ huskyharris's list, i'd basically go with the exact same top 7: though klose is a strange choice:

1. Lionel Messi
2. Andres Iniesta
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Xavi Hernandez
5. David Villa
6. Arjen Robben
7. Nemanja Vidic
8. Wesley Sneijder
9. Ashley Cole
10. Gerard Pique

There's no truly stand out goalkeeper atm. Even the best two, Cesar and Casillias, have been error prone in the last year.

Rooney was an easy top five this time last year. Jack Wilshere will be on this list in a couple of years. So will Gareth Bale. All time (from what i've seen), 4 stand out - Ronaldo (R9) and Zidane >>>>>> Messi and Henry >>>>>> Anyone else. You can't put Messi or C Ronaldo on a par with Zidane or Ronaldo until they light up the international stage. Neither have done so (yet).

The GOAT though is Maradona - look at what he did for both Argentina and Napoli.

· Registered
4,257 Posts
Messi is the best player today but he's still not on the level of Zidane, Ronaldo, and even Figo--if we are to talk of recent history. As Seb said, Messi hasn't done anything for Argentina yet. 2014 World Cup will decide Messi's all-time legendary status.

I'm not going to go with Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff, Van Basten, Beckenbauer, Best and all them because I haven't seen them properly. All I've seen is highlights.
I picked who I think are the greatest players that I've seen a lot of and are from my generation.
I'm not gonna spoof and say ''Ahh, Puskas. A terrific striker.''
Yeah, I realized that; just odd you didn't mention it. ;)

· In the Heat of the Moment
34,936 Posts
Messi
Xavi
Iniesta
Cristiano Ronaldo (hate including him)
Nemanja Vidic
David Villa
Gerard Pique
Maicon (trying to do every position, and he was the best RB last year, IDK about this year though)
Ashley Cole
Wesley Sneijder

honorable mention goes to Xabi Alonso, because I totally love that guy.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.