Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#10 Vladimir Kozlov

Vladimir Kozlov debuted on Smackdown and he was pushed to the moon. He was on a huge undefeated streak. He was main eventing with guys like Triple H and Jeff Hardy and it actually looked like he would capture the WWE Championship someday. However, after getting owned by Undertaker on Smackdown, he has since gone downhill. The only memorable things he has done since is being part of Regal's stable on ECW. Before that it looked like Kozlov was going for a Russian Military trained character (which I think would have been a great character for him) but it was cancelled.

#9 Chavo Guerrero

Why is Chavo on this list? Chavo and Eddie started a team as Los Guerreros. They were a great team and captured tag team gold several ocassions. After Chavo turned on Eddie and they have a match at the Royal Rumble, Chavo captures the Crusierweight Championship 3 times. However, this is where the downfall of Chavo begins. He loses the ECW Championship at Wrestlemania in 8 seconds and loses the Crusierweight Championship to Hornswoogle who he will have a feud for nearly half a year.

Chavo simply shouldn't be in the position that he is today. He is great in the ring, good on the mic and comes from a great legacy. He has to the tools to be Intercontinental and United States Champion.

#8 Elijah Burke

Elijah Burke started a singles run on ECW. He will eventually become the leader of the "New Breed" and start a feud with the "ECW Originals". Burke had the tools to be a big player in WWE. He was great on the ring, decent on the mic and had a decent look. Shortly after The New Breed was over Burke went downhill. After a while, he stopped appearing on TV. Burke will eventually be released of his WWE contract.

#7 Chris Masters

On February 21, 2005 edition of RAW, Chris Masters was introduced to the wrestling world. Masters had the look and a great entrance. He wasn't a Ricky Steamboat in the ring but he got the job done. He quickly became one of WWE's fastest growing stars. He had the Mastelock Challenge, faced off against future Hall of Famers in matches on RAW and on PPV and even got a spot at the Wrestlemania card teaming up with Carlito. Since then it pretty much went downhill for Chris Masters. He started pursuing the Interconinetal Championship but he was forced to leave to rehab since he had become addicted to pain killer. When Chris Masters returned, he had lost most of his muscle mass and appeared much more slimmer. Even Triple H commented on Masters' drastic change during a backstage segment. He did gained some muscle mass eventually. However, Masters was losing matches to the likes of Super Crazy and Jerry "The King" Lawler. The key moment that destroyed whatever credibility Masters had left came when Bobby Lashley broke The Masterlock. He lost to Santino (who had won the Intercontinental Championship by luck thanks to Bobby Lashley) three times in row.

Chris Masters was drafted to Smackdown and for many fans this was a sign that Masters push will be renewed. However, Masters has been suspended twice shortly afterwards for violating the drug policy and was released.

Chris Masters gets another chance when WWE re-hires him in 2009. However, his re-debut was very uncreative. Today the best thing Chris Masters has going for him is his dancing pectorals. Although he is still fairly young, I don't see him reviving his career anytime soon.

#6 Cryme Tyme

When Cryme Tyme debuted in the WWE they quickly became one of the most popular teams. After months of famous backstage segments, vignettes and winning matches, they finally got a shot at the World Tag Team Championships. However, the feud was short lived because of an incident that lead to Cryme Tyme's release.

Cryme Tyme later returned (still as popular as before) to the WWE. They would get multiple shots for the tag team titles agaisnt teams like John Morrison & The Miz, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase and JeriShow but they fail to capture the gold.

Finally, shortly after Wrestlemania Shad turns on JTG thus ending the team. Cryme Tyme is easily one of the worst, if not the worst, ways WWE has booked a team.

#5 Carlito

When Carlito debuted on Smackdown, he quickly made an impact by defeating John Cena for the United States Championship. On his RAW debut, he captured the Intercontinental Championship. He was rising to the top fairly quickly. Carlito would have matches with the likes of John Cena, Shawn Michaels and Triple H during his run on RAW.

Carlito turns face after Wrestlemania 22. Although he didn't play a bad role as a face and was fairly over, Carlito disliked the role. Carlito will turn back into a heel about a year later. He formed a short tag team with Santino Marella shortly after his feud with Ric Flair (which he lost) was finished. The team failed to capture the tag team titles.

Carlito was finally drafted back to Smackdown and things seem to turn around. Carlito and his brother Primo capture the WWE Tag Team Championships and will later start a feud with John Morrison & The Miz which lead to a match to unify the title. A match that was later bumped to a pre-show match at Wrestlemania after months of build and team having quality matches on Smackdown on a daily basis. Carlito and Primo won and became the first ever Unified Tag Team Champions. Sadly, WWE creative didn't book the team well and they ended up losing the tag team titles to Edge & Chris Jericho.

Carlito will turn heel once again and job for months until he was finally released for alleged pain killers abuse.

#4 Shelton Benjamin

We all know the story of Shelton. He was part of the World's Greatest Tag Team with Charlie Haas and they had a fairly nice run as a team. Once Shelton Benjamin went to a singles career, he looked like he was going to be huge. However, his inability to deliver on the mic and management getting cold feet on giving him a push on several ocassions pretty much killed his career. Although management could have kept Shelton Benjamin winning and giving him some mic time (you can't improve if you don't practice) they jobbed him out and he never really got any mic time. The only time Shelton showed personality in the mic was during Yoshi Tatsu's debut.

He had a few decent runs as Intercontinental Champion but his United States Championship reign was horrible. Shelton would end up on ECW but again he didn't do much aside from a ladder match with Christian and that's because all WWE saw in Shelton was a guy that can be use for spots. Same reason why he was in Money in the Bank almost every year. He never had a chance of winning.

Shelton was eventually released by WWE.

#3 MVP

You couldn't fall any lower than MVP is right now. He had great feud with guys like Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy on Smackdown as a heel. He is currently the longest reigning WWE United States Champion in history. Many viewed MVP as a main event player at this point. However, that is not the case.

MVP has failed miserably since his move to RAW. He lost a lot of momentum. He switched back to Smackdown but the result is the same. When management pick three randoms guys to face The Straight Edge Society and you lose without making a tag you know you are in trouble. MVP couldn't go lower right now.

The only was I see MVP recovering is if he turns back heel and gets a push on Smackdown. The cheesy "Ballin" babyface needs to go.

#2 Muhammad Hassan

The controversial Muhammad Hassan. Muhammad Hassan quickly rose to the top. He became one of the top heel on RAW in a few months. He would even compete in matches with likes of Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels. Hassan was schedule to win the World Heavyweight Championship from Batista at SummerSlam but a controversial incident that had Undertaker being attacked by masked terrorist the same day of the London bombings. His character and push was killed instantly.

#1 The Great Khali

He squashed The Undertaker in his first PPV match. How many people can say that? The Great Khali was an unstopable for in the WWE for a couple of years. He even captured the World Heavyweight Championship once (during a time were the Smackdown roster was killed by injuries). Today The Great Khali is a goofy, dancing, kissing giant that even loses to Dolph Ziggler on PPV. Although Khali is still in a good position with the company due the fact that he is marketable in India.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Khali not on the list?

it's a pretty big fall to going from the most dominant force in the entire WWE, and a World Champion, to a comedy fest who does nothing more than kiss girls and hit guys over the top of heads. he's barely even on TV these days.

in my opinion, he fell lower than MVP. by far.

plus, Kevin Thorn/Mordecai? don't you have to go high up so you can fall? they never really pushed him that much.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
I would put Shelton higher on the list. Never have I seen someone with so much wrestling talent in so many aspects doing nothing. I also was never a fan of Carlito. He is one hundred percent responsible for his downfall. Kane and Show were still utilized very well and most importantly, have remained employed. Kind of tragic reading that list.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you made this list very good except id add Muhhamed Hassan on that list. He got a huge push and in the middle of his feud with Undertaker it ended when The same week of the London bombings Hassan and masked terrorists attack Undertaker while SD is apologizing right above the screen for what they are showing at a very untimely moment.

Controversial character over as a heel. Released by reasons out of his control.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
What did Chavo fall from? He's at the same level he's been his entire career. He could bring Pepe to the ring again?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd say Khali would be my #1 seeing as he was world champ at one point but he's now a comedy act.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
I'd say Khali would be my #1 seeing as he was world champ at one point but he's now a comedy act.
agreed. he was pretty much higher than anyone on this list had ever been, because WWE basically labeled him THE most powerful and unstoppable guy in the WWE. and now he kisses girls and smiles like an idiot.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I wouldn't of had Carlito on the list either, he didn't fall he jumped. He didn't really want it did he, he was just there to make some cash then get himself released.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Nice list. Hassan only lasted in the WWE for a few months though. I don't think he should be on that list. He should be on a list of "Biggest Disappointments" or whatever...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I think Kane should be on that list.

Monster heel able to beat the crap out of Undertaker - 12 years pass - jobber able to be beaten by anybody on the roster

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
funny thing bout cryme tyme.

It's been 4 years and they still haven't received the title shots they won at NYR

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Muhammad Hassan was a future world champion... He could easily have been number 2 if he had lasted longer...

Also Chavo did not debut in Los Guerreros... I'm pretty sure he debuted before Eddie came to smackdown in 2002...

Back in 06 or was it 07 Carlito had all the momentum in the world after he had pinned John Cena when Cena was the WWE champion... Then he opened his mouth and got squashed by HHH... :argh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts