Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
21,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for all the RPG heads in the forum. List your favorite RPG's of decade. You can list them by console and list mutiple games as there has been many a great RPG over the past few years.

PS1: Persona 2, Front Mission 3, Legend of Mana

PS2:Final Fanstasy X, Suikoden III, Persona 3, Radiata Stories, Kings Field: the Ancient City

Gamecube: Tales of Symphonia

XBox: Star Wars: KOTR

DS: Etrian Odyessy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy tatics A2

GBA: Tactics Ogre

PS3: Demon Souls

XBox 360: Tales of Vesperia

Multiplatform: Elder Scrolls IV, Fallout 3, Eternal Sonata

I'm sure your list will differ from mines so feel free to post you top RPG's of the decade!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Final Fantasy 10 (ive played through this game a ass load of times)

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 1 & 2 (still waiting for a true sequal :cuss:)

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (love both these game)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Dreamcast: Shenmue 2, Skies of Arcadia
GBA: Fire Emblem, Golden Sun
Xbox: Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2, Jade Empire, Fable, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, Elder Scrolls 3
PS2: Final Fantasy 10, Suikoden 3 & 5, Xenosaga Ep. 1, Dragon Quest 8, Star Ocean: Till End of Time, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Gamecube: Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2
DS: Disgaea DS
PSP: Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
360: Mass Effect 1 & 2, Blue Dragon, Elder Scrolls 4, Enchanted Arms
PS3: Final Fantasy 13, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Marvel Ultimate Alliance

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Best Of all time - Final Fantasy X- Happens to be my favourite game of all time as well

PS1- Final fantasy 8, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of mana , Final fantasy tactics ( i think this was for ps1)
ps2 - Final fantasy x obviously
xbox 360 - mass effect 1 and 2
ps3 - demon souls and Dragon age origins

·
3,248 Posts
X-Men Legends 1 for me... Didn't really like the second one that much. Don't really play games all that much, but couldn't stop playing that one, I think it was a RPG anyways.
I enjoyed both, but I don't think Legends II story was done very well.

Only one I can think of atm is Chrono Cross.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Final Fantasy 10 (ive played through this game a ass load of times)

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 1 & 2 (still waiting for a true sequal :cuss:)

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (love both these game)
I hear you. The Old Republic looks like utter shit. You'd think graphics and animation couldn't possibly get any worse from the first two KOTORs, but apparently they can (not that they were essential elements anyway, but you get my point). Not to mention it's a MMORPG without any chance of an offline storyline. Pisses me off.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I enjoyed both, but I don't think Legends II story was done very well.

Only one I can think of atm is Chrono Cross.
I think the reason I loved the first one to the second is due to roster and as you say the story wasn't executed very well. To me they shouldn't take away from a roster, to include someone new, especially when it comes to something like X-Men. If they managed to include Kitty and Angel (they took them out due to restrictions in powers or something or other) , X-Men Legends 1 was perfect, the second was a disappointment to me. They also kinda ruined it for me, as I really wanted a third, but then they went and did Ultimate Alliance instead.

Alas anything with Gambit, I'll play it :lmao

·
3,248 Posts
I hate Ultimate Alliance for some reason, at the same time I've never properly played it so idk.

They definitely didn't do good with the roster on the second one. I was expecting more people, none of the new people really did it for me other than Magneto. They completely left out Magma who was so important in the first one as well, and I as well am I fan of Gambit haha he's only behind Nightcrawler in terms of my favorite X Men.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
First listed is my choice for best RPG of that year.

2000: Baldur's Gate 2, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Chrono Cross
2001: Final Fantasy X, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Dragon Warrior VII
2002: Suikoden 3, Neverwinter Nights, Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
2003: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dark Cloud 2, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
2004: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Tales of Symphonia, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
2005: Dragon Quest VIII, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Jade Empire
2006: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Suikoden V, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
2007: Mass Effect, Persona 3, The Witcher
2008: Fallout 3, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey
2009: Dragon Age: Origins, Demon's Souls, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
2010: Mass Effect 2, Dragon Quest IX, Resonance of Fate

2011 Predictions: Mass Effect 3, The Last Story, Dragon Age: Origins 2, Diablo 2, The Witcher 2, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
First listed is my choice for best RPG of that year.

2000: Baldur's Gate 2, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Chrono Cross
2001: Final Fantasy X, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Dragon Warrior VII
2002: Suikoden 3, Neverwinter Nights, Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
2003: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dark Cloud 2, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
2004: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Tales of Symphonia, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
2005: Dragon Quest VIII, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Jade Empire
2006: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Suikoden V, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
2007: Mass Effect, Persona 3, The Witcher
2008: Fallout 3, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey
2009: Dragon Age: Origins, Demon's Souls, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
2010: Mass Effect 2, Dragon Quest IX, Resonance of Fate

2011 Predictions: Mass Effect 3, The Last Story, Dragon Age: Origins 2, Diablo 2, The Witcher 2, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Finally finished editing

·
HEADBANGA
21,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great list. I'm a huge Suikoden fan and I've never gotten a chance to even play 5 or 2 due to how freakin' rare that game is. They need to put Suikoden 2 on the PSN store!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts