Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE

Over the last month, Dave Scherer and I have talked about what a big loss Castle would be if the company lost him in recent weeks in the Elite section in the We Don't Need No Stinkin' Name Show.

This morning in my Q&A feature, I responded to a question about Dalton Castle not being utilized in a top position in Ring of Honor and noted that his current deal was expiring this month and he had yet to come to terms with the company on a new contract.

Since that Q&A was posted, we've had several sources reach out to inform us that Castle came to terms with the company and signed a new ROH deal within the last several days. So, Castle is locked in going forward.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/110203/rohdalton-castle-update.html?p=1
Ring of Honor star Dalton Castle may be headed to WWE this summer as his ROH contract expires this month.

WWE has shown major interest in Castle, meaning it would take a major offer from ROH to keep him on their roster.

The 31 year old is known to be a top live show performer and as The Wrestling Observer Newsletter points out, he would have potential to be a real star in WWE.
After losing Adam Cole possibly to WWE, would be another big blow to lose Castle. Guy is charismatic as all hell and can work and while I don't have much faith in WWE (at least the main roster) to use him well, when they want you it's hard to say no.

Also, @DGenerationMC, sorry bud.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
This is an odd one because Meltzer has been reporting a lot about WWE being cautious and not going after anyone that's currently under ROH contract or anyone that's recently left ROH for fears of being called out for contract tampering.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Absolutely no faith in them handling Castle well, they will turn him in Adam Rose 2.0. And I am not sure about all the rumors about these ROH guys coming. I mean, O'Reilly was supposed to be headed to WWE for months and still nothing, even a non compete 90 days clause would have already expired since his contract ended in January. I heard WWE tried to make a move while the guys were still under contract and Sinclair (the owners of ROH) fought back and now WWE is scared of approaching ROH guys for a while

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
I just hope they let him be Dalton Castle as he should be with the boys, if not this is a bad deal for both WWE and Dalton Castle as a performer/character.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
He would be a great hit in NXT. Unfortunately as someone else said he'd probably be Adam Rose 2.0 on the Main Roster.

I was a fan of his when I had ROH TV available before they switched channels. Great feud with Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser.

Dude is super young too if I recall.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is an odd one because Meltzer has been reporting a lot about WWE being cautious and not going after anyone that's currently under ROH contract or anyone that's recently left ROH for fears of being called out for contract tampering.
Absolutely no faith in them handling Castle well, they will turn him in Adam Rose 2.0. And I am not sure about all the rumors about these ROH guys coming. I mean, O'Reilly was supposed to be headed to WWE for months and still nothing, even a non compete 90 days clause would have already expired since his contract ended in January. I heard WWE tried to make a move while the guys were still under contract and Sinclair (the owners of ROH) fought back and now WWE is scared of approaching ROH guys for a while
I don't know about the whole situation, but it's still telling that you see a lot of guys like O'Reilly, Dijak, Rush, etc. leave ROH recently for Evolve, who has a working relationship with WWE. If I had to speculate, I'd assume that WWE/NXT doesn't want to bring too much talent in all at once. I still think we'll see most of those guys in WWE soon enough though.

They've ruined Shinsuke Nakamura. I have no faith in them even using Dalton correctly.
How have they ruined him? They gave him 2 NXT Championship runs, and now he's one of the top players on Smackdown. Now are they using 100% correctly. He's still talking way more than he should. It's certainly not perfect.

But ruined? Ruined would be if he were a jobber getting no reaction on TV. But he's not. He's getting great reactions every week and again, they've booked him to be one of the top acts on Smackdown.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
How have they ruined him? They gave him 2 NXT Championship runs, and now he's one of the top players on Smackdown. Now are they using 100% correctly. He's still talking way more than he should. It's certainly not perfect.

But ruined? Ruined would be if he were a jobber getting no reaction on TV. But he's not. He's getting great reactions every week and again, they've booked him to be one of the top acts on Smackdown.
"Ruined" might be strong terminology but he is just another guy on the roster. Normally, WWE LOVES to do 50/50 with guys they have high hopes for in their debut matches but Shinsuke went 80/20 with DOLPH (Job) ZIGGLER with Dolph taking 80% of the match. The good news is Shinsuke fits in. The bad news? He fits in.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Ruined" might be strong terminology but he is just another guy on the roster. Normally, WWE LOVES to do 50/50 with guys they have high hopes for in their debut matches but Shinsuke went 80/20 with DOLPH (Job) ZIGGLER with Dolph taking 80% of the match. The good news is Shinsuke fits in. The bad news? He fits in.
I didn't like that either, but he's also the guy who was the hot tag guy in his last 2 tag matches, getting the hot tag sequence, and even pinning Kevin Owens twice who was the former US Champion.

Again, it hasn't been perfect. But at the end of the day winning trumps all and they're doing right by him in that aspect. Let's see as the months go on with potential one on one options with guys like Cena, Orton, Styles, Owens, etc.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
:lmao

Wow. What a big acquisition. Jesus Christ, what a disgrace.
right more over hyped indy trash who the IWC will complain about getting buried if he don't win the title within a year.

I tried to be open minded and YouTube this guy. Wow the standards of a big accusation and who should be pushed has seriously been lowered. The guy has a jobber look and a low budget comedy act. Seriously is this the direction wrestling is going? No wonder it's not popular with the casuals and mainstream no more.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts