Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5. Night of Champions - this PPV made sense...when there were 8 different titles to defend. Now, with talks of the IC and US title being unified, we're about to have only 5. Now if I'm not mistaken, usually 4 out of 5 championships are defended at a PPV anyway, so what's the point of having Night of Champions in the first place?

4. Survivor Series - yes, I realize it's one of the original "Big 4", but the classic "team" PPV has now been replaced by a far more interesting Bragging Rights, which happens a month earlier. Vince considered cancelling the PPV this year. Considering this year's buyrates will be as low as last year's, he'll probably regret his previous decision.

3. Extreme Rules - I realize that there's nothing really "extreme" about Extreme Rules, and that it's sole purpose is to bring closure to whatever happens at WrestleMania, but honestly, is it really that nessecary?

2. Hell In A Cell - this is a pay-per-view that SHOULD be a good thing, but it's not. The biggest reason is that we already have the Elimination Chamber, which is a far more interesting and important "cage" PPV. It's basically two world title matches, but with a cage around the ring. Boring, and at times, difficult to see.

1. Over The Limit - by far the most boring and uninteresting PPV WWE has produced in a while. Is there a gimmick? No. Is there a theme? No. Should it even exist? Absolutely not. What is it? A waste of money. 3 hour episodes of Raw are better than this.

And there you have it. If there were 5 PPVs that WWE could trim off their yearly schedule, those would be the three. Either nothing about them stands out, or they are a weaker rehase of an earlier PPV. IMO, the schedule should look like this.

January - Royal Rumble
Febraury - Elimination Chamber
March
April - WrestleMania
May - Fatal 4-Way
June
July - Money in the Bank
August - SummerSlam
September
October - Bragging Rights
November
December - TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs

8 PPVs in 12 months, with 1 every 6-8 weeks. That gives plenty of time to build better fueds, and makes people actually care about buying them.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Fatal 4-Way
Hell in a Cell
Money in the Bank
TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs
Elimination Chamber
Bragging Rights (I know you said 5 but this is one of the most ridiculous ppv's they've produced in some time)

Should be:

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out (can still do the elimination chambers , this just sounds much better)
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Over the Limit (although I have such good memories of Backlash)
May - Judgement Day
June - Extreme Rules
July - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - Night of Champions
Oct - No Mercy
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

·
Registered
189 Posts
im not a fan of any of the match based ppv (hell in a cell, tlc, MITB, ect) i think those ppv could do just as well as 3 hr raw specials. or just leave the gimmick matchs open for the end of a good feud like they were ment to be used; insted of limited to once a year. i would happily buy survivor series if they do it right like they did way back when, bragging rights could just be implemented into the main event of the series. and i was a big fan of the old KOTR ppv's (most of them). im just not a fan of most of the ppv they produce now as it is.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
why would wwe cut down on PVV's? you do realise they make them to make money, right? not to entertain people?
I agree with this. There are really dumb people out there. As long as those same dumbass people buy the PPV no matter what the card is (I'm convinced if Yoshi Tatsu vs Santino was the main event there would be a core of people that buy it) then they shouldn't drop any PPVs. Simply because WWE does not have a way to make up for that unearned money by not having a PPV. And we sure as hell know WWE creative isn't going to help since they are the main reason with what's wrong.

Untrue: If WWE had more time to build PPVs they would be more interesting.

That statement will not be true unless all the creative team got fired (including Stephanie McMahon) and replaced.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Everything except Elimination Chamber, WM , Night of Champions & Summerslam

Bring back King Of the Ring & add a new PPV

Have 6 PPVs a year

1 every 2 months

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
why would wwe cut down on PVV's? you do realise they make them to make money, right? not to entertain people?
Their PPV buy rates have been abysmal lately though, so they aren't exactly raking in the dollars from PPV buys. It would make much more sense to cut some out and have a longer build up in between events so that the audience can actually get into the feuds. I'm sure that would help the buy rates. Also not everyone can afford to buy the shows every month, especially when you have 3 in the space of 6 weeks like they did this year.

My list would be:

Over The Limit - Has no purpose whatsoever. Would not be missed.

Extreme Rules - With the no blood rule in force, this is pretty useless.

Bragging Rights - You have Raw guys appearing on SD, SD guys appearing on Raw. The 2 brands are no longer completely separate entities like they were when the split was first introduced, therefore, this is a redundant concept. This PPV would have worked so much better 7 or 8 years ago.

Hell In A Cell - Like Extreme Rules, a HIAC match just does not work in a PG environment. The match is supposed to be a brutal, hellacious feud ender. It should not be just a regular match with a big old cage around the ring, just for the sake of having the match.

Fatal 4 Way - This match doesn't need its own PPV. They can use the fatal 4 way match at other PPV's if they want to, rather than base a whole show around it.

TLC & MITB - MITB can just stick to being done at Mania and TLC can be used when appropriate. I really don't see the point in gimmick PPV's. It just takes away from the meaning of the matches. I'd keep Elimination Chamber as I feel it works as a build up to Mania.

I'd bring back King Of The Ring as an actual PPV, always loved that one. I'd leave a significant gap leading in to the "major" shows, Wrestlemania, KOTR, Summerslam and Survivor Series. This will allow time to build decent feuds and actually sell the matches, rather than just selling the storylines, something that they seem to do a lot nowdays.

My calendar would look like this

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Elimination Chamber
March -
April - Wrestlemania
May -
June - King Of The Ring
July -
August - Summerslam
Sept - Night Of Champions
October -
November - Survivor Series
December

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Maybe combine the Bragging Rights format with the Survivor Series,which has a much more famous identity.

They haven't done anything special with the Survivor PPV in years.The 2007 even featured rematches from the previous PPV and some pointless elimination matches.2008 featured another Cena/Jericho match and another bout between Hardy and Triple H.Last year's event was very badly promoted.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
5. Night of Champions - this PPV made sense...when there were 8 different titles to defend. Now, with talks of the IC and US title being unified, we're about to have only 5. Now if I'm not mistaken, usually 4 out of 5 championships are defended at a PPV anyway, so what's the point of having Night of Champions in the first place?

4. Survivor Series - yes, I realize it's one of the original "Big 4", but the classic "team" PPV has now been replaced by a far more interesting Bragging Rights, which happens a month earlier. Vince considered cancelling the PPV this year. Considering this year's buy rates will be as low as last year's, he'll probably regret his previous decision.
I 110% Disagree on those two, mainly because those two are in my top 5 favorite PPVs, but also these are two PPV's that have brought great results in my opinion. I am sure they will have more then 4 or 5 championships. Just because they may unify they may unify the IC/US titles, it doesn't mean they won't add more championships or something. Maybe they will bring back the European title. All I know is in my opinion these are my 5 PPV's I want gone forever:

1. Bragging Rights (The crappiest ppv I have seen in a long time, for both years)
2. Over the Limit (completely pointless)
3. Hell in a Cell (Could of been good, but is crap)
4. Money in the Bank (Not the worst but not the best)
5. Elimination Chamber (Its pretty much No Way Out, the name is stupid)

This is what I want the PPVs to be:

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Judgement Day
June - Extreme Rules
July - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - Night of Champions
Oct - No Mercy
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

Would love for King of the Ring to be a PPV again.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
1. Fatal-4-Way
2. Hell In A Cell
3. TLC
4. Bragging Rights
5. Over The Limit

I'm actually fine with Over The Limit though. It's a non-gimmick PPV - good. The only thing I dislike is why it's there over keeping a well established PPV name like Judgment Day. Fatal-4-Way is terrible in every sense, Hell in a Cell is killing the entire gimmick and TLC has both a terrible name and will soon be killing the gimmick also. Bragging Rights serves very little point and just needs merging into one match at Survivor Series.

Elimination Chamber & Money In The Bank are fine in the concepts; just poor naming. No Way Out was a perfect description for the former. Everything else I'm fine with.

·
Registered
395 Posts
4. Survivor Series - yes, I realize it's one of the original "Big 4", but the classic "team" PPV has now been replaced by a far more interesting Bragging Rights, which happens a month earlier. Vince considered cancelling the PPV this year. Considering this year's buyrates will be as low as last year's, he'll probably regret his previous decision.
I'd prefer it if they get rid of Bragging Rights and move the Raw vs. Smackdown match to Survivor Series. I mean if there's a time and a place for a Raw vs. Smackdown tag team elimination match, it makes sense to stick it at Survivor Series rather than at Bragging Rights. I mean I enjoyed it enormously when they first had a Raw vs. Smackdown match at Survivor Series (although unfortunately, that was the year that Eddie died). So sorry, I disagree with you.

I agree with the sentiment that the amount of PPVs need to be reduced. I'm not a big fan of having the same match main event for 3-4 PPVs in a row.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Any PPV based entirely around a gimmick match = shit

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Judgement Day
June -
July - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept -
Oct - No Mercy
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

Reactions: Kratosx23

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
1. Hell in a Cell - Ruined the one match in the WWE that still held some mystique.
2. Fatal-4-Way - lol, seriously.
3. TLC - Although it hasn't been ruined quite as bad as HIAC matches, its close.
4. Bragging Rights - The brand split barely means anything anyway, and we're given little reason to care which brand is "better"
5. Extreme Rules - just bring back Backlash, which was always a strong, non-gimmicky, Wrestlemania follow up PPV.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Bring back the old PPV schedule and bin these gimmick based ones

January - NYR/Royal Rumble
February - No Way Out
March/April - Wrestlemania
May - Backlash
June - Great American Bash
July - Vengeance
August - Summerslam
September - Unforgiven
October - No Mercy
November - Survivor Series
December - Armageddon

·
WF's Real Bad Guy
1,938 Posts
1. Bragging Rights (The most pointless PPV of the year IMO. Especially since SS is generally 2 weeks apart from it)
2. Over the Limit (Never really liked the concept or the name)
3. Fatel 4 Way (If there gonna have this show why not capitalize off of march madness lol)
4. Money in the Bank (Should be exclusive to wrestle mania)
5. Elimination Chamber (I Never liked PPV's in February before wrestle mania)

This is what I want the PPVs to be:

Jan - Royal Rumble
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Extreme Rules
May - Night of Champions
June - King of the Ring
July - Great American Bash/The Bash
Aug - Summer Slam
Sept - TLC
Oct - Hell in A cell
Nov - Survivor Series (Bragging rights would be here)
Dec - Starr Cade

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Hell In A Cell - Watered down garbage. A HIAC without blood = GET THE FUCK.....OUT!

Fatal Four Way - Just saying the name makes me fpalm. Horrible, cheap gimmick = GET THE FUCK.....OUT!

Over The Limit - Another mid year PPV like Fatal Four Way, and the mid year PPV's, whether they're called Over The Limit, The Bash or Fatal Four Way are trash. They are ALWAYS the years worst, most boring PPV's. Creative is at an all time low when these PPV's happen, following WrestleMania and Extreme Rules, the aftermath of WrestleMania. This giant pile of shit covered anal fuck = GET THE FUCK.....OUT!

Tables, Ladders and Chairs - Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just Extreme Rules at the end of the year? Except even lower quality and just as toned down. If you're gonna make more gimmick matches, at least do it in an era where they make sense. WWE is currently rated PG, for Pussy Garbage. Violent matches in a non violent setting make no fucking sense, and that = GET THE FUCK.....OUT!

Elimination Chamber - ANOTHER violent gimmick in the Pussy Garbage era. It does not work. I like the idea of the EC for title matches, I really do, but not now. Not when you castrate the match of everything it should be about. They call the Elimination Chamber the Devil's playground, so I guess we're talking about the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes, judging by how hardcore this match is. If you want to give me a violent match, then give me a violent match, but don't just bate me in and then shit on my face. Elimination Chamber? How about eliminate this PPV? This PPV = GET THE FUCK.....OUT!

The big 4 have to stay, MITB creates more opportunities for rising stars which is always a good thing (if they choose the right ones, this year with Miz, they chose correctly), I like the concept of Bragging Rights but this PPV should be put on the chopping block too.....IF they're just gonna have SmackDown! win every year. Because we ALL know that Raw is the A show no matter what the result is. This is a good concept, but trade it back and forth so that it can stay.

I don't remember what I didn't mention that can stay, but the bases are covered regardless. Everything else is fine, but the 5 PPV's I mentioned must.....

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Everything except Elimination Chamber, WM , Night of Champions & Summerslam

Bring back King Of the Ring & add a new PPV

Have 6 PPVs a year

1 every 2 months
You'd get rid of the Royal Rumble?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Fatal 4 way, its an everynight occurrence so there's no need to make an event out of 4 way matches

Braggingrights, the brand split shouldn't even exist nowadays

Overlimit is pointless

Money in the bank, its all ladder matches too so just have them at TLC

Night of champions, there are too many belts anyway and besides ALL OF THE TITLES should be on the line at every other ppv

·
Registered
544 Posts
Any PPV based entirely around a gimmick match = shit

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Judgement Day
June -
July - King of the Ring