Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we don't include Cena (who would be the obvious choise), who are the top 5 most over and popular wrestlers today?

·
Banned
852 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wadd Barret? Shamous? I'll forgive you for Kofi but come on man...

1 ~ Punk
2 ~ Bryan
3 ~ Orton
4 ~ Sheamus
5 ~ Rey...I guess. RyBack is sadly getting there.
THIS..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
1. Bryan
2. Punk
3. Orton
4. Ryback
5. Mysterio

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The company is shit. They haven't written decent characters for literally anyone (including Cena). Punk was the only one who had potential, but now he's just another Cena side show and a way to try and get Cena cheered.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
In no particular order:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. CM Punk
3. Randy Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Rey Mysterio

What ifs:

- If Kofi Kingston was going strong like he was in the end of 2009 then he would be more over than Mysterio and Sheamus.
- If Santino or Zack Ryder is being pushed then they are more over than Sheamus and Mysterio.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,057 Posts
I agree with an earlier poster who commented that the WWE has done a poor job bringing up guys to actually be over. I saw the list and although some are "over" there just is not a can't miss guy right now. There is potential but no one on the roster now can keep me from flipping over to Monday Night Football if the game is good. I never would have dreamed of that 15 years ago.

I think one major problem is the way they have forced the same 3 or four guys down our throats for the last decade, and steered the company away from being about the title. I think the two world championships has hurt this.

Granted there are guys who are over, but no one is over on the level of the previous generations superstars. Just my opinion.

Bryan is probably the most over, but based on fan reaction who gets a bigger "pop" when their music hits than Santino? That to me is a sad commentary on the direction of the company.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts