Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List in your opinion the top 3 worst finishers of all time:

3. John Cena - FU... basically a weak ass fireman's carry

2. Hulk Hogan - Leg drop... one of the most basic maneuvers of all time was used to defeat some of the greatest names in the business

1. Kevin Sullivan - That move where he jumped on your stomach (don't know the name)... nothing kills the illusion of watching an actual fight like when you saw this guy bust this out and actually get 3 counts because of it lol

Post what you think are the worst finishers!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Playmaker/Overdrive. I wouldn't want Cena to throw me off his shoulders onto my back nor would I want Hogan to jump leg first onto my head, I think I could take the playmaker/overdrive.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The big show's finisher is pretty stupid, as is Tensai's, just grabbing the skull. I actually like Cena's finisher, it's pretty epic when you see him get guys like Tensai and Henry up and pull it off. The samoan spike also falls under the category of stupid finishers...the palm by Great Khali is another... the vice grip... I think you guys can see where I'm going with this.

·
Banned
821 Posts
619 - For obvious reasons . . . .

Also, I always though that Killswitch/Unprettier sucked. Christian's frogsplash also looks terrible...This is coming from a fan too :(

·
Banned
852 Posts
1. Ultimate Warrior's splash
2. John Cena's STF (not a Cena hater, just hate how he applies it)
3. Rey Mysterio's 619

Hogan's leg drop was great

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
619 - For obvious reasons . . . .

Also, I always though that Killswitch/Unprettier sucked. Christian's frogsplash also looks terrible...This is coming from a fan too :(
The frogsplash looks bad coming from him, considering that Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Damn, and D-Lo made the frog splash look as bad ass as it can be. They've all done it so well that it almost makes sense to retire the move lol.

That being said, I actually like the Killswitch but it does kind of look weird when he does it.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
The 619 because of the set up involved for it. But that being said, Rey has had some epic matches and that move has had some innovative ways of being done and countered.

Other finishers I don't like are the brain chop from Khali and the STF that Cena does because he generally can't make it look good unless it's against a big guy.

Also, not a fan of Sheamus doing Finlay's old finisher. It just doesn't look as good. Finlay did it faster.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
1. FU/AA.......just a firemans carry standing up
2. Edges Spear......to small/skinny to be believable
3. Peoples elbow..... a fucking elbow u serious?

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think the 619 is that bad, I've seen people do similar maneuvers in the past to fake out suicide dives, but I never seen someone use it as a part of their offense, plus it does require to a degree some athleticism.... compare that to the leg drop lol.

One more thing, don't count comical finishers plz, while the Cobra for example doesn't look good, Santino is around strictly for comical relief. I want serious finishers here lol.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Santino's Cobra (it's even worse now he takes out former champions like The Miz with it)
Scotty 2 Hotty's The Worm (WTF is this?)
Ultimate Warrior's Splash (I can understand if you are huge in size like Brodus Clay or Mark Henry, but Warrior? Looks terribly shit)

I don't think the FU is that bad. It does look weak but there's far worse out there.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. FU/AA.......just a firemans carry standing up
2. Edges Spear......to small/skinny to be believable
3. Peoples elbow..... a fucking elbow u serious?
Edge's spear is definitely a good one to mention, the only thing that's worse is when Christian does the spear lol.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I was never a fan of the Hardy Swanton, most of the time he over shoots it and just catches the bare edge of the guy lying dowm, Warriors splash, Texas Tornado claw, the GTS (he miss's), there a fair few bt Khali's chop and the Santinos cobra are terrible.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
How about should be finishers?

I always thought Undertaker should have pinned a couple of jobbers with that sweet ass leg drop he does(not the one off the apron I mean leg drop like hogan)
Thing of beauty

·
Registered
578 Posts
1 The Worm
2 The Cobra
3 Any one that needs the assistance of the other wrestler overdrive/619/sin cara's spinny ddt thing they all rely heavily on the other persons cooperation.

Even the AA can knock the breath out of you these are just sad.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
The worst finisher EVER, ever in the history of mankind, and I mean that by FAR is Chuck Taylor's grenade, because it doesn't even qualify as a move. It's just a bunch of campy wrestling acting done for the amusement of a couple hundred people. Thankfully we've never seen something that dumb in the WWE, at least within the confines of a match.

As far as actual, real moves, it's The Worm, which probably hurts less than somebody taking a wet piece of a napkin and peashooting it into your face with a straw.

After that, it's kind of hard to narrow down the 3'rd. I don't like any finishing version of a slam where they CLEARLY hit the mat with the lightness of a feather. A chokeslam is a pretty good finisher when done right, but when it's done on somebody as big as the person doing it, and they can't lift them, that looks HORRIBLE. I would give it to that IF all chokeslams were that bad, but it's not the chokeslam's fault, it's the guy's being so damn big. I'll say The Cobra, I guess.

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
1. 619--What gets me is how guys somehow, always put they self in that position. I mean, you would think after 10 years, a guy would know to move out the way. It's like the most unrealistic finisher ever.

2. Big Show's punch--It's pointless, I mean, I know if he legit punches a guy, he'll most likely knock him out but seriously, if a hand that big punches you, he'll likely do more than knock you out.

3. People's Elbow/Hogan's leg drop--Both are normal ass moves that 2 greats used to end matches. So, I suppose Rock's elbow and Hogan's leg have super powers, that if hit by either one, you can't kick out? Basic moves should never be a finisher, especially when the other difference is the presentation, otherwise the People's Elbow has the same effect of a Ric Flair elbow or a Barry Stevens elbow.

Off topic, but does anybody remember the "real" Attitude Adjustment Lex Luger did back in the day? Another basic move but in 1991, it was a legit finisher and was 10 times better than Cena's Attitude Adjustment.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Worlds Strongest Slam- Even with Mark Henry doing it I don't buy it for one second. Not to mention it was originally used as the finishing move of Mantaur one of the worst wrestlers of all time. This should be the red flag to anybody with a memory that Mark Henry was intended to be the World Strongest Jobber using this finisher. How he ever became a world heavyweight champion is a testament to how terrible WWE has gotten over the years. I'm sure if he came back after the Worlds Strongest expo as Sexual Chocolate again the move would be called the Hershey Falls or something and Spike Dudley would be the first wrestler to kick out of it.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.