Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Heyman discussion, I was thinking who is the top 10 most powerful people in pro wrestling right as we speak.

1. Vince Mcmahon Jr, obviously answer. CEO and chairman of the biggest promotion in the World.

2. Stephanie Mcmahon, Executive Vice President of Live Events,Creative Writing and Talent in the WWE. She basically runs the company. I also put HHH at number 2 by just being a pro wrestler married to her and obviously he helps in the decision making. They are more of a duo but Stephanie has the "official" title.

3.Paco Alonso, owner of CMLL. Let's see he owns his own Arena which holds up to 17,000 "Arena Mexico" and host CMLL events every Tuesday and Friday there. Also held other events such as boxing and the circus. His company gets 90-95% profit off of everything sold in the Arena from merchandise to food to drinks,etc. He has the biggest roster in the world and his roster is less expensive than WWE and TNA roster. That's not counting the number of live events they do every week which he gets a percentage off each event.If that doesn't scream power, then nothing else does.

4.Dixie Carter/Bob Carter, owners of TNA. The second most popular wrestling company on a Worldwide scale. Bob is the money mark of the group,while Dixie actually works with the company making decisions.

5. Undertaker, unlike HHH Undertaker did not have to married the boss daughter to get power. His loyalty,respect for his craft and respect from fellow co workers has let him become a dominant force in pro wrestling. For example, he can sit in the front row of a Brock Lesnar fight, out of character and not get in trouble. Other wrestlers cannot do that. He is also a merchandise machine, other than John Cena you not going to see a guy sell as much. He's been an active main eventer in the WWE for 20 years. That is crazy!!!!!!!

6. Hulk Hogan, he can do his own tour and draw thousands of people. He can get a million dollars plus contract from TNA without an actual title. What is Hulk Hogan title in TNA? All he do is just go on television and talk. He also got countless of endorsement deals,he just did a gaming deal that has nothing to do with TNA.

7. John Cena, biggest draw in pro wrestling hands down. He is a cash cow and been the king since 2006. Nothing is slowing him down.

8. Roldan Family, owners of AAA/PAP. The most popular lucha company in the world. They don't have the type of power Paco has, because they don't have Arena Mexico and is less scarier than Paco. The stars have jump to AAA in recent years because they pay more money and have a bigger exposure. Plus,Paco didn't bow down to their list of demands. Roldans is trying to expand AAA like releasing a video game. Taking over CMLL US Galavision spot was the first big move to come under their regime. AAA dominates CMLL in tv ratings in Mexico.

9. Yukinori Taniguchi,CEO of Yukes. Yukes owns New Japan Pro Wrestling. Biggest company in Japan.

10. Cary Silkin, owner of the biggest indy company in pro wrestling. As an indy wrestler, your first goal and milestone is to compete in Ring of Honor. Ring of Honor to most guys are stepping stones to the big contracts in WWE,TNA and New Japan. ROH now has a weekly tv series,doing ppv's and expanding to more cities.

All these guys are still active in the business. I could of put HBK on the list but he hasn't been actively involve with the WWE since Mania.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its your list but I cant see how Undertaker is more powerful then Cena is right now.
He doesn't take orders from Vince Mcmahon although he is a team player. Mcmahon would never fired him. He's been main eventing the WWE for over 20 years. No drop off, he just main event Mania over Cena in a non title match.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
I'd argue that the Roldans are more powerful than Paco Alonso based on the popularity of their product. I'd also argue that TNA aren't the second-most popular company in the world right now, since either of the top Japanese or Mexican promotions would outdraw then, hands down, on any given night in any city in the world.

Also, Taker isn't the only guy to show up at a UFC event out of character. Several WWE superstars have done it over the years, including Kane, JBL and Shad Gaspard. It's hardly an indication of his power; it's not like he turned up at The Impact Zone on Wrestlemania weekend, climbed the barrier in the middle of a live Impact wearing a TNA T-Shirt and fucked Vince McMahon's granddaughter in the ring. He's not untouchable, he just hasn't done anything wrong enough to get himself fired.

Cena doesn't have more power than Trips, that's silly.

Cary Silkin has approximately as much power in this business as every other indy promoter. As close to fuck all as you can possibly get. In fact, Bob Trobich is probably still more powerful, and his office hasn't held any real power in decades.

Taniguchi also shouldn't be on the list. He doesn't call the shots in NJPW, he just runs Yukes.

No Kevin Dunn, Brian Gewirtz or John Laurinatis on the list doesn't lend it any credibility, either. You really think the heads of creative, talent or production at Titan Towers hold less power than Cary Silkin, a guy whose company is constantly teetering on the precipice of bankruptcy?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
7. John Cena, biggest draw in pro wrestling hands down. He is a cash cow and been the king since 2006. Nothing is slowing him down.
then why has he been de-pushed this past year?

also there's Alex Shane, Ricky Knight, Edler, Rodd and Brian Dixon to consider

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guys I've name are not replaceable. If Bob leaves, TNA is done. I can't imagine CMLL without Paco,it would survive but go through a bunch of rough years. Roldans leaving or selling AAA means the end of that company. If Yukes pull out, New Japan would go back to someone like Inoki or sell to the network. Yukes did a lot for New Japan in the past few years. Taker is one of a kind. There's not a face in WWE that can mess with Cena.

Stephanie McMAHON/HHH work as a duo and I said that.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
then why has he been de-pushed this past year?

also there's Alex Shane, Ricky Knight, Edler, Rodd and Brian Dixon to consider
Wow. Alex I can see a minor case for since he's in charge of TNA's UK promotion.

Ricky has never really sought power, he has his family business and, at the end of the day, that's the most important thing to him.

Brian Dixon doesn't have a lot of power in the grand scheme of things. He runs the most shows but there are plenty of successful guys who've never worked for him.

Daniel Edler only thinks he has power. He's like one of those fish that licks the bacteria off the backs of sharks. Without Alex Shane's coattails to ride, he's nothing and never really has been.

Danny Rodd doesn't even have a promotion right now, much less any power.

The guys I've name are not replaceable. If Bob leaves, TNA is done. I can't imagine CMLL without Paco,it would survive but go through a bunch of rough years. Roldans leaving or selling AAA means the end of that company. If Yukes pull out, New Japan would go back to someone like Inoki or sell to the network. Yukes did a lot for New Japan in the past few years. Taker is one of a kind. There's not a face in WWE that can mess with Cena.

Stephanie McMAHON/HHH work as a duo and I said that.
Nobody in this business is irreplaceable. If Bob Carter pulled out of TNA, they'd be fine. Losing Spike would be much more detrimental to them. CMLL would be fine without Paco. If AAA survived the loss of Antonio Pena, CMLL are fine.

A sale by the Roldans or Yukes means, logically, a buyer, doesn't it? So you can't say if they'd survive or fail. For all you know they could both be bought by Donald Trump.

Taker and Cena are easily replaced and will both have to be sooner or later, so their power is negligible. They're only as powerful as their friends.

·
Banned
564 Posts
Wheres Triple H?

Buries people for fun. Gets his awful gym buddies titles whenever they want. Gets insane amounts of TV time despite being boring as shit. That is power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts