Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your list? Not alot of guys have performed at a high level for the entire decade but I am going to list those that I feel have.

1. Aj Styles. - Between Roh,Tna,Wwe and Njpw, what hasnt this guy accomplished in this decade? He started off the 2010s as Tna champ in a long 200+ day reign. Went on as part of the faction fortune. Went to New japan and became a multiple time iwgp champ. The first in 15 years and one of only three foreign wrestlers to become a multiple time iwgp champion. He wasnt finnished here. He came to wwe in one of the biggest debuts of all time and became a multiple time world champ here aswell. Aj Styles has had how many 4.5 star+ matches this decade? With the likes of Ibushi,Nakamura,Okada,Cena,Roman and the various tna/roh guys.

2. Chris Jericho - Much like Aj, Jericho has accomplished alot in this decade. Sure he was parttime for many of the years but if you count his heelrun in 2010, the punk feud, the ko friendship,the list and le champione of aew, the guy has reinvented himself constantly and put on clinics in wwe,njpw and aew. Not alot of guys can say they were worldchamps in three different decades. As the worldheavyweight champ in 2010 and aew champ in 2019, Jericho is the only one on this list to start and end the decade as world champ.

3. Kazuchika Okada - Since his return to newjapan in 2012 he has cemented himself as arguably the greatest japanese wrestler of all time. 5x iwgp champion with over 1500 days as reigning champion. Alongside Tanahashi he brought new japan to a new level here in the west and is very much responsible for the success it has had in this decade. The only reason I dont put him at #1 is because the others accomplished what they did in multiple promotions. Who knows if Okada could ever reach a mainevent level in aew or wwe? Aj Styles and Jericho proved they could.

4. Daniel Bryan - Another wrestler halted by circumstance. Who knows how much better he couldve been had it not been for that injury that took him out in the absolute peak of his career. Despite the almost two year layoff Daniel has delivered incredble moments and matches. 4x wwe champ. 1x world heavy weight champ. United states champ. Intercontinental champ. Tag champ. Money in the bank winner. Wrestlemania maineventer. The guy has done it all and reached a level of popularity not seen since The rock in the early 2000s. When you watched the build to wrestlemania 30, you knew even then that it would go down in history. 6 years later many people claim its one of the best moments in wrestlemania history.

5. John Cena - He served as the face of wwe for the first few years of the decade but his abscense/minor role in the past few years puts him at a 5 for me. John has delivered incredible content this year. He gave Punk the best feud of his career and if it wasnt for John being the perfect sorta corporate opponent, im not sure the summer of punk would work as well. He also served as that perfect opponent for Daniel Bryan in 2013 and the two had the best match of that year. He went on to become united states champion and has incredible matches with anyone from cesaro and zayn to jordan and kevin owens. His feud with Owens was real quality and gave owens some of the best matches of his career. He went on to feud with Aj and also gave Aj arguably the best match he had in wwe. Its not for kayfabe reasons I put Cena at 5 but for the long list of classics he has had.

6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Cm Punk
8. Brock Lesnar
9. Kenny Omega
10. Seth Rollins

Hm: Reigns,Miz,Nakamura,Joe

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Punk doesn't deserve to be here. Performed less than half the decade and about half of that time he wasn't good.

Orton and Nakamura are far more deserving of top 10. I think you nailed the top 5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My list will be:
  1. John Cena
  2. AJ Styles
  3. Daniel Bryan
  4. Roman Reigns
  5. CM Punk
  6. Triple H
  7. Shinsuke Nakamura
  8. Randy Orton