Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your top 10 wrestlers past and present that the WWE/WWF completely dropped the ball on or underutalized.

Heres mine:

10. RVD....yes they gave him a short wwe title reign, but RVD coulda been just as big in the wwe as he was in ECW

9.Million Dollar Man.....best villain of the 80's was left out of having the wwf title for a normal reign. Although his 1 week reign was cool.

8. Smash of demolition.....extremely popular guy.....and even if it was time for a character change.....wtf we get Repo Man. Barry coulda and shoulda been a main event star in the singles competition.

7. MR Perfect.....shoulda been a wwf champion...i'd be willing to bet Hogan prevented this.

6. Rowdy Piper....this is tough because he is one of the most decorated stars of all time.....but never getting the wwf title is a fucking crime.

5. Kerry Von Eric.....wwf kept this man in the mid card.....did they ever see the classic this man had with flair infront 0f 50,000 at texas stadium?

4. William Regal....He could been a mega mega heel as the gm and he was....then they pulled the plug after a suspension. Sure Regal was never a huge star....but an epic heel run in the twilight of his career with an eventual thankyou wwe title reign seemed possible when his GM/ King storyline took off.

3. Christian....Vince loves to take a shit on this guy....and now its too late.

2. Dirk Norwinkski.....no Im kidding....although he coulda been great.....no for real i'm going Wade Barrett on this one. Wade was incredibly over and epic as leader of Nexus.....and then the wwe screwed it up.

1. MR Kennedy.....here is a guy that coulda been the next Rock....or close to it. It pisses me off that this guy coulda been a massive massive star in the wwe....yet bad luck, politics and fucking booking kept him down. yet we would see spurts showing how big he coulda been.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Agree with a lot of those. Especially DiBiase, Perfect and KVE. It's really a bummer Piper didn't have a run with the title but DiBiase and Perfect totally should have. I have never thought to check but I wonder how many IC champs have gone on to be world champs. Maybe half?

Rick Rude would top my list. IMHO Rude, Perfect or DiBiase should have won the title in 89-90 but Vince was just too afraid to put the belt on a heel back then.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Personally...

DDP
Johnny Stamboli (High flying strong big guy? Obviously he'll never be remembered but what he could do in the ring was brilliant, and he could have been huge.)
William Regal
Carlito
Billy Gunn
Kane
Big Show
Roddy Piper
Mr Perfect
Booker T

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
- Sean O'Haire
- Diamond Dallas Page
- Lance Storm
- Rick Rude
- Mr. Perfect
- Rob Van Dam (victim of Triple H's awful Title reigns)
- Brian Pillman
- Mr. Ass
- Sean Waltman

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
- Sean O'Haire
- Diamond Dallas Page
- Lance Storm
- Rick Rude
- Mr. Perfect
- Rob Van Dam (victim of Triple H's awful Title reigns)
- Brian Pillman
- Mr. Ass
- Sean Waltman
These lists are seriously missing Raven.
Lol combine these and I change my list. Except I still think Kane has been raped.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Is this list a joke?

5. Kerry Von Eric.....wwf kept this man in the mid card.....did they ever see the classic this man had with flair infront 0f 50,000 at texas stadium?
It took Vince McMahon nearly 10 years to finally sign Kerry and by that point he was totally burned out from all the drugs he did and was still on and not worth giving a bigger role to. He died shortly into his tenure with the company by committing suicide close by his house with a rifle.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I agree with every person that's been named, but Im gonna drop a name that probably nobody else will agree with. D'Lo Brown.

D'Lo had every thing you needed in a wrestler; mic skills, wrestling skills, and was over with the crowd. He could've done great things in the main event.

·
Registered
592 Posts
RVD
Raven
DDP
Christian
Ted Dibiase Sr
Roddy Piper
Billy Kidman
Randy Savage
Mr Perfect
Jake the Snake

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I agree with every person that's been named, but Im gonna drop a name that probably nobody else will agree with. D'Lo Brown.

D'Lo had every thing you needed in a wrestler; mic skills, wrestling skills, and was over with the crowd. He could've done great things in the main event.
the guy just sucked. hell all the attitude midcarders sucked.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I liked Kennedy, but he's overrated as hell by his fans. He would/could have been a solid player for a long time, but he wouldn't have been anywhere near the level of a Rock or Cena. Or Orton, even.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Shelton Benjamin - this man had great potential but Wwe didn't give him much of a chance
2. Mr. Kennedy - Had potential to be the nest big thing
3. John Morrison - Great wrestler but Wwe made him lose almost every match and didn't give him a decent title run
4. Drew Mcintyre - Big Build up but nothing came of it
5. Jack Swagger - very athletic and was going places but Wwe just stopped him dead in his tracks
6. Bob Holly - This Man should have been Wwe Champion at least once in his career
7. RVD - was one of the best superstars they had but was hardly given a chance at the title
8. Kane - This guy used to be awesome but now he just sucks, I don't blame him I blame the writers
9. Wade Barret - this guys is amazing but Randy Orton buried him
10. Christian - same thing Randy Orton buried him

1 - 20 of 23 Posts