Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted all of your inputs on this, of course the WWE does great things for kids with the Make a Wish foundation and the Wrestlemania Reading Challenge, I am happy that is going well for them also the same feelings go towards the Iraq shows.
However the one thing I am starting to get really irritated about is the WWE NEVER EVER misses an opportunity to toot their own horn with their WWE Facts every RAW, NXT and Smackdown with WWE facts. I just don't understand why they have to do that ALL the time. The facts I mean is how many people go to WWE.com in a day, them beating ratings for NFL, NHL, CBS and any other network they beat in the week. Plus Michael mentioning that RAW is the longest running weekly episodic show in history all the time is quite irritating as he does it all the time. Yes I am very happy for WWE's success and long run, but I don't see why they have to tell us all the time when we already know it and are very well aware of it.

I am very loyal to WWE and I love it, but I just don't know why they have to shove every fact in our faces every week....I donno what do you guys think, I really would love to see what you guys feel about the constant gloating.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
It's all politics my man

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It was a 5 minute self-admistered WWE blowjob intended solely to try and salvage Linda's senate campaign.

It's got nothing to do with all the great things WWE admittedly does. It's all politics.

I'm so agitated by it, I don't even want to talk about it anymore. All I'll say is I wish I could vote in Connecticut so I could have the pleasure of doing my part to end this ridiculous charade by the McMahons to gain legitimate political power. They're like the Corleones, yet Vince has killed far more people.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
It was a 5 minute self-admistered WWE blowjob intended solely to try and salvage Linda's senate campaign.

It's got nothing to do with all the great things WWE admittedly does. It's all politics.

I'm so agitated by it, I don't even want to talk about it anymore. All I'll say is I wish I could vote in Connecticut so I could have the pleasure of doing my part to end this ridiculous charade by the McMahons to gain legitimate political power. They're like the Corleones, yet Vince has killed far more people.
you may be mad but watch it, that is some real bull shit right there :mad:

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all politics my man
oh yeah I agree with you, but I totally think its ridiculous, I am Canadian and if WWE was running for some kind of Canadian political position, there is no way in hell I would base my vote on WWE itself and the things WWE has done. I would base my vote on the person and how I would feel about them in the particular position and if they are right for it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Be honest, most of you don't actually have a problem with WWE tooting their own horn. The real issue you guys have is with WWE showing off its sexy new corporate logo:

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts

That ad was created over a year ago for WWE's corporate website for Investor Relations, made solely to present the company to potential investors. It wasn't just made or made for Linda's campaign, but you go ahead and ignore facts and believe whatever makes you sleep better at night.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
oh yeah I agree with you, but I totally think its ridiculous, I am Canadian and if WWE was running for some kind of Canadian political position, there is no way in hell I would base my vote on WWE itself and the things WWE has done. I would base my vote on the person and how I would feel about them in the particular position and if they are right for it.
It's god that you think that way.

But there are dumb people out there who are easily persuaded by little things like what we saw tonight

They're the ones they're trying to reach with those spots

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
That ad was created over a year ago for WWE's corporate website for Investor Relations, made solely to present the company to potential investors. It wasn't just made or made for Linda's campaign, but you go ahead and ignore facts and believe whatever makes you sleep better at night.
And you think it's just a coincidence WWE is making this big "tell everyone how great WWE is" campaign just weeks before an election that Linda is losing? Unlikely. They specifically presented it under the premise that WWE was "under attack" and that we need to "rally behind it." That's got jack shit to do with investing and everything to do with political posturing.

·
Registered
601 Posts

Bah gawd ring the damn bell!!

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be honest, most of you don't actually have a problem with WWE tooting their own horn. The real issue you guys have is with WWE showing off its sexy new corporate logo:

Yes I will be honest with you, That part did bother me, I am not ashamed to admit that. But that is not what irritates me the most, its not even the talk about the Children's Foundations. I am involved with volunteering for kids foundations and its an amazing thing to do. I stand by that my main problem is them bragging about the number of daily WWE.com hits, their ratings comapared to other show/station ratings, how many magazines are sold, the number of languages WWE is translated in, the number of countries who watch. Like I said i am fine with these facts being expressed once in awhile, or to update if something has changed or a new record is made. But EVERY RAW, NXT AND SMACKDOWN is ridiculous in my opinion. We aren't stupid, WWE doesn't have to tell us these facts as much as they are.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
So those "elitist", as michael cole put it, are potential investors?

gotcha

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
So those "elitist", as michael cole put it, are potential investors?

gotcha
He has to be a Republican. They're about the only people capable of convincing themselves such ridiculous statements are true.

Sure, that video package might not have been made just for this occasion, but the timing is the focal point of this conversation. And the timing all signals to this being major political posturing on WWE's part, and it's downright disgusting.

The only people attacking WWE are the people attacking Linda, ergo, defend Linda by defending WWE.

Nazi Germany would be proud of the E's propaganda strategy.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
The "elitist" comment from Cole doesn't have anything to do with this thing. That video was made to present the company positively to anyone interested in buying shares of the company on the stock market and becoming a shareholder or an investor.

http://www.wwecorpbiz.com, go check the site out for yourself, it's their corporate side.

And I'm not Republican, I'm not anything. I have no interest in the political scene. I have common sense and can see what's going on though. Is there a defense for Linda in there? Sure. But it's there to show the company does a lot of good and provide the other side of the argument to the WWE being a terrible company.

And you think it's just a coincidence WWE is making this big "tell everyone how great WWE is" campaign just weeks before an election that Linda is losing? Unlikely.
They're doing it because she's getting slammed for being connected to the WWE, and the WWE is being presented as some evil, horrible organization. I understand you may hate the WWE and Vince, but when somebody starts something against you, you tend to try and finish it.

It might behoove you to get your facts straight before hating on Linda and the WWE in this situation. Here's what's been going down:

Her opponents have been ignoring the issues in Connecticut, and instead trashing Linda for her connections to the WWE. They've been saying she's unfit to serve, not because of the issues or her stances on anything, but because she was the CEO of the WWE when it was a raunchy TV program. They've been using old storylines, old video clips, and segments of WWE programming as ammo against Linda, and painting the WWE as a terrible organization in the process.

When Linda appears on news programs, the anchors don't ask her about the issues, they instead begin slamming her for being in charge of the WWE with the laundry list of dead wrestlers in recent times and why she didn't do anything to fix that. That's got shit to do with what she's going to do in Connecticut if she gets elected, but that's what they wanna talk about it.

Since they keep getting railed on, WWE decided it was time to show they aren't some vile, maniacal, death machine of a company and show that they are actually a pretty positive and profitable organization. That video was already made to sell the company, so it was a perfect fit to show on the air.

The videos and facts are there to counteract the beating the WWE has been taking through political and media outlets during the campaign. It's got nothing to do with actually getting Linda into office, because the majority of the audience doesn't live in Connecticut and can't vote for her. And if it were, they'd be advertising her run for Senate in those videos. But I forget that logic seems to fail many of you here, so you don't think that through.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's god that you think that way.

But there are dumb people out there who are easily persuaded by little things like what we saw tonight

They're the ones they're trying to reach with those spots
you know what, I don't not believe you for a second. I totally agree there are people out there that are pursuaded by these ads or even a shiny object to be honest. I just hope there are more people out there that make their own political decisions instead of letting TV ads do it for them. When elections happen in Canada I don't pay attention to the ads on my local stations, instead I pay attention to what the candidates have done in the past and compare the promises they have kept in past elections to the ones they haven't and then make my choice based on who I believe is right for the position.
Letting TV ads decide your vote is asking for trouble and to be a puppet.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts

i honestly don't care about the WWE being PG

PG shows can be entertatining

What i don't like is people using "charitable" acts to help them reach some ulterior goal. They try to tell you that they do those things out of the goodness of their heart. But it really shows that's it's just for PR/publicity, when they do things like that

There are a bunch of celebrities out there who donate millions & millions of dollars to charities, but you never hear them bring those things up

1 - 20 of 35 Posts