Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent watched wrestling for a while as they moved it to pay tv but my dad got it and i went over to his house to watch it and i found that wwe is way to predictable and u can see how fake it is does any one else have dis problem with wwe?

·
BTB Hall of Famer
11,532 Posts
Well I only ever get to see PPV's and I always know what happens because I read the spoilers but I don't find it predictable. Besides I watched Heat yesterday (over at my Nan's who has sky) and I didn't find that predictable. Plus it has always been obvious that it was fake

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
um yeah well I told every body that Brock was gonna land on his face and wrestlemania because I saw that coming a mile away :rolleyes: ok I agree the storylines are predictable, they always have been and yeah you can tell all the signiture moves will be performed but wrestling in the noughties is all about athleticism. Who cares if Jeff does the Swanton drop every match it looks pretty impressive every time.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
General WWE thread I would have thought.
Nevermind. While I'm here.
I only see Raw and occasionally PPV's on video months later.
It's predictable in the fact you basically know all the moves that happen in a match.
The thing that shits me is why do they bother have World Title matches on RAW & Smackdown. The title never changes hands except on a PPV. There have been around 6 occasions that it's change on Raw and I can only think of one on Smackdown.

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
It's all to predictable now and the only reason i bother watching is for the Michaels segments on Raw and Angle segments on Smackdown.
I think it's halfly down to the fact that the WWE try to use the weekly shows to promote the upcoming PPV as much as they can and it has an adverse effect on the actual quality of the programming. If they put their attention into making Raw and Smackdown exciting maybe the buy rate will go up for the PPVs without having to spend every minute of TV time setting up a feud or promoting a match.
There are also way too many wrestlers which means the creative team probably can't spend as much time as they'd like on each seperate character.
The roster split isn't helping either, before there were 8 shows in between each PPV, now there's only 4. That can lead to rushed programming and short feuds which don't do the company alot of good.
Overall the WWE is very poor at the moment and it's going to take something of DX or Austin heights to turn it around.

Oh yeah and this should be in General WWE.

·
Registered
268 Posts
technally, this is a rant. And I always knew WWE was too predictable

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It's predictable because Vince wants it that way. Because when Wrestling becomes popular again, having it suck now will make the future product seem that much better

·
Registered
566 Posts
yeh but if he makes it non-predictable now, more ppl will watch it now

·
Registered
840 Posts
People felt compelled to watch in the late nineties because of the ratings war. What WWE needs is some competition. That's why their ratings are in the shitter. They've been down ever since Turner's Shit Circus went out of business. The roster split doesn't help because no one takes it seriously. When the ratings went down, the writers panicked and just started fucking up more and more. Predictability isn't the problem here. Quality is. Besides, when you have some crazy swerve or turn every other week, that gets predictable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont think its that predictable very few people expected Sable to ever return and as far as sayining its not that good any more that cant be true all the great wrestlers have came back and it is very entertaining

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I guess this is kind of a rant, So i'll leave it here for now.

I find that i can sit and predict who will win each and every match, And how they will win it. I can predict how the match will turn, And what twists will come.

However, Things such as Sable's return suprise me. Honestly, How many of you saw that coming?

I guess it's like someone said. Without competition, You dont need to over-extend yourself. You can put on a half-ass show, And people will still watch as there is no alternative.

·
Registered
578 Posts
dido and as far as "all the great wrestlers have came back "
you mean all of the old,hasbeen, shouldbe enjoying retirement, passing the torch guys its ok but really there time has come and gone
very little is unpredictable
as far as sable returning i stated a week before they should do it but i still didnt see it comming

1 - 20 of 20 Posts