Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In true WWE fashion, it seems like they are over-saturating something popular. D-Bryan is now only saying Yes A LOT more...Even during matches, but he renames his move the Yes Lock. Do you agree or disagree with the increase in YES?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
There will never be enough YES.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
the whole yes lock was a little much ill admit, they are just really trying to make the yes idea a thing and not a fad by the looks of things.

but I still love it

·
Registered
567 Posts
It's annoying. Always has been.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree. I admit he cracked me up doing it to Kofi, but it will get overdone I'm afraid
Which is exactly why bryan did it for so long infront of kofi.

Hes trying to stay heel, the breakup with AJ after his post mania raw reaction was indication they are trying to get him heel heat not face reaction, and it kind of worked to an extent, in that he got a tweener type reaction after, but what he is doing now is trying to get 'yes' back to something annoying, which was ,I would presume, its original intent.

This is worthwhile if he needs to be heel for his next big programme, for instance if its with Punk, or even Rock, but otherwise , they should just go with the crowd reactions, thats what Rock always did, worked well for him ,and he changed both ways due to the crowd at different points.

·
Registered
828 Posts
it will get too much like the what chants pretty quickly at this rate, the yes lock was a bit much, the hands before and after the match and before applying the finisher would have been enough to be honest. Crowd is loving it at the minute though, I like the way it's used in matches to replace 10 counts and punches and slaps, pretty amusing when used like that. I enjoyed it's use last night but in a year's time, you will be sick of it I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
They over did it. I liked it at first, now it's just annoying. Just like Michael Cole.
alright taking it a lillll far comparing it with cole, thats a whole different level.

As long as he keeps it out of his in ring work and move names I love it! Its the new what? just hopefully they dont use it more than people used what?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Seems like it's the new "WHAT"? So yes, funny right now and for some time to come but eventually will get old.

Daniel Bryan himself will never get old though.

For now I'm all for the chants continuing, should get the guy a push! Remember they only really took off after his Wrestlemania disaster, probably for that very purpose.

·
Six Point Terror
894 Posts
Was him saying "Yes" during the match too much, I'll say so. But I see what Creative and Bryan are doing with the word. It's working, can't complain about that. I'm totally down for the Lebell lock being called the YES Lock.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
"Yes!" jumped the shark last night when Daniel Bryan renamed the LaBell Lock the Yes Lock, and acted like a retard chanting it in front of Kofi Kingston.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Not a fan of Yes and No being chanted after every move other than that I'm perfectly fine with the Bryan lovefest.

WWE should probally not zoom in on the crowd doing it though because some of the people they showed didn't do them any favors.

·
Premium Member
17,272 Posts
They're probably over doing it so people like it less.
I think they're making DB over-do it. Not on purpose like you said, but I don't think DB would want to use YES this much on his own.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts