Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WWE have no sold night of champions and Battleground to some extent too. What is going on? Whats the point of having PPV's so close together when a longer build would allow for deeper rivalries and a more important feel to each match.

If I were the COO i would be looking to axe a few events such as night of champions, battleground, Hell in a cell in order to space everything out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
They could do with one or two less PPVs (others feel more than that), but seriously just take NoC's Intercontinental championship match for example: Curtis Axel vs first person HHH sees backstage. Dat build.

Everything is booked last minute with so little build or little sense (AJ vs Brie, Sandow vs Dolph, Real Americans vs Child Appeal Characters) that nothing matters except for the WWE title. And they even managed to screw that up by focusing more on Big Show instead lol. This company....

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
They did a huge, massive, gigantic storyline for Bryan for Night of Chmapions. You think they no sold it? wtf?

Battleground was barely pushed though. I have no doubt it's going to bomb.

And OP, they don't space it out because by axing two PPVs, they're losing 400-500k buys right off the top.

So that means every other PPV MUST draw at least 50k more viewers PER PPV just to break even.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
Its both, they have no time to build good stories. They need to get rid of some of these PPV's.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,751 Posts
Generally speaking, it's alittle bit of both. I would prefer 8 PPVs, as a fan. But I know that isn't feasible for WWE. The product is over-saturated for us older fans, but the company still makes money on PPV on a month to month basis. As long as they keep making money on these PPVs, they are going to continue to churn them out, no mater how rushed or unappealing they are to a lot of us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to think hard for a moment there for a match at NOC other than Bryan vs Orton.

Personally, I think we are in the hangover of Summerslam. It was a fantastic PPV and it seems like theres been an inevitable drop since then. Now i am no figures man but surely they'd make more money by increasing the importance of PPV's meaning more people buy.
Also more people would tune into raw because shit will actually be going down on RAW instead of a pointless monthly PPV

·
We Are All Craig Whyte
4,719 Posts
Too many around this time of year.

Should be:

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Elimination Chamber
March - none
April - Wrestlemania
May - Extreme Rules
June - Payback/whatever you want to call it
July - Money in the Bank
August - Summerslam
September - None
October - Night of Champions
November - Survivor Series
December - TLC

·
53,751 Posts
The fact that they have so many PPVs affects the builds to these PPVs. If you have less (even if it's just 8 or 9) you have more time between PPVs to really build some heat for some feuds. It's not a lock that the product would improve with less PPVs, but there is a chance. But unless WWE starts to consistently lose money with some of these PPVs, they're not going to lower the number of PPVs.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
If I had it my way, which isn't necessarily the best way, there would only be Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, Summerslam, Survivor Series & Armageddon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too many around this time of year.

Should be:

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Elimination Chamber
March - none
April - Wrestlemania
May - Extreme Rules
June - Payback/whatever you want to call it
July - Money in the Bank
August - Summerslam
September - None
October - Night of Champions
November - Survivor Series
December - TLC
In a perfect world;

January: Royal Rumble
February:Elimination Chamber
March:-
April: Wrestlemania
May:
June: Extreme Rules/Backlash
July:
August: Summerslam
September:-
October:-
November:- Survivor Series
December- TLC

Wouldn't be enough for many and I appreciate that, but it would mean things actually occur on raw.

·
53,751 Posts
Strictly from a fan perspective, this is how I would like to see it:

January- Royal Rumble
March- WrestleMania
June- King of the Ring
August- SummerSlam
November- Survivor Series
December- Armageddon

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are wondering about Money in the Bank's absence I personally, would have it staged at Wrestlemania like it used to be. Also i'd make it 1 briefcase. Two briefcases is overkill meaning you end up with people like Sandow winning it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strictly from a fan perspective, this is how I would like to see it:

January- Royal Rumble
March- WrestleMania
June- King of the Ring
August- SummerSlam
November- Survivor Series
December- Armageddon
Id love that. Each PPV would be a real event instead, I am currently no selling Battleground for this thread. lol

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I had to think hard for a moment there for a match at NOC other than Bryan vs Orton.

Personally, I think we are in the hangover of Summerslam. It was a fantastic PPV and it seems like theres been an inevitable drop since then. Now i am no figures man but surely they'd make more money by increasing the importance of PPV's meaning more people buy.
Also more people would tune into raw because shit will actually be going down on RAW instead of a pointless monthly PPV
True but you can't deny that the push for that main event was much harder and stronger than the push for any other main event. . .fuck I can't even think of a stronger once any time recently. It saturated the entire show.

A big main event will draw more than 8 slightly pushed stories any day though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
True but you can't deny that the push for that main event was much harder and stronger than the push for any other main event. . .fuck I can't even think of a stronger once any time recently. It saturated the entire show.

A big main event will draw more than 8 slightly pushed stories any day though.
Talking of builds and to not be totally down on the WWE. Ive loved the Rhodes family angle and build for this PPV. It's all aimed towards getting Cody even further over with the crowd.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I'll add a third option. Too many matches that nobody wants to see.

I don't want to see Bryan Vs Orton as I think its stale. I don't want to see ADR as the WHC. I don't want to see Heyman Vs Punk in a feud that is way too overplayed and a Ryback feud I saw a year ago.

Then I would say it was all three options.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
both my friend both.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts