Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WWE has way too many PPVs. It makes the title changes less meaningful. Feuds are rushed instead of being built. I liked it when Raw and Smackdown had different PPVs. Feuds were able to develop. More people on each show was featured on PPV. It also allowed promos to be better instead of rushing through the storyline.

Cena Vs ADR fell victim to this. The feud had no build up. ADR wasn't able to be on TV, but if we had less PPVs then ADR would of had some TV time against Cena.

PPVs can be expensive. Having so many so soon is not a good idea. Less and Less people are buying PPVs live.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,209 Posts
14 PPVs in this economy, when it has never been easier to get a PPV and watch it for free, is silly. Go to 8, a good number.

They should have the Big 4/The Majors and make certain that the other 4 have stuff you don't see on t.v.
Hell In A Cell, Money In The Bank, Elimination Chamber and have Backlash be a very hardcore, intense PPV that could follow something like WrestleMania. Go to 8 PPVs and make each and every one of them a spectacle.

Twice a year they have PPVs within 2 weeks of each other. I don't get it. I've long been an advocate for 8 a year.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
14 PPVs in this economy, when it has never been easier to get a PPV and watch it for free, is silly. Go to 8, a good number.

They should have the Big 4/The Majors and make certain that the other 4 have stuff you don't see on t.v.
Hell In A Cell, Money In The Bank, Elimination Chamber and have Backlash be a very hardcore, intense PPV that could follow something like WrestleMania. Go to 8 PPVs and make each and every one of them a spectacle.

Twice a year they have PPVs within 2 weeks of each other. I don't get it. I've long been an advocate for 8 a year.
PPVs two weeks apart is not smart. We're in a damn recession. They need to fix this sooner than later.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I agree recession is hella tough. I think they should do it every 1 every 2 months maybe 6 PPV each year would be a nice number and more meaningful.

Wrestlemania
Royal Rumbele
Suvivor Series
Summer Slam
Money in The Bank
Elimination Chamber

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
Wait a second.

RKO Franklin making a thread that makes fucking sense? Did you decide to stop trolling, or just had a brief moment of good posting?

EDIT:

I think 12 a year would be an improvement for now, but cutting it down to 8 would be better.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I try to buy as many PPV's as I can, but c'mon 2 weeks apart from last NoC to HiaC? Not to mention that the single PPV prices have go up in recent years, I think.
I'll probably skip the next one as well, there will be no buildup what so ever for HiaC.

Either make them cheaper, or kinda like those In Your House, or have less of them. 8 would seem a real good number, not 14. You would have people buying them when there's time to buildup stories instead of paying good money for a match that was on last Raw or sth like that.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I've said it time and time again that for people to actually care about WWE PPV's again they need to cut back on PPV's to six a year which allows them to put two months build up into every PPV. Back when they began doing a PPV a month it was to cover the losses they were making in 1995 and then it began to work well in 1997 through to 2002 because of the star power they had but now that isn't something they have anymore.

There isn't the characters anymore that draw people in nor is there the storylines to make people interested in the payoff matches like before so more time is needed to build up PPV matches. With a PPV every two months more time could be used to further storylines to compensate for a lack of drawing characters and hopefully the storylines would be good enough to make people want to buy a PPV for the payoff. I'm a HUGE fan of long feuds that go on for a few months with feuds like Michaels/Hart, Austin/Hart, Undertaker/Foley, Austin/Triple H, Michaels/Triple H, Cena/Edge, Rock/Triple H, Savage/Flair, Sting/Hogan, Angle/Lesnar being amongst the best ever and it was the length that made the feuds so good.

The offset there being six PPV's a year WWE could do a three hour Raw and a three hour SmackDown in the month there isn't a PPV with big matches which would hopefully boost ratings for the shows. The reason why buyrates and ratings are down is obviously down to the economy but also because we see the same thing once a month and sometimes even twice a month and no time to build storylines or feuds but are still expected to care the same. I don't see myself as a creative genius but WWE does very well as a company especially seeing as they have branched out into other things and having a monopoly on the business so surely they should be able to handle cutting PPV's down to six.

By doing this they could have a lot more quality over quantity and the term less is more could not be any truer so something like this would work for me,

The Royal Rumble in January
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in February
WrestleMania in March
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in April
Extreme Rules in May
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in June
Money In The Bank in July
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in August
SummerSlam in September
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in October
Survivor Series in November
Three hour Raw and SmackDown in December

Now if a PPV like Night Of Champions was to be kept you could simply put Money In The Bank back on the card at WrestleMania and lose the PPV to fit Night Of Champions back on to the PPV schedule. Going into WrestleMania a number one contender for the WWE or World title could be made by having a tournament over a few weeks with the final being on the three hour Raw or SmackDown, depending on who won The Royal Rumble. Of course all of this makes to much sense so won't happen but quality over quantity is the only way WWE are going to address their problems with buyrates and ratings.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
They do need less you're right. It should be 10 at most, but 8 is the perfect number.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
HIAC and Vengeance are highly un-necessary .. we got HIAC in one week then vengeance 3 weeks later

how the fuck can you build a feud in just two weeks ?

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
Need a IYH sort of concept, maybe like On Your Screen or something like that to make it more up to date..
January - Royal Rumble
February - No Way Out: On Your Screen (2 hrs, cheaper)
March/ April - WrestleMania
April/May - Backlash: On Your Screen (2hrs, cheaper)
June - King of The Ring
July - Bash at the Beach: On Your Screen (2hrs, cheaper)
August - SummerSlam
September - One Your Screen: Money In The Bank (2hrs, cheaper)
October - Halloween Havoc: On your Screen (2hrs, cheaper)
November - Fall Brawl: World War 3
December - On Your Screen: Armageddon (2hrs, cheaper)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Jan: Royal Rumble
Feb/Mar: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
April: Wrestlemania
May/Jun/Jul: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
August: Summerslam
Sep/Oct: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
Nov: Survivor Series
Dec: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions

Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions should be free and air on a station like ABC/NBC.

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
Jan: Royal Rumble
Feb/Mar: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
April: Wrestlemania
May/Jun/Jul: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
August: Summerslam
Sep/Oct: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions
Nov: Survivor Series
Dec: Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions

Saturday Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions should be free and air on a station like ABC/NBC.
how could they make money?

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
should go back to old format of 1 a month

this lets story line's breathe and not have to rush booking for a ppv because it is 2 weeks away

and lets feuds have longevity

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Funny I was just thinking this today when I realised that last weeks shows were the first after NoC (the fallout of the PPV) and this weeks shows are the last before HiaC...HiaC deserves more than 1 week of build. Personally I'd scrap it. It is becoming more and more a single 1 on 1 match with a big metal cage round it. There was a couple last year I think where they didn't even use the cell or leave it or anything. They just kept it all in the ring. I don't think they can fully use the HiaC format in the current WWE running. I'm not saying we need blood, but to have a whole PPV centered around it doesn't work. I just don't see Cena/DR/Punk as being HiaC worthy....Punk/HHH would be if they let that boil for another 4 - 6 weeks but instead they gave that away at NoC. So I would Defo get rid of HiaC and free it up to be used when needed and nto forced into using it in October every year when it isn't needed. I would also get rid on another 2 PPV at least, probably Capitol Punishment since it didnt do too well, and TLC leaving SSeries as the last of the year (End November) and the Rumble could be at about the 2nd week of January giving you a good 5/6 weeks of build.

Basiclaly my calander would look like this:
Royal Rumble - 8th January 2012
No Way Out (EC) - 5th February 2012
Wrestlemania - 1st April 2012
Backlash - 29th April 2012
- Three Hour Raw Special in May -
Money In The Bank - 3rd June 2012
Night Of Champions - 8th July 2012
SummerSlam - 12th August 2012
Vengence - 16th September 2012
New PPV - 21st October 2012
Survivor Series - 25th November 2012
- Three Hour Raw Xmas Special in December -

10 PPVs and 2 three hour raws a year. That seems pretty good and the names all work. I dont get why they changed backlash or NWO

·
Registered
820 Posts
This is one of the biggest things wrong with WWE at the mo.

Even the big 4 (except WrestleMania) don't feel special. There isn't the talent, there isn't the storylines and there aren't the crowds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts